Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Feb 22, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Breaking news

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 15, 2014
Bye bye gun makers. Work is that a new Wal-Mart Super Duper Center and a Dinosaur Bar-b- Que going in the old Remington building.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
blue prints failure

New York, NY

#2 Feb 15, 2014
Work is that a new walmart.

Good thing we know you work there with your English.

Go CRETIN.
The way it is

Utica, NY

#4 Feb 15, 2014
The plant is not closing, the company is expanding. I love the way you people come on here and make up stories that are not true.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jumper

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 15, 2014
Those good old boys in Alabamy will work for $2.00 an hour and all the ammo they can stuff in their pockets.
Tom

New Hartford, NY

#7 Feb 15, 2014
Mon. Feb. 17 Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley is having a press conference announcing the Remington Arms move.
Walter Kovacs

Frankfort, NY

#12 Feb 15, 2014
If true, it will certainly have an effect on Remington here. Adding 2000 jobs in another state at some point has to. Gun sales have dropped significantly since the frenzy a year ago. Certain model lines are only operating at low levels in Ilion now. There is no need for a new plant somewhere else and the current onehere when sales have cooled off that much. The end is nigh!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hoffa

Utica, NY

#13 Feb 16, 2014
another manufacturer expanding to a 'right to work' state where they don't have to worry about unions.
Nick

Utica, NY

#14 Feb 16, 2014
Union official blames Remington Arms expansion in Alabama on NY Safe Act
Terminator

Utica, NY

#15 Feb 16, 2014
Hasta La Vista, Baby
time line

Utica, NY

#17 Feb 16, 2014
It's just a matter of time when Ilion plant will close. Thank your elected officials and their bs
Uncle Ted

Schenectady, NY

#18 Feb 16, 2014
guns wrote:
All gun manufacturers are murderers. They should all closed down.......
Yet, according to statistics provided by the CDC and the FBI, in 2011 there were over 11,000 deaths caused by firearms, including gang violence, suicides, citizens defending themselves, and individuals engaged in criminal behavior who were shot by police, compared to over 34,000 deaths resulting from motor vehicle crashes of all types, though I am sure gang violence, suicides, self-defense and law enforcement scenarios comprised a very small portion of those 34,000 + deaths.
I wonder why I don't hear anyone calling for the closure of all the automotive plants around the country. Mysterious!
well

New Hartford, NY

#19 Feb 16, 2014
The way it is wrote:
The plant is not closing, the company is expanding. I love the way you people come on here and make up stories that are not true.
Obviously they have nothing better to do. Not too pathetic.
Walter Kovacs

Ashburn, VA

#20 Feb 16, 2014
The way it is wrote:
Pretty sad that you believe that when they don't have enough work for the people in Ilion they currently employ. Some choose to be blind, but it matters not. The end is still nigh.
guns

Holland Patent, NY

#21 Feb 16, 2014
Uncle Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, according to statistics provided by the CDC and the FBI, in 2011 there were over 11,000 deaths caused by firearms, including gang violence, suicides, citizens defending themselves, and individuals engaged in criminal behavior who were shot by police, compared to over 34,000 deaths resulting from motor vehicle crashes of all types, though I am sure gang violence, suicides, self-defense and law enforcement scenarios comprised a very small portion of those 34,000 + deaths.
I wonder why I don't hear anyone calling for the closure of all the automotive plants around the country. Mysterious!
i have never heard of any one being robbed at car point..... ive never heard of any one pointing a car at anyone and killing them. and ive never heard of anyone getting hurt in a gun accident. guns are for one reason, killing......
huntz hall

Tully, NY

#22 Feb 16, 2014
time line wrote:
It's just a matter of time when Ilion plant will close. Thank your elected officials and their bs
This post says it all. It's just a matter of time before Rem. quietly leaves NYS and its suffocating gun laws thanks to Andrew the Pious. It's a heluva lot cheaper doing business in Ala. than here. The energy prices alone are worth the move. I feel bad for the Ilion employees and all their families. Rem. will do the same thing CP did when they left Utica years ago. No press conference was called or anything. The workers were given about 90 days notice. Some were offered positions in S. Carolina. And that was that.
great news

Utica, NY

#23 Feb 16, 2014
good by little town

about time. Good luck selling your houses

ha-ha
King Andrew of Albany

Utica, NY

#24 Feb 16, 2014
This was all a part of My Brilliant Plan!

My State is Open for Business!

By the way, enjoy the enormous electricity rate increase next month. I mean why would anyone leave my fiefdom?

I have single single-handedly made Ilion a greater future nightmare hellhole than Utica, and I must say, that takes some doing!

I know I will get the dem nomination for 2016, I just know it!
Say Good Night llion

Utica, NY

#31 Feb 16, 2014
The way it is wrote:
Remington, which currently employs nearly 1,200 workers at its Arms Plant in Ilion, has not confirmed these plans yet, however, multiple published reports from the Huntsville region are reporting that an announcement is imminent.

According to those reports, the expansion, which would bring 2,000 new jobs to its new plant, may cause a slight reduction in its workforce here in Central New York.
Uncle Ted

Cobleskill, NY

#32 Feb 16, 2014
guns wrote:
<quoted text> i have never heard of any one being robbed at car point..... ive never heard of any one pointing a car at anyone and killing them. and ive never heard of anyone getting hurt in a gun accident. guns are for one reason, killing......
And vehicles are for driving, yet people still die as a result of their usage. Death is death, regardless of the method. If Adam Lanza had driven his mother's car through the playground and killed 20 kids, nobody would be calling for a Toyota Carolla ban, yet the kids would still be dead.
WAKE UP NY

Utica, NY

#34 Feb 16, 2014
Can you imagine the impact 2,000 new manufacturing jobs would have had on our local economy? Where were our local representatives on this?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dierks Bentley at the Aud 8 min Cliffys Pal 26
Why does the OD support Tenney? 24 min Randolph 7
utica aud 26 min Cliffys Pal 127
Why is rugby better than football? 28 min Dr Answer 2
Where are all the single middle-aged men? (May '12) 31 min mr goodwrench 73
Georgio's - great food and vino 33 min Dr Answer 91
Utica Comet's schedule just out ! 39 min Cant Wait For The... 40
How is Scott Alger connected to Kim Simon's mur... (Jan '14) 1 hr GRAD -0 52
Ten Most Dangerous Jobs In The United States. (Jun '12) 3 hr Lairdsville 24
utica national (Jun '13) 11 hr godawgsgo 521