Canucks Leaving
No Way Riggies

Gouverneur, NY

#29 Apr 30, 2014
I am never wrong. I am Rashy Dave Smith - Utica's own Troll and punk azzz biatch! See you in November.
Not Jealous Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#30 Apr 30, 2014
aqulini riggies wrote:
<quoted text> well vancouver is a nhl town, cant see all these vancouver fans flocking to abbotsford to see a ahl team. hell the last trip the comets made out there in the spring both crowds were under 3000 people. it wont take long for that novalty to wear off..... and they will still have to pay the competitions travel into abbotsford. so there goes another 1.5 million a year.Abbotsford citizens are so pi**ed off about that whole mess, half the residents wont set foot in the place no matter what team is playing... not a recipe for profit!!!!! just the intrest on a loan to finance the building purchase would kill him, and thats if the arena is even for sale, the city seems to have plans.....seems like things will need to settle down for a couple years before anything will happen out there.
You truly are lost. The building is and has been for sale.
Not Jealous Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#31 Apr 30, 2014
hockeyman wrote:
When the puck drops at the AUD in UTICA next seasnon. Everyone will be telling you "I told you so". When that happens will you admit that you were wrong?????
Sure because I'm not. See you in June.
Not Jealous Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#32 Apr 30, 2014
And another week goes by without the super duper mega improvements to the aud. Why is that? Hmm...LOL!
YO HOME GIRL

Utica, NY

#33 Apr 30, 2014
If that welfare failure mother taught you how to be a real human with a job instead of a failure welfare low tech loser, you wouldn't be worried failure.
Snow Jobs and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#34 Apr 30, 2014
Not Jealous Riggies wrote:
And another week goes by without the super duper mega improvements to the aud. Why is that? Hmm...LOL!
I guarantee another 20 years will go by before the super duper aud has another nickel spent on it.
howie meeker

Utica, NY

#36 May 1, 2014
See u in October
Halfmoons and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#38 May 1, 2014
comet doughboy wrote:
<quoted text> well them flames have all but committed to glens falls according to several news sources. The flames are stating that the main reason that they left abbotsford was the enormous amount of travel and lost practice times. The flames have decided to put player development ahead of what they were raping the city of abbotsford for. Vancouver has already committed to two more seasons in utica, so both cities are all set for now!!!!!
The flames didn't leave abbottsford. They were bought out. Get your facts straight.
Halfmoons and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#39 May 1, 2014
aqulini riggies wrote:
<quoted text>. It is?? What realtor is it listed with???? Caldwell banker??? Maybe century 21??? Better homes and gardens??? Oh I know, abbotsford is trying to save money, they probably using that assist to sell where they do it them selves!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha hah,.........
Public buildings like that aren't going to be listed with a real estate agent. Come on man.
No way

Syracuse, NY

#41 May 1, 2014
No one will waste the time putting a team on the Pacific coast. The traveling expenses are too high and there are absolutely no arenas in the area that host AHL games.

The Comets are staying here and hopefully they will bring back the Empire Division so us New York hockey fans can get these local rivalries a little hotter.

Go Comets! Forget the Cuse haters. Just jelly that we're gonna be stomping them for years to come.
Signs Prisons and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#42 May 1, 2014
comet doughboy wrote:
<quoted text>. Your knit picking now..... The flames left because it decided to leave. Or don't you remember that any changes to the contract had to be mutually agreed upon. The only left after they got what they wanted, which was millions.......the flames could have stayed and forced abbotsford to fulfill the legal and binding contract. They decided player development for calgary was more important than $$$$$. Which is also the reason why the canucks will stay with utica. The nhl is a development league, its about giving your players the best chance to succeed.not about a wacko owner making money.....
It's not knit picking. It's the facts. And it's ALWAYS about the owners making money. ALWAYS.
Signs Prisons and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#43 May 1, 2014
No way wrote:
No one will waste the time putting a team on the Pacific coast. The traveling expenses are too high and there are absolutely no arenas in the area that host AHL games.
The Comets are staying here and hopefully they will bring back the Empire Division so us New York hockey fans can get these local rivalries a little hotter.
Go Comets! Forget the Cuse haters. Just jelly that we're gonna be stomping them for years to come.
No one? Are you sure about that?

http://wrongsideoftheredline.com/2014/04/20/a...

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2014/04/21/calif...

http://mayorsmanor.com/2014/04/major-news-kin...

Should I keep going? And to think vancouver is going to be left out, or opt out, being easily the most popular team on the west coast is highly naive.
Comets 2014-15

Allston, MA

#44 May 1, 2014
So come June and even you have to admit that the Comets will be back next season as the farm team for Vancouver will you go away or are you just going to change your story that 2014-15 will be the last season for the Comets?

You won't need to wait until June anyway because the AHL board of governors meets this Monday to approve and location changes. This must be declared at the May AHL meeting. Last year Vancouver was given a one month extension because they announced they were leaving Chicago and hadn't signed a new contract anywhere else yet. If a team is moving this year they need to announce it and have the AHL approve it on Monday.

BTW the Comets are looking for summer interns so that really sounds like a team that is closing shop in a week. Maybe you should apply. They are non paid internships but it give you something more productive to do instead of sitting on Topix all day.
http://theahl.m.teamworkonline.com/Jobdetail....
Always Behind Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#45 May 1, 2014
Comets 2014-15 wrote:
So come June and even you have to admit that the Comets will be back next season as the farm team for Vancouver will you go away or are you just going to change your story that 2014-15 will be the last season for the Comets?
You won't need to wait until June anyway because the AHL board of governors meets this Monday to approve and location changes. This must be declared at the May AHL meeting. Last year Vancouver was given a one month extension because they announced they were leaving Chicago and hadn't signed a new contract anywhere else yet. If a team is moving this year they need to announce it and have the AHL approve it on Monday.
BTW the Comets are looking for summer interns so that really sounds like a team that is closing shop in a week. Maybe you should apply. They are non paid internships but it give you something more productive to do instead of sitting on Topix all day.
http://theahl.m.teamworkonline.com/Jobdetail....
Oh so you mean extensions could be granted? Like last year? Are you really this slow?
Comets 2014-15

Allston, MA

#46 May 1, 2014
Always Behind Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you mean extensions could be granted? Like last year? Are you really this slow?
So will you go away after June?
aqulini riggies

Utica, NY

#47 May 1, 2014
Signs Prisons and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
No one? Are you sure about that?
http://wrongsideoftheredline.com/2014/04/20/a...
http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2014/04/21/calif...
http://mayorsmanor.com/2014/04/major-news-kin...
Should I keep going? And to think vancouver is going to be left out, or opt out, being easily the most popular team on the west coast is highly naive.
already seen all of those reports. they all say the same thing, the canucks are staying in utica for a couple years..... what dont you understand??? it may happen. it may not..... worry about it when it happens....... ive said all along, no one is going to put a team on the west coast without a couple other cities......
Signs Prisons and Riggi

Cleveland, NY

#48 May 1, 2014
Are any of the players around 17 and gay ?

I am so lonely.
comets doughboy

Hartford, CT

#49 May 1, 2014
lets see...... abbotsford vrs central ny state for a ahl team. reports say glens falls spent a total of 17 nights in hotels last season. most ny teams would be about the same. abbotsford spent 80 nights in hotels, plus they need to fly almost everywhere, and they have to pay the opponents travel into and back from abbotsford. and you for some reason think the canucks are going to put a team in abbotsford???? wow!!! you are out there.........
Cess Pool Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#50 May 1, 2014
aqulini riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
already seen all of those reports. they all say the same thing, the canucks are staying in utica for a couple years..... what dont you understand??? it may happen. it may not..... worry about it when it happens....... ive said all along, no one is going to put a team on the west coast without a couple other cities......
Umm...well someone already has. That's beside the point though.

The Canucks want their team closer to home as apparently up to 7 other west coast NHL teams. Aquillini want his team in his backyard. Aqulini wants to own the sports complex in abbottsford. The pacific division will be created next season. Abbottsford just spent over 5 million dollars to oust the flames. You do the math.
Cess Pool Riggies

Cleveland, NY

#51 May 1, 2014
Please don't forget if anyone can find out if any of the players are gay males younger then 18.

I like hockey players because they can have teeth missing and with this rash on my face and a IQ of 8, no job, no life, I need a young man who is scary looking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
o.j. simpson parole hearing 4 min t POLITIX 1
Drug Dealer found in UTICA 13 min where da pot at 3
A murder and years later no answers 23 min I know the killer 4
Swampdrivers Band (Aug '16) 24 min Notes 63
Dr. Talarico Married to LaBella's Cousin (Jun '09) 36 min Newsy 88
mb,np 41 min Hamilton 14
MEOLA vs. Marino 45 min Vince McMahon 8
Claudia Bad Mouthing 1 hr Stag 31
Police Cover-up in New Hartford 2 hr Sir Osis 46
Wegmans Coming To Whitesboro 6 hr TheSlobSeemann 139