Comments
21 - 40 of 67 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2013
lake racer

Danielson, CT

#22 Jan 20, 2013
Just got done riding the lakes and had to laugh at such a stupid thread. I own 2 machines and will tell you there's nothing status like about them when we're in the midst of a January thaw or it's 90 degrees out and my nuts are sweating. But on a night like tonight there is nothing like screaming across a frozen pond. The adrenaline rush is out of this world. It's not meant for everyone, but the fun is priceless. Sometimes things don't always make good financial sense but its well worth it. Don't knock it til ya try it. If you can't afford one, there plenty of good used ones out there. Don't wait!
they are all numnuts

Rome, NY

#23 Jan 20, 2013
Snowdrifters wrote:
<quoted text> and just exactly where are you riding those atvs 12 months of the year? Round and round your acreage and going no place? Or tearing up some farmers field like a bunch of arseholes on the Ilion trail system thereby ruining it for everybody? It would be great to have an ATV trail system in the utica area but unfortunately SOME people wouldn't follow the rules of that either.
i ride on private property acres and acres of it ALL with permission, and i dont leave behind spark plugs,beer cans,oil cans and broken belts, and why are you worried about upstate ny your way the heck in ct., and good luck getting your little peckers in an uproar with tonights weather forecast,its the same as your wifes forecast expecting 3 inches coming in quick and it will be done before you know it!!!!!!!
Snowdrifters

Springfield, MA

#24 Jan 20, 2013
they are all numnuts wrote:
<quoted text>
i ride on private property acres and acres of it ALL with permission, and i dont leave behind spark plugs,beer cans,oil cans and broken belts, and why are you worried about upstate ny your way the heck in ct., and good luck getting your little peckers in an uproar with tonights weather forecast,its the same as your wifes forecast expecting 3 inches coming in quick and it will be done before you know it!!!!!!!
I'm worried bc I live here dopey. I don't leave any of items u mentioned bc "I get it" probably bc I was on the BOD of a Club at one time. The trail closure near the "yellow bus" on the Ilion Snowdrifters trail system is a killer this season. Not even worth going that way this year. The trail got closed bc of arseholes on ATVs who figured they had "permission" as well. Oh yea, the 3" I promised my wife turned in to 8 tonight.
they are all numnuts

Rome, NY

#25 Jan 20, 2013
Snowdrifters wrote:
<quoted text> Oh yea, the 3" I promised my wife turned in to 8 tonight.
congrats on your new purchase of a dildo make sure its black those are the only ones she likes!, and you better keep it close even with this snow tonight it looks like that will be the only thing your riding this winter!.....i would take your sport more serious if 90% of you didnt just ride bar to bar to bar and actually went out trail riding(without drinking), why are the meetings always at an establishment that serves acohol?, you guys better watch out drinking and driving now because you little fags are now considered motorized vehicles! the state finally woke up and opened their eyes, oh and another thing there is far more people that own and ride ATVs than sleds yet sleds have FAR more deaths with a season thats 80% shorter, its a statistical fact, it couldnt be the booze could it?...no not at all
kelgaard

Utica, NY

#26 Jan 21, 2013
Fun wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fun and if it's what some people enjoy, why are you coming on this site making negative comments? Is your life so boring or bad that you just picked today to target snowmobilers? Go do whatever it is you like and let everyone else do what they like. Wow.
That's your typical Utican. Feeding on negativity to make their own empty lives seem not so bad. Ignore them and they will eventually die off.
RoundUp

Utica, NY

#27 Jan 21, 2013
kelgaard wrote:
<quoted text>That's your typical Utican. Feeding on negativity to make their own empty lives seem not so bad. Ignore them and they will eventually die off.
We can hope.
lake racer

Gloversville, NY

#28 Jan 21, 2013
Of the 500 + sleds that were sold at a local dealer here in Old Forge,NY (snowmobile capital of the northeast), 99% were sold to downstate and New Jersey buyers. Seems they are the ones keeping your Upstate NY economy going. Snowmobiling had a 800+ million dollar impact on the Upstate economy. Some of you obviously have no clue what you're saying or missing out on. Be thankful the snowmobilers are spending money. If you can't afford one, then get a better job. It wouldn't surprise me that some idiot would start such a stupid thread. One word: jealousy!

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#29 Jan 21, 2013
Snowmobiling is a blast! While ATVs are fun, one could never do this on one. That "pond" is a few feet deep.

(Please note that this is my sled and I only had about three miles on it so I was babying it. The bolt the aftermarket handguard fell out.)

Level 5

Location hidden

#30 Jan 21, 2013
The link to the video would help...LOL!

Level 5

Location hidden

#31 Jan 21, 2013
I truly love this sport. Here is another video of me snirtmobiling.

Bruce

Utica, NY

#32 Jan 21, 2013
lake racer wrote:
Just got done riding the lakes and had to laugh at such a stupid thread. I own 2 machines and will tell you there's nothing status like about them when we're in the midst of a January thaw or it's 90 degrees out and my nuts are sweating. But on a night like tonight there is nothing like screaming across a frozen pond. The adrenaline rush is out of this world. It's not meant for everyone, but the fun is priceless. Sometimes things don't always make good financial sense but its well worth it. Don't knock it til ya try it. If you can't afford one, there plenty of good used ones out there. Don't wait!
Stick to the trails. At night and after a few drinks, you have no way of knowing just how safe that lake really is!
Larry

Clinton, NY

#33 Jan 21, 2013
lake racer wrote:
Of the 500 + sleds that were sold at a local dealer here in Old Forge,NY (snowmobile capital of the northeast), 99% were sold to downstate and New Jersey buyers. Seems they are the ones keeping your Upstate NY economy going. Snowmobiling had a 800+ million dollar impact on the Upstate economy. Some of you obviously have no clue what you're saying or missing out on. Be thankful the snowmobilers are spending money. If you can't afford one, then get a better job. It wouldn't surprise me that some idiot would start such a stupid thread. One word: jealousy!
500 plus sleds sold by one dealer. I hope thats true for his sake but to honest with you bullshit.
action jack

Utica, NY

#34 Jan 21, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>500 plus sleds sold by one dealer. I hope thats true for his sake but to honest with you bullshit.
You'd be quite surprised how the out of towners drop some big coin up this way!

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#35 Jan 21, 2013
action jack wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be quite surprised how the out of towners drop some big coin up this way!
Isn't the County promoting tourism? Out of towners = tourism...
action jack

Utica, NY

#36 Jan 21, 2013
KY WELLER wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't the County promoting tourism? Out of towners = tourism...
I wasn't talking about the county. But to your point they are doing a great job so far. I was referring to the gent who is disputing sled sales volume. He obviously isn't too well versed

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#37 Jan 21, 2013
action jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about the county. But to your point they are doing a great job so far. I was referring to the gent who is disputing sled sales volume. He obviously isn't too well versed
I know you weren't,but I just thought I would mention that. It seems some were inferring that the out of towners were a bad thing.
Larry

Clinton, NY

#38 Jan 21, 2013
action jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very well versed. Now I will tell you for sure no single dealer in Old Forge is selling 500 sleds a year.
action jack

Utica, NY

#39 Jan 21, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>I'm very well versed. Now I will tell you for sure no single dealer in Old Forge is selling 500 sleds a year.
How do you know? Heard over 4000 permits were issued at 80 bucks a piece.

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Level 8

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#40 Jan 21, 2013
Does this mean that the scars from running into trees and rocks show their toughness ?
Miquel

Oneida, NY

#41 Jan 21, 2013
"You are just jealous you can't afford to buy that sled and trailer. Depressing when the closest you get is watching them go buy you on the Arterial while looking out you one room welfare apartment above Spilka's ."
Don't know you or the other guy. I am pissed I bust my ass to support you and your little kiddies to "buy" your little toys and trailer. Did you pay for them with cash? Probably not, being in debt is the same as being on welfare by the way. Considering the debt to income in this nation...let alone in this Liberal POS NYS is staggering, it makes me sick when sometimes the people who have such little sometimes speak in such volumes. I'll bet the farm in two years after Obamacare shuts down 35% of the state you won't be so inclined to point out your "haves" Also...there IS such a thing as English grammar...look that up.
If your so smart you would GTFO of NYS and stop being such a wannabe gloat.
If anybody on this site actually gave a sh** they would be asking for their gun rights and snowmobile tracks back...just sayin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fort schuyler club??? (Jun '13) 5 min worker rights 22
Where are all the single middle-aged men? (May '12) 7 min Modern Man 80
Utica Comet's schedule just out ! 9 min Justaskin 49
utica national (Jun '13) 20 min CEO 523
wktv 44 min Mr Poopy Drawers 2
tony stewart returns to racing circuit 45 min Mr Poopy Drawers 2
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 1,866
utica aud 2 hr Cliffys Pal 130
How is Scott Alger connected to Kim Simon's mur... (Jan '14) 11 hr GRAD -0 52
•••