Stewart's Shop on Culver Ave

Stewart's Shop on Culver Ave

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sewage on Culver Ave

Carthage, NY

#1 Apr 27, 2014
Stewart's Shop is disrespecting all residents & businesses in the Culver Ave/ Albany st area by propsing a shop on soroe & Allen side streets. What about Parkway Pizza, Rosarios's Pizza, Marr Logg & Subway businesses? Dosen't Palmieri & Stewart's respect these local businesses & residents' respect? Stewart's & Mayor Palmieri should be respect Utica owned businesses & residential citizens, not the Stewart's lackeys in Saratoga, yo! Who is with me? Rally around the Uticans!!!
impeach the mayor

Waterville, NY

#2 Apr 28, 2014
I agree. They don't care about the citizens of this city. They should respect the wants of the citizens whose lives will be directly affected by this--those whose neighborhood will be affected by this. If any of those east Utica businesses think that Stewarts won't take business away from them, they are wrong. Our economy is bad and people will go where things like pizza, gas and subs are cheaper.

East Utica doesn't want Stewarts, West Utica wants Stewarts. It's a no brainer. Stewarts shouldn't call the shots--who does this administration represent???

We are paying the city representatives like the mayor, the planning and zoning boards & the common council's salaries, too! They should represent the people of this city. People won't forget come election time.

Can we impeach the mayor?
Umm Ok

United States

#4 Apr 28, 2014
impeach the mayor wrote:
I agree. They don't care about the citizens of this city. They should respect the wants of the citizens whose lives will be directly affected by this--those whose neighborhood will be affected by this. If any of those east Utica businesses think that Stewarts won't take business away from them, they are wrong. Our economy is bad and people will go where things like pizza, gas and subs are cheaper.
East Utica doesn't want Stewarts, West Utica wants Stewarts. It's a no brainer. Stewarts shouldn't call the shots--who does this administration represent???
We are paying the city representatives like the mayor, the planning and zoning boards & the common council's salaries, too! They should represent the people of this city. People won't forget come election time.
Can we impeach the mayor?
Well actually Stewarts does call the shots. It's a private business. They hold the cards. They can determine where they want to build a store and if that's not available they can walk away which in my opinion they should. Why get involved in this BS? It's not like Utica is or has the prospects for growth.
NoBull

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2014
Sewage on Culver Ave wrote:
Stewart's Shop is disrespecting all residents & businesses in the Culver Ave/ Albany st area by propsing a shop on soroe & Allen side streets. What about Parkway Pizza, Rosarios's Pizza, Marr Logg & Subway businesses? Dosen't Palmieri & Stewart's respect these local businesses & residents' respect? Stewart's & Mayor Palmieri should be respect Utica owned businesses & residential citizens, not the Stewart's lackeys in Saratoga, yo! Who is with me? Rally around the Uticans!!!
I want a Stewarts in Utica! Why should we care if they locate in East or West Utica? What should be important is that they come here, employ people and pay property taxes. Who does not want a Stewarts at the proposed location in East Utica? A few residents on Allen Street? Let them speak up at the Planning and Zoning Board meetings and have their concerns weighed against the concerns of the majority of residents and taxpayers of Utica. Residents of West Utica want a Stewarts? Let them help us to make the one in East Utica successful so the company wants to ADD a store there. The proposed location on Culver Ave is in danger of being empty and the taxes being unpaid. It is a great location for Stewarts. In an area of other businesses, an area with above average incomes, and right across from Proctor Park. Let's hear from others who want the Stewarts there!
NoBull

United States

#6 Apr 28, 2014
It is not anyone's responsibility to protect existing businesses in the area. It is the American way to allow other businesses a chance to thrive. It is called a free enterprise system that is guaranteed under a capitalist society! If you want to make sure that Dairy Dell and Marlogg and Fasttrack stay in business, by all means give them Your Money. No business should be allowed to keep other businesses from locating here>what's the problem with competition?
Thats because

United States

#7 Apr 28, 2014
NoBull wrote:
It is not anyone's responsibility to protect existing businesses in the area. It is the American way to allow other businesses a chance to thrive. It is called a free enterprise system that is guaranteed under a capitalist society! If you want to make sure that Dairy Dell and Marlogg and Fasttrack stay in business, by all means give them Your Money. No business should be allowed to keep other businesses from locating here>what's the problem with competition?
Because it's Utica where they have to cheat people, backstab people and start whispering campaigns against people to survive. This is just another one of the symptoms. The "Boilergasm crowd" gets deference over all others because they all slob eachother's cocks to survive. There is no point in opening anything in Utica the average income in Oneida County is only $761 a week. Why put up with that pack of corrupt crony parasiteAssholes for peanuts?
Au Contrere mon frere

United States

#8 Apr 28, 2014
Sewage on Culver Ave wrote:
Stewart's Shop is disrespecting all residents & businesses in the Culver Ave/ Albany st area by propsing a shop on soroe & Allen side streets. What about Parkway Pizza, Rosarios's Pizza, Marr Logg & Subway businesses? Dosen't Palmieri & Stewart's respect these local businesses & residents' respect? Stewart's & Mayor Palmieri should be respect Utica owned businesses & residential citizens, not the Stewart's lackeys in Saratoga, yo! Who is with me? Rally around the Uticans!!!
You are disrespecting America by stifling competition. Parkway Pizza competes with Rosarios. Subway competes with both of them. Marlogg has no competition. They have the best breakfast in the area, and they are the only restaurant of its kind there. Let Stewarts compete also. The market forces of supply and demand dictate prices and protect the consumer. WTF?
Truth

Utica, NY

#9 Apr 28, 2014
This isn't about respect or any kind of emotion. It's about business. If Stewart's believes it can profit from having a location on Culver Ave then it will pursue that option. There is no conspiracy. It's about the free market and making money.

If the businesses in that area now are "all that and a bag of chips" then they have nothing to worry about. People will still patronize those businesses. If on the other hand they don't offer a better product and better service than a Stewart's then it's probably time to take a look at the way they are doing business.
manino

Utica, NY

#10 Apr 28, 2014
We dont want a stewarts on culver it will bankrupt us please help us stay afloat
Umm Ok

United States

#11 Apr 28, 2014
So let's great this straight the self proclaimed "best Italian food and pizzerias" in Utica are threatened by convenience store food?
Yup

Lowville, NY

#12 Apr 28, 2014
Is there anybody left there that knows good Italian food?
ABC

Utica, NY

#13 Apr 28, 2014
NoBull wrote:
<quoted text>
I want a Stewarts in Utica! Why should we care if they locate in East or West Utica? What should be important is that they come here, employ people and pay property taxes. Who does not want a Stewarts at the proposed location in East Utica? A few residents on Allen Street? Let them speak up at the Planning and Zoning Board meetings and have their concerns weighed against the concerns of the majority of residents and taxpayers of Utica. Residents of West Utica want a Stewarts? Let them help us to make the one in East Utica successful so the company wants to ADD a store there. The proposed location on Culver Ave is in danger of being empty and the taxes being unpaid. It is a great location for Stewarts. In an area of other businesses, an area with above average incomes, and right across from Proctor Park. Let's hear from others who want the Stewarts there!
If I didn't know better I would have thought I wrote this. I agree with you 100% and maybe will see you at the next public meeting.
ABC

Utica, NY

#14 Apr 28, 2014
NoBull wrote:
It is not anyone's responsibility to protect existing businesses in the area. It is the American way to allow other businesses a chance to thrive. It is called a free enterprise system that is guaranteed under a capitalist society! If you want to make sure that Dairy Dell and Marlogg and Fasttrack stay in business, by all means give them Your Money. No business should be allowed to keep other businesses from locating here>what's the problem with competition?
Again I could not agree more.
Typical Utica

Gouverneur, NY

#16 Apr 28, 2014
So sad that a few businesses in the area have halted Stewarts from developing an eyesore on culver ave.
I'm sure there's enough money to go around with little league,soccer, the use of proctor park, the students from the schools, military personnel at the armory, and locals from the projects and neighborhood. Typical back door politics at its finest.
Protect East Utica

Carthage, NY

#17 Apr 28, 2014
If you people want a Stewart's next to your house, then God bless you. I feel bad for neighbors in East Utica who will have to live with Stewart's dumpsters 4 feet away from their homes. And also.... why bankrupt family owned places like Parkway Pizza & Marr Logg to support a convenicence store chain from Saratoga? They sell brerakfast foods, pizza, ice cream...all for cheap prices. They will certainly put these Utica, family owned places out of business. Shame on you for not supporting east utica folks!
Stew

Carthage, NY

#18 Apr 28, 2014
I think the Stewarts people should be goin where they is wanted in West Utica. We needs them here.
jack

Waterville, NY

#20 Apr 28, 2014
Put more dumpsters in east Utica because it is full of trash. East uticans keep voting all their goombas and it is about time you get the garbage you voted for.
afraid

Lowville, NY

#21 Apr 28, 2014
Are all these people afraid that
Stewarts will take some business from them? Competition is the key word. Lets see if you can compete. Business near businesses isn't a new concept. Get with it all you east ottica goombahs.... Stop all your complaining. I hope that Stewarts is going on Culver and Allen Street.
West End Speaks

Carthage, NY

#22 Apr 28, 2014
The best argument for not supporting the West end is competition? puleeze! We need and welcome Stewart's here in W Utica. Start paying more attention to us!
NoBull

United States

#23 Apr 28, 2014
West End Speaks wrote:
The best argument for not supporting the West end is competition? puleeze! We need and welcome Stewart's here in W Utica. Start paying more attention to us!
No the best argument is that Stewarts wants to spend $ and create jobs and bring in property tax revenue to Utica.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Are Dems Always Angry? 20 min MAGA 16
Who is Elizabeth olmstead 22 min Hotutican 1
Elaine Bonanza 28 min NOjoe 34
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 2 hr Trumps Army 300
Mike Ambrose 3 hr Boom 11
Send Them Back and Build That Wall 3 hr Boom 6
Piazza k9 services 4 hr Forrestforthetrees 86
Herb Philipson's being sold 8 hr Archie 103
So I Was In Lowes 9 hr A Taxpayer 74
WIBX is an absolute joke 10 hr Cover Pelosi 39
Yorville fire. Wktv. Wow!! 11 hr Zipline 43

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages