Utica National Insurance Won't pay my CLAIM.

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Burned Up

United States

#1 Apr 18, 2009
After reading all about the management of Utica National on this blog, and how arrogant they are,
I can see how my Insurance Claim got blown off by this "Insurance That Starts With You" company. After paying premiums to this "Company" for years,
on time each and every month, and having no claims
for years, then had a fire and claim. We did everthing this company wanted, we answered each and every question, did all the requirements and they walked away on a several 100 thousand dollar
claim on a technicality they had written in the contract and erroneous allegations. Also, the other fine insurers accountable of our vehicles involved had no trouble paying their claims up front and FAST. This company not only has internal problems, according to the employees,
but also problems being accountable to their clients. And posted on their website are from
the CEO's mouth "Very low sales to capital leverage ratio of .79 to 1, meaning there is plenty of capital to sustain us going forward".
They certainly did not SUSTAIN US. Burned Up.
Frank RIzzo

Syracuse, NY

#2 Apr 19, 2009
Perhaps you can state the REASON they denied your claim? They can't just deny a claim. That is an unfair settlement practice and fineable. Again, what was the reason?
georgio from the block

New York, NY

#3 Apr 19, 2009
hey rizzo, whats your address? i got a package for ya...
Burned Up

United States

#5 Apr 19, 2009
Well actually a fire report is given and the report confirmed an electrical short...the other companies would not have paid on an arson...Utica National got around the payment by a statute in their contract, along with erroneous allegations.
Funny

Englewood, CO

#6 Apr 19, 2009
Sonny wrote:
Maybe the gas-can and lighter they found at the scene, and the fact that you're having money problems made them a little suspicious.
Who isn't having money problems these days?
Frank RIzzo

Syracuse, NY

#8 Apr 19, 2009
Burned Up wrote:
Well actually a fire report is given and the report confirmed an electrical short...the other companies would not have paid on an arson...Utica National got around the payment by a statute in their contract, along with erroneous allegations.
You are completely FOS...liar...
georgio from the block

New York, NY

#9 Apr 19, 2009
Hey Frank, what's you address?
Loss Prevention

AOL

#10 Apr 19, 2009
all problems should be addressed to Michael C. Austin
wipe it please

New York, NY

#11 Apr 19, 2009
does he still pick up women on the internet on his "spare time"?
lonely 2 long

AOL

#12 Apr 19, 2009
I wish it was meeeeeee
Burned Up

United States

#13 Apr 19, 2009
OK Thanks, Frank for humoring me. Would you like to CLARIFY your respnse? You don't know me from Jack. For those who can remember the State Farm fiasco in New Orleans, when they walked away from thousands of claims from a class action suit...the concept here is what is known in the industry as "slow walking", where the insurance company drags everthing out until they can walk on a technicality, meaning a statute. So, no I am not a liar, and it, too, can happen to you, Frank. So as I said, Utica National did just that. You may want to be very careful which company you choose to insure with. I am sure there are others whom Utica National has pulled this on, as I personally know of others. You are only lying to yourself if you think I am bullshi.... on this one.
Michael Austin

Syracuse, NY

#14 May 8, 2009
We certainly regret when someone has a unsatisfactory claims experience, particularly given that our current claims survey gives us a 98 percent customer satisfaction rating. But claims can be complex things and disagreements on policy terms, settlements or property values can arise. If anyone is dissatisfied they have the right to contact the Insurance Department and file a complaint. In New York they can be reached at http://www.ins.state.ny.us/complhow.htm
withyou

United States

#15 May 8, 2009
Burned Up wrote:
OK Thanks, Frank for humoring me. Would you like to CLARIFY your respnse? You don't know me from Jack. For those who can remember the State Farm fiasco in New Orleans, when they walked away from thousands of claims from a class action suit...the concept here is what is known in the industry as "slow walking", where the insurance company drags everthing out until they can walk on a technicality, meaning a statute. So, no I am not a liar, and it, too, can happen to you, Frank. So as I said, Utica National did just that. You may want to be very careful which company you choose to insure with. I am sure there are others whom Utica National has pulled this on, as I personally know of others. You are only lying to yourself if you think I am bullshi.... on this one.
I hope you get the insurance company in the end.
jack

Constableville, NY

#16 May 8, 2009
you can also hire a public adjuster who will work on your behalf and negotiate for you.
MoveOn

Camillus, NY

#17 May 8, 2009
Yeah and that P.A will want 12%
Public Adjuster

Rome, NY

#18 May 9, 2009
88% of something is better than 100% of nothing
been screwed

Ithaca, NY

#19 May 9, 2009
Utica National likes to drag out claims as long as they possibly can. They play games constantly and become penny wise and pound foolish.

At one time they were rated one of the worst companies to get a payment from. I believe that they were rated 17 of 100.

Check before insuring with them.
The Ghost

United States

#20 May 9, 2009
Burned Up wrote:
After reading all about the management of Utica National on this blog, and how arrogant they are,
I can see how my Insurance Claim got blown off by this "Insurance That Starts With You" company. After paying premiums to this "Company" for years,
on time each and every month, and having no claims
for years, then had a fire and claim. We did everthing this company wanted, we answered each and every question, did all the requirements and they walked away on a several 100 thousand dollar
claim on a technicality they had written in the contract and erroneous allegations. Also, the other fine insurers accountable of our vehicles involved had no trouble paying their claims up front and FAST. This company not only has internal problems, according to the employees,
but also problems being accountable to their clients. And posted on their website are from
the CEO's mouth "Very low sales to capital leverage ratio of .79 to 1, meaning there is plenty of capital to sustain us going forward".
They certainly did not SUSTAIN US. Burned Up.
It is time to get a lawyer. The same thing happened to my friend's sister. Her house burnt down at the end of Main Street in Whitesboro. The insurance company didn't want to pay anything. After a year and a half the insurance company had to pay for the total repair of the house, loss of contents and plus some.

Good luck and stay strong!
Michael Austin

Syracuse, NY

#21 May 11, 2009
been screwed wrote:
Utica National likes to drag out claims as long as they possibly can. They play games constantly and become penny wise and pound foolish.
At one time they were rated one of the worst companies to get a payment from. I believe that they were rated 17 of 100.
Check before insuring with them.
That is just nonsense. Our goal is to find the coverage in the policy and settle the claim quickly. You don't get a 98% saisfaction rating by jerking people around who have legitmate and documented claims. Utica National was rated among the top ten best in consumer complaints by the NYS Insurance Department last year. Would love to see this mythical study you refer to.
Michael Austin
Utica National Insurance Group
michael.austin@uticanational.c om
MyOp

Syracuse, NY

#22 May 13, 2009
Insurance companies as a whole are just that.A hole,a money pit from which you will never see a return.

Here is one for all you armchair lawyers. I am a passenger in a car,70 miles from home,stopped at a redlight,when BLAM! from behind the lady hits us.Long story,jury selection,etc...5 days of trial.End result? I must have gotten the injury someplace else.My only mistakes were;1)waited to get home and see my doctor (preexisting condition don't want ER butchers touching me) 2)didn't fall out the door to the pavement and wet my pants 3) tried to be as truthful as possible.

I can't wait to enjoy all the fodder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ucsd employee arrested during school hours 8 min fyi 4
Pulse magazine out of business- cheating busine... 9 min Pulser 21
Utica teachers to Kids: Drop Dead 13 min fyi 12
Rat Picente endorses Cuomo in TV ads 1 hr Truth 44
utica national (Jun '13) 1 hr Brillant 646
Utica Comets win home opener !!! 1 hr pucky 7
How to defeat the police licence plate readers: (Jul '10) 1 hr real nice 171
Proctor football should be ashamed. 4 hr Given up 28
David Inserra 4 hr Dreezy 28
Big drug bust new hartford 25,000 cash money 6 hr Drugs are all ove... 18