Comments
41 - 60 of 173 Comments Last updated May 7, 2014
comets doughboy

Syracuse, NY

#52 May 1, 2014
Cess Pool Riggies wrote:
Please don't forget if anyone can find out if any of the players are gay males younger then 18.
I like hockey players because they can have teeth missing and with this rash on my face and a IQ of 8, no job, no life, I need a young man who is scary looking.
minumum age in the Ahl is 18, so no there are no younger males....
comets uc

Syracuse, NY

#53 May 1, 2014
Cess Pool Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm...well someone already has. That's beside the point though.
The Canucks want their team closer to home as apparently up to 7 other west coast NHL teams. Aquillini want his team in his backyard. Aqulini wants to own the sports complex in abbottsford. The pacific division will be created next season. Abbottsford just spent over 5 million dollars to oust the flames. You do the math.
Aqulini and the canucks just blew 8 million bucks today firing torts, ad in the 4 million the owe Gillies and theres 12 million bucks shot to hell...... im sure they wanna blow even more moving their farm team after one year... there are league by laws you know that the canucks need to follow......
Solar Powered Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#54 May 1, 2014
comets uc wrote:
<quoted text>
Aqulini and the canucks just blew 8 million bucks today firing torts, ad in the 4 million the owe Gillies and theres 12 million bucks shot to hell...... im sure they wanna blow even more moving their farm team after one year... there are league by laws you know that the canucks need to follow......
Why do you assume they are blowing money by leaving? What do they have invested in the comets? Absolutely zero. Worst case scenario is aquilini moves his team to abbottsford and even if he averages the same attendance as the comets there guess what? He pockets all of the money.

As far as by laws...you mean the same by laws that were granted extensions last season when the Canucks had to settle on utica as it's sixth publicized choice for an affiliate? You mean those by laws?
riggies stuck inmykeyster

Utica, NY

#56 May 1, 2014
Don't pay attention to me , I make no common cents !!

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#58 May 1, 2014
Why is a Canucks affiliate in Utica NY banning Whitesboro NY students from a public auditorium they have always been entitled to?

Something is wrong with that. A social media campaign would probably clear it up though.
Riggies Make meat A balls

Clifton Park, NY

#59 May 1, 2014
peter pucked wrote:
<quoted text> that wavier last year was under completely different circumstances. They had just bought the team and was told that Peoria did not want them. There are no such circumstances this year, vancouver has a binding contract with utica, and utica wants the team. The nhl is not about to let them spend half the summer trying to decide what to do, the nhl would make them fulfill the contract.
"Binding contract". Lol!

Clifton Park, NY

#60 May 1, 2014
uc comets wrote:
<quoted text> if the attendance remains the same as it is in utica, they will loose their azz..... It will cost a hell of a lot more to run a team in abbotsford than in utica. The travel and hotels alone would be way too much and they still have to pay the other teams to fly in.
Really? Are you sure about that? Considering the Canucks won't have to keep as full a roster with call ups so close...considering all of the money from each game goes directly to the Canucks...are you really sure they'd lose their azz? I suggest you reevaluate.

Also considering the ahl will be creating a pacific division next season or whatever they may call it it's going to end up quite beneficial to them financially.
Ahl

Utica, NY

#61 May 1, 2014
Riggies Make meat A balls wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Are you sure about that? Considering the Canucks won't have to keep as full a roster with call ups so close...considering all of the money from each game goes directly to the Canucks...are you really sure they'd lose their azz? I suggest you reevaluate.
Also considering the ahl will be creating a pacific division next season or whatever they may call it it's going to end up quite beneficial to them financially.
dude give it up. They would have to sell out every game to have a chance at compeating with uticas price of running the team. Your a joke now. Face the fact the comets are here for a few years

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#62 May 1, 2014
Keep thinkin' that.

Clifton Park, NY

#63 May 1, 2014
Ahl wrote:
<quoted text>dude give it up. They would have to sell out every game to have a chance at compeating with uticas price of running the team. Your a joke now. Face the fact the comets are here for a few years
Really? How do you figure...I mean considering the ahl is creating a division of at least six teams consisting of western NHL team parent clubs? Please explain how you came up with this.

Utica, NY

#64 May 1, 2014
Can't blame them if they leave, they probably didn't think the place would look like a african village and have their vehicles broken into by the tribe.
Racism and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#65 May 1, 2014
Riggies Make meat A balls wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How do you figure...I mean considering the ahl is creating a division of at least six teams consisting of western NHL team parent clubs? Please explain how you came up with this.
I'm not sure how they explain that.
Stewarts and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#68 May 2, 2014
peter pucked wrote:
<quoted text> player callups has nothing to do with it. You have to remember that both teams have half their games on the road. The likely hood of both teams being in vancouver at the same time is highly unlikely. They will need to draw from the same fan base or they will fight for fans. And the arena is free?? You say all the money is going direct to the canucks.... Ya right after they get done making payments and interest on a 70 million dollar building!!! Wow you really need to look at the big picture!!!!
Yeah exactly. Look at the big picture. They now have an arena for year long events. You need to look at the big picture and just stop concentrating on the ahl team as one entity. It's not. Do you know that the Canucks currently have to carry a bigger roster with players on two way contracts because of the distance between vancouver and utica? Do you know what the minimum NHL salary is compared to a top ahl contract? See you in June.
Stewarts and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#69 May 2, 2014
Racism and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure how they explain that.
It's because they can't. The ahl president already came out and said it was happening so all uticans can do at this point is use their "utican logic" or bury their heads in the sand as typical and just deny.
Dead Downtown and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#71 May 2, 2014
peter pucked wrote:
<quoted text>all teams carry extra players no matter where their farm team is located..... And if the nhl does go westward then it does. What's the big deal... I survived the last 20 yes without a nhl team. I'm sure I can survive 20 more without a team...... My guess is Esche would be best with a OHL team......
Western division teams are forced to carry more than east coast teams. That's a fact. The western division eliminates that.
Yup

New Hartford, NY

#72 May 2, 2014
Stewarts and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah exactly. Look at the big picture. They now have an arena for year long events. You need to look at the big picture and just stop concentrating on the ahl team as one entity. It's not. Do you know that the Canucks currently have to carry a bigger roster with players on two way contracts because of the distance between vancouver and utica? Do you know what the minimum NHL salary is compared to a top ahl contract? See you in June.
Dave, have you always been a Canucks fan or did this come about because of the affiliation with the Comets?
Dead Downtown and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#74 May 2, 2014
peter pucked wrote:
<quoted text> no one is forcing anyone to do anything. Did you ever think that maybe western teams carry extra guys because of the incredible amount of travel those teams are forced to do. More than likely their western ahl team will be forced to do the same. Its a non issue. Its obvious that the western nhl teams want to try having their ahl team close buy, but its about marketing and expanding their fan base. Not about how many guys are on the roster. I would imagine if they pull it off, that cities like bingo, utica, glens falls, portland will loose their teams. Each city will adapt and move on. Some of the western teams do not own the franchise that their players are located currently. The ducks and sharks do not own ahl franchises.. I'm sure there are others...that will be an issue....
No. The western teams are forced to carry extra players because of distances to the farm teams. And yes it's about marketing their franchises but an exodus to the west for these teams will significantly lower roster costs as well...so much so that it is happening. The smaller east cost teams will be the ones who go.
Canal Feces and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#76 May 2, 2014
peter pucked wrote:
<quoted text> its more than just that. Vancouver last year had a lot of injuries both long term and short term. Players can only be sent down so many times before clearing waivers. That's why dalpe was in vancouver all most all season. Also short term injury's that are game time decisions would force a team to keep extra Players on hand.
Game time decisions are never game time decisions. They are game day decisions. Something teams on the west coast don't have the luxury of with teams on the east coast. Paying those players extra money just to sit is costly. Take the rangers for instance. They need a player at 100 pm from Hartford? Boom he's there by 5. Same goes for nj and Albany. Same goes for torotono.

The pacific division is happening and the Canucks will be gone.
Rashy Dave

New Hartford, NY

#77 May 2, 2014
Canal Feces and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Game time decisions are never game time decisions. They are game day decisions. Something teams on the west coast don't have the luxury of with teams on the east coast. Paying those players extra money just to sit is costly. Take the rangers for instance. They need a player at 100 pm from Hartford? Boom he's there by 5. Same goes for nj and Albany. Same goes for torotono.
The know nothing about hockey pos Dave Smith uses his favorite meal as a screen name! Lololololol!!!!!!!!!
WBoro Trash and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#78 May 2, 2014
Canal Feces and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to the point before being interrupted again by the resident racist and trash from whitesboro.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sux my cox oh y dont u sux my cox (Oct '10) 22 min cox suxker 2
COPS are the NEW ]\[IGGERS OF UTICA! 59 min Billy Gorilly 1
who was the chick a fuel bar having sex in the ... 1 hr Shes disgusting 7
stem dean 1 hr Bob 45
Where is samantha hazeltine hiding 1 hr Jjj 2
NEGRO WOMEN make NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC WHITE WOME... 1 hr BONENOSEPLATELIP 1
NEGRO is RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CRIME IN ATLANTA J... 1 hr STD CRIMINAL NEGRO 1
New Hartford becoming Utica 2 hr Already left fool 21
utica aud 3 hr Apparently 139
utica national (Jun '13) 5 hr Holly 527