Canucks Leaving
Citys Broke and Riggies

Albany, NY

#109 May 3, 2014
Rashy Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave Smith is posting under what he had for lunch. He is obsessed with feces.
I guess similiar to you posting about gays and blacks right trashy? Truth hurts doesn't it?
prendere lesca

Utica, NY

#110 May 3, 2014
Fecal Matter and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not. Uticans never keep their word anyway. I can do whatever the hell I want to do. Why don't you leave?
Because a man admits when he's wrong. Then, Again, You're not much of a man are you?
Exposed and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#111 May 3, 2014
prendere lesca wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a man admits when he's wrong. Then, Again, You're not much of a man are you?
I'm very much a man but nice try.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CALGARY FLAMEOUT

Holland Patent, NY

#112 May 3, 2014
No Nightlife and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the direction the league wants to go and the parent teams want to go why do you find it impossible? Especially when the ahl president already came out and publicly said it's happening in 2015.
boy your great at putting woords in other peoples mouths and exagerating the facts......
comet doughboy

Holland Patent, NY

#113 May 3, 2014
Burning Skis and Riggies wrote:
What I find comical is the sense of safety that uticans feel about the team that someone utica reinvented the wheel for the ahl. They had 4th lowest attendance in the league and the only reason they beat out Portland was they were playing in a temporary building while renovations were being done to their actual home. Portland is usually in the middle of the pack.
If Rochester almost lost the Amerks...and ahl institution...any team can leave.
attendance dosent matter to the parent club as long as they are not the owners of the team. esche and his group pay vancouver a set amout each year for players and staff. its esches issues to recover that money in ticket sales, souvineers, advertising, ect ect. and as long as esche can out bid another city for a parent teams players , he will have a team here.... its that simple. vancouver just wants the player fees....... and since esche runs and controls the auditorium and all its expences, he is in a great position to keep doing that. remember, esche still gets all revenue from the building weather its utica college, high school, circus, flower show, whatever is going on there, hes making money!!!!!!!!!!
Comets 2014-15

Herkimer, NY

#114 May 3, 2014
comet doughboy wrote:
<quoted text>
attendance dosent matter to the parent club as long as they are not the owners of the team. esche and his group pay vancouver a set amout each year for players and staff. its esches issues to recover that money in ticket sales, souvineers, advertising, ect ect. and as long as esche can out bid another city for a parent teams players , he will have a team here.... its that simple. vancouver just wants the player fees....... and since esche runs and controls the auditorium and all its expences, he is in a great position to keep doing that. remember, esche still gets all revenue from the building weather its utica college, high school, circus, flower show, whatever is going on there, hes making money!!!!!!!!!!
Not to mention that the Comets average attendance was 90% capacity and they didn't inflate their attendance with so called home games at their NHL team's rink.
Handouts

United States

#115 May 3, 2014
What a great waste of taxpayer money. How much of every ticket was subsidized from taxpayer dollars?
prendere lesca

Utica, NY

#117 May 3, 2014
Exposed and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very much a man but nice try.

So when July 1st comes around and the Canucks are still in Utica will we hear " sorry I was wrong" or will you do your usual avoid and change the subjecr dance?
Murnane Field and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#119 May 4, 2014
comet doughboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and the Canucks own the team. Aqulini wants the building in abbottsford. He also wants his team closer to home. He also wants to keep all the money himself. It's not only the reason he owns the Canucks but the arena they play in.
Murnane Field and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#120 May 4, 2014
Comets 2014-15 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention that the Comets average attendance was 90% capacity and they didn't inflate their attendance with so called home games at their NHL team's rink.
Well two things. The NHL games attendances aren't figured into home attendance figures. Secondly percentage of capacity means nothing. Would you rather be an owner averaging 8000 fans in a 10000 seat arena or 3400 fans in a 4000 seat arena?
comets uc

New Paltz, NY

#122 May 4, 2014
Murnane Field and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Well two things. The NHL games attendances aren't figured into home attendance figures. Secondly percentage of capacity means nothing. Would you rather be an owner averaging 8000 fans in a 10000 seat arena or 3400 fans in a 4000 seat arena?
depends on which of those setups will be more profitable. 8000 fans sounds good untill you figure in building payments and the highest travel expences in the entire league......and the abbotsford rink holds 8000 people, the games are all two in three nights, or two in two nights, so that will hurt attendance. seeing how they will be playing alot of weeknight games. so if they average 5000 fans and have the most expensive travel , and the worst travel schedule. vrs 3400 fans and a very easy and cheap travel schedule...... well you can add 2+2.... but maybe not.......... it comes down to 80 nights in hotels and 2500 miles from your closest ahl rival, or 20 nights in hotels and 50 miles from your closest ahl rival.........
crunch fan

New Paltz, NY

#123 May 4, 2014
Murnane Field and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and the Canucks own the team. Aqulini wants the building in abbottsford. He also wants his team closer to home. He also wants to keep all the money himself. It's not only the reason he owns the Canucks but the arena they play in.

there you go again puting words into other peoples mouths........ abbotsford was a failed experiment. putting a team 2500 miles from the closest opponent is just flipping stupid. all it does is hinder the development of the canucks young players.. just like the flames found out. there will be no team in abbotsford untill the ahl finally does the western conference, which may or may not ever happen. the western nhl teams have proposed that plan ever since the IHL went under because of its bloated travel expences.... and if they ever do the western conferance, it wont last long. those five or six teams are going to be forced to play amongst themselves for 30- 32 of 38 home games.... the fans will get sick of seeing the same opponents all year long, then attendance starts going down....... the AHL is not about to make the same mistake the IHL did......... no minor hockey team has survived long term in the west, but they have in the east!!!!!!!!!! name me one west coast minor hockey city that has the history of a springfield, rochester or a hershey...... there are none.......... hell theres not even a west city that can rival a syracuse, portland, or a binghamton.......... not even close..........
Corruption and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#124 May 4, 2014
comets uc wrote:
<quoted text> depends on which of those setups will be more profitable. 8000 fans sounds good untill you figure in building payments and the highest travel expences in the entire league......and the abbotsford rink holds 8000 people, the games are all two in three nights, or two in two nights, so that will hurt attendance. seeing how they will be playing alot of weeknight games. so if they average 5000 fans and have the most expensive travel , and the worst travel schedule. vrs 3400 fans and a very easy and cheap travel schedule...... well you can add 2+2.... but maybe not.......... it comes down to 80 nights in hotels and 2500 miles from your closest ahl rival, or 20 nights in hotels and 50 miles from your closest ahl rival.........
Hmmm...and yet the ahl is creating a pacific division. Interesting.
Corruption and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#125 May 4, 2014
crunch fan wrote:
<quoted text>
there you go again puting words into other peoples mouths........ abbotsford was a failed experiment. putting a team 2500 miles from the closest opponent is just flipping stupid. all it does is hinder the development of the canucks young players.. just like the flames found out. there will be no team in abbotsford untill the ahl finally does the western conference, which may or may not ever happen. the western nhl teams have proposed that plan ever since the IHL went under because of its bloated travel expences.... and if they ever do the western conferance, it wont last long. those five or six teams are going to be forced to play amongst themselves for 30- 32 of 38 home games.... the fans will get sick of seeing the same opponents all year long, then attendance starts going down....... the AHL is not about to make the same mistake the IHL did......... no minor hockey team has survived long term in the west, but they have in the east!!!!!!!!!! name me one west coast minor hockey city that has the history of a springfield, rochester or a hershey...... there are none.......... hell theres not even a west city that can rival a syracuse, portland, or a binghamton.......... not even close..........
And yet the ahl is creating a pacific division. With your foresight I guess the giants would never have went to San Francisco or the dodgers to la?
Corruption and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#126 May 4, 2014
And don't forget the a's to Oakland.
slapshot

Utica, NY

#127 May 4, 2014
My opinion is that it's to late to for the comets to move to Abbotsford. To much turmoil for the team to go through, the Canucks have to straighten out their own house first. I believe the Comets will be in Utica for at least 2 more years. See everybody in October.
No Tourism and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#129 May 4, 2014
slapshot wrote:
My opinion is that it's to late to for the comets to move to Abbotsford. To much turmoil for the team to go through, the Canucks have to straighten out their own house first. I believe the Comets will be in Utica for at least 2 more years. See everybody in October.
Really? Was it too late for peoria to move to utica in mid June of last year? How quickly some forget.
crunch fan

United States

#130 May 4, 2014
No Tourism and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Was it too late for peoria to move to utica in mid June of last year? How quickly some forget.
Yes... how quickly one does forget...... like you forgetting that last year vancouver was granted a one month extension to locate a new home for their farm team or suspend its operation for one year. they chose to put it in utica. that extension was granted this same time last year, so if another extension is not granted to vancouver tommorrow (which is the AHL meeting) its all done with. the canucks will remain in utica.
Audits and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#131 May 4, 2014
crunch fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... how quickly one does forget...... like you forgetting that last year vancouver was granted a one month extension to locate a new home for their farm team or suspend its operation for one year. they chose to put it in utica. that extension was granted this same time last year, so if another extension is not granted to vancouver tommorrow (which is the AHL meeting) its all done with. the canucks will remain in utica.
And how do you know that? Just like I guess if abbottsford doesn't announce a new home then they're out too? You realize those laws are very bendable correct?
Geographical Savy Riggies

Rochester, NY

#132 May 4, 2014
Corruption and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet the ahl is creating a pacific division. With your foresight I guess the giants would never have went to San Francisco or the dodgers to la?
Pacific Division? Let's here teams/cities will be in it because the only coast team is Abbotsford. The next furthest west teams are Texas (Austin), San Antonio and Okla City (closer to the Mississippi River than the Rockies), hell even Charlotte, NC is in that West Division.

Charlotte should be put in the East Div,, then slide Syracuse to the North, Lake Eire to the Midwest and Iowa to the West.

What new cities do you plan to make to accept a team? Anchorage, Boise, Stockton, Salt Lake, Las Vegas? They're already in the ECHL.
Maybe you can talk Seattle-Tacoma, Portland, Eugene, Spokane, San Fran/Oakland, Victoria BC?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sam wessing 11 min Jenel 38
West Utica/Scooby doo (Mar '10) 58 min michele 49
Mary Heldman (Jun '13) 3 hr Brian 9
Oriskany blvd smell 4 hr Scooby dooby doo 2
Wicked the band (Jul '13) 4 hr Megga 18
lisa martin (Dec '09) 4 hr Goldberg 8
Easy bartenders 4 hr Sal 20
Mayors $20,000 raise 5 hr logic 28
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 8 hr Titanium22 241
Affair outside bennu in whitesboro 16 hr Wait 35