Utica National Insurance Won't pay m...
fromutica

Cortland, NY

#23 Jan 9, 2010
utica national is a great place to work for...and they are all about their customers!
lover girl

Utica, NY

#24 Jan 9, 2010
Burned Up wrote:
OK Thanks, Frank for humoring me. Would you like to CLARIFY your respnse? You don't know me from Jack. For those who can remember the State Farm fiasco in New Orleans, when they walked away from thousands of claims from a class action suit...the concept here is what is known in the industry as "slow walking", where the insurance company drags everthing out until they can walk on a technicality, meaning a statute. So, no I am not a liar, and it, too, can happen to you, Frank. So as I said, Utica National did just that. You may want to be very careful which company you choose to insure with. I am sure there are others whom Utica National has pulled this on, as I personally know of others. You are only lying to yourself if you think I am bullshi.... on this one.
I might have to agree with Frank on this one, you are being very vague..."walk on a technicality, meaning a statute"? You were either covered or you werent. also if they denied your claim and you had a legitimate bitch you should have gone to the NYS Department of Insurance and the Attorney General. There are laws against what you termed Slow Walking, claims have to be paid within a certain time limit. Your a liar plain and simple.
People person

Utica, NY

#25 Jan 9, 2010
MoveOn wrote:
Yeah and that P.A will want 12%
usually 10% and worth every dime. Especially a claim this size. You will forget to claim more than 10% worth of stuff when you file a claim on your own. "They pay for themselves.
People person

Utica, NY

#26 Jan 9, 2010
MyOp wrote:
Insurance companies as a whole are just that.A hole,a money pit from which you will never see a return.
Here is one for all you armchair lawyers. I am a passenger in a car,70 miles from home,stopped at a redlight,when BLAM! from behind the lady hits us.Long story,jury selection,etc...5 days of trial.End result? I must have gotten the injury someplace else.My only mistakes were;1)waited to get home and see my doctor (preexisting condition don't want ER butchers touching me) 2)didn't fall out the door to the pavement and wet my pants 3) tried to be as truthful as possible. I can't wait to enjoy all the fodder.
You had a pre-existing condition and tried a scam and got caught. There are laws that protect the little people and if you were right they would have worked for you. Jury trial for a car accident, must have been some dollars you were looking to scam. Hope you enjoyed it you bullshitter,
Fbi co

Manlius, NY

#27 Jan 9, 2010
utica National get a lawer ,michael you work for the co. thank aboutit pay up
Greg n

Manlius, NY

#28 Jan 10, 2010
I noticed several people asked the original poster (complainer) specifically what was denied and why and he never said the reason. Rizzo called him out. Well done.
Correct Greg n

Fayetteville, NY

#29 Jan 10, 2010
People are given a reason in writing why the claim was denied.

Pathetic that people post they where deceived but do not post what was written on the denial.

Either they are hiding something or where dropped on their head to many times.

Dear: Burned up,
Which are you??????????

1- Idiot

2- Hiding something
burned up

Saint Johnsville, NY

#30 Jan 20, 2010
Well for the doubters who can't read a statement I will reiterate. Again Utica National stated that some of the costs on the personal property sheets were wrong even though I had to account for inflation as I had a rider for that, and some of the dates were wrong. The big thing noted was a statute of limitations, 2 years, that a lawsuit had to be commenced by. But they did not tell me until 2 and a half years their decision. All you doubters have to do is read my initial posts. So Greg n no one has called me out. Where am I? Trying to get what is rightfully mine! And will continue to do so...
burned up

Saint Johnsville, NY

#31 Jan 20, 2010
Just search "Unaccountable Utica National Insurance"
burned up

Poland, NY

#32 Aug 14, 2010
Unaccountable Utica National Insurance! Perhaps I should buy a billboard in Utica to expound on this.
Because they won't pay on this claim because of the above mentioned reasons, this family continues to replace the items lost out of pocket, even though I paid them even more premium for current cost on replacement. So out of pocket expenses have been bicycles, camping equipment, tools, freezer and food, chain saws, battery charger, generator, boating accessories, clothing, power tools, weed wackers, lumber, troy bilt tiller, cider press, fishing equipment, skate boards, basketballs, soccerballs, saw horses, batteries,
troublelights, lubricants, assorted teenage games
and recreational games, refrigerator, extension cords, vises, jacks and lifts, on and on...because THEY didn't agree on some of the prices for replacement, that all prices were taken from stores or catalogs for the replacement!!! AND of
course why worry Utica National won't pay after 2 years anyway even though they had all info before that. And they waited until much later to say "Sorry Sucker" "we've got your money from the past 12 years and we ain't paying". SO PLEASE DON'T USE THIS COMPANY, THIS IS MY WARNING TO ALL.
My other insurance companies for the motorcycle and boat paid up in a week. Why would that be?
Thanks for nothing, Utica National.
Long Time Utican

Rome, NY

#33 Aug 15, 2010
Read the wording on your Replacement Cost endorsement. I believe it will specifically state that there is a TWO YEAR time limitation to replace items that were stolen, lost, etc.

All you had to do was prove an item was destroyed and replace it and then send proof of purchase that it was replaced and Utica National would have reimbursed it for you.

Sorry, but I think you are trying to get MORE monies than you were entitled to. If you don't understand Insurance Law or the coverages, then you should have hired a Public Adjuster to handle your claim for you.
Unless you are well educated in how insurance works and what is covered and what is NOT covered, then that is when hiring a Public Adjuster is so important.
get a grip

Syracuse, NY

#34 Aug 15, 2010
In two years you never filed a complaint with the ins. company, with the state insurance dept. or got a lawyer? Pretty easy to bad mouth "the company" when it sounds like you screwed up your own claim. Ins. cos. including Utica handle simple property claims everyday, all they ask you to do is document your loss. Everybody else can do it.
burned up

Poland, NY

#35 Aug 15, 2010
There is a two year statute for suing them in their contract. However, they did not conclude
the claim until well after this statute ran. Yes I did have a lawyer, but no action was taken due to the company not concluding the claim...my lawyer let it pass. In no way whatsoever did I "screw up" the claim. In fact, I went to great lengths to be sure of accuracy.. Of course I filed complaints and went to the NYS Insurance Department...They needed to have Utica National settle first. Also anyone of intelligence who can read the contract knows what is and what is not covered, this is why I had additional insurance!
Absolutely not as to trying to get more money than we were entitled for...and Utica National hasn't paid on any as yet of the hundreds of documented items. They got photos, receipts, cancelled checks, even manuals and of course after the fact inspections of the property from their adjuster.
No I did everything lawfully, Utica National never, ever came to the property or phoned me with any questions whatsoever. They never had an attorney come to my residence. They simply got everything that they asked for on time, any problems should have brought a phone call from them. Have you ever dealt with this company? If not, then you have no experience whatsoever.
burned up

Poland, NY

#36 Aug 15, 2010
Unaccountable Utica National...From experience I want everyone to know...DO NOT USE UTICA NATIONAL INSURANCE! There are good companies that want to stand behind you...NOT THIS ONE.
Long Time Utican

Rome, NY

#38 Aug 16, 2010
burned up wrote:
Well for the doubters who can't read a statement I will reiterate. Again Utica National stated that some of the costs on the personal property sheets were wrong even though I had to account for inflation as I had a rider for that, and some of the dates were wrong. The big thing noted was a statute of limitations, 2 years, that a lawsuit had to be commenced by. But they did not tell me until 2 and a half years their decision. All you doubters have to do is read my initial posts. So Greg n no one has called me out. Where am I? Trying to get what is rightfully mine! And will continue to do so...
Write a letter of complaint to the NYS Commissioner of Insurance (in Albany-look in phone book for address or via their website)with all the dates, copy of final declination letter from Utica Mutual and other documentation as needed to back up your complaint.
burned up

Gloversville, NY

#39 Aug 16, 2010
Thank you for the advice long time Utican, it is appreciated.
burned up

Gloversville, NY

#40 Aug 16, 2010
Also, even before Utica National declined I had replaced items and sent in receipts but no payments. National did not pay on the building, ever after I had negotiated a better payoff (building cost $81,000 to replace, they wanted to pay $14,700. National did not pay on the cleanup either, which is included in the contract. And remember, these have nothing to do with their declination issue.
Long Time Utican

Rome, NY

#41 Aug 16, 2010
burned up wrote:
Also, even before Utica National declined I had replaced items and sent in receipts but no payments. National did not pay on the building, ever after I had negotiated a better payoff (building cost $81,000 to replace, they wanted to pay $14,700. National did not pay on the cleanup either, which is included in the contract. And remember, these have nothing to do with their declination issue.
When you write to the Ins. Comm., make sure you provide your Policy # and the contract coverage was written under (i.e. HO-1, HO-2, and HO-3) which is listed on the bottom pages of your policy. On the Declaration page, it will also list the type of contract coverage is provided under AND will list ALL the endorsements attached to the policy. Make sure all this information is listed in your letter.

A copy of your letter and ALL the documentation will be sent to Utica National with a time limit that they need to respond with their answer and explanation of why they did not act in a timely manner, why items under your claim were not covered, etc.

Then, after receiving Utica National's reply, the Ins. Commissioner will have the final say as to if Utica National acted accordingly -or- did not handle the claim correctly. If it is the later, then Utica National will be order to correct what they did wrong.

Hope this helps.
P.S. I was an Insurance Underwriter for 23 years!!!!
barb

Rome, NY

#42 Aug 16, 2010
In other words, she was a secretary.
Long Time Utican

Rome, NY

#43 Aug 16, 2010
barb wrote:
In other words, she was a secretary.
Do you even know what an Underwriter position is? It pays triple of what a "secretary" is paid!

Just another retarded remark by someone who has no concept of what the working world is all about.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kids Oneida 5 min Mike 4
I just pooped 7 min Me4You 2
Father Orzell Leaving St Peters (May '14) 12 min Ex-parishoner 26
Utica's Top ten unsolved mysteries (Mar '08) 37 min Danceing cherry 731
Places for tomato pie? 44 min Danceing cherry 136
gordons taproom shut down finally 1 hr Duh 5
Comets cecelie and rob 1 hr circus ride 26
Women getting divirced 1 hr Weknow 32
Scott Hayes 2 hr katie fan two 20
The U P D cover-up 2 hr More douc 113