big riot in West Utica ?
wow

Cortland, NY

#41 Apr 8, 2013
Its going to be a long hot summer, lock an load.
t POLITIX

New York, NY

#42 Apr 8, 2013
There is no solution. Just Containment Breach.
t POLITIX

New York, NY

#43 Apr 8, 2013
Post like the on e below is why we need GUN CONTROL
wow wrote:
Its going to be a long hot summer, lock an load.
Assault Weapons -- The New York gun control laws provide that any semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and pistols with with a "military rifle" feature -- such as a flash suppressor, bayonet mount or telescoping stock -- are immediately banned. Guns that had been legal but now banned would be grandfathered in, but their owners must register the weapons with the state. Further, every assault weapon sale, whether sold through a private dealer or not, will be subject to a comprehensive background check, while Internet sales of assault weapons will be banned altogether.

Ammunition Magazines -- The legal limit for ammunition magazines is reduced from ten to seven bullets. Under the New York gun control laws, residents who own higher capacity magazines will have one-year to sell them out of state before they are in violation of the new law. They may also elect to retrofit the magazines to only hold seven rounds at the owner's expense.Those who refuse could face a misdemeanor for possession of high-capacity ammo clips.

The Mentially Ill -- There are also provisions to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. This change may arguably have the greatest impact on gun possession, as it permits closer monitoring of the mentally ill. For those with certain psychiatric histories who desire to purchase a firearm, the new law mandates psychiatric outpatient review for a year and requires an additional review before such treatment is allowed to expire.

Webster Provision -- The legislation also includes the so-called "Webster provision," mandating a life-without-parole sentence for anyone found to have killed a first responder. This provision references the Christmas Eve shooting in a Rochester, N.Y. where two firefighters were shot and killed.

The passage of the New York gun control laws sets a high benchmark for the national gun control debate. The legislatures in at least 10 other states are also considering new gun control regulations.
Freebie the Bean

Syracuse, NY

#44 Apr 8, 2013
The best way is to let this human debris shoot or stab each other to death....the less of this walking breathing trash around the better for Utica and all of society.

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Livonia, NY

#45 Apr 8, 2013
t POLITIX wrote:
Post like the on e below is why we need GUN CONTROL
<quoted text>
Assault Weapons -- The New York gun control laws provide that any semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and pistols with with a "military rifle" feature -- such as a flash suppressor, bayonet mount or telescoping stock -- are immediately banned. Guns that had been legal but now banned would be grandfathered in, but their owners must register the weapons with the state. Further, every assault weapon sale, whether sold through a private dealer or not, will be subject to a comprehensive background check, while Internet sales of assault weapons will be banned altogether.
Ammunition Magazines -- The legal limit for ammunition magazines is reduced from ten to seven bullets. Under the New York gun control laws, residents who own higher capacity magazines will have one-year to sell them out of state before they are in violation of the new law. They may also elect to retrofit the magazines to only hold seven rounds at the owner's expense.Those who refuse could face a misdemeanor for possession of high-capacity ammo clips.
The Mentially Ill -- There are also provisions to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. This change may arguably have the greatest impact on gun possession, as it permits closer monitoring of the mentally ill. For those with certain psychiatric histories who desire to purchase a firearm, the new law mandates psychiatric outpatient review for a year and requires an additional review before such treatment is allowed to expire.
Webster Provision -- The legislation also includes the so-called "Webster provision," mandating a life-without-parole sentence for anyone found to have killed a first responder. This provision references the Christmas Eve shooting in a Rochester, N.Y. where two firefighters were shot and killed.
The passage of the New York gun control laws sets a high benchmark for the national gun control debate. The legislatures in at least 10 other states are also considering new gun control regulations.
Thanks for showing everyone everything wrong with safe act and why Cuomo should be left to the wolves.
Solution

Little Falls, NY

#46 Apr 8, 2013
UPD should have tossed a few grenades into the middle of that mess..would have been 150 people safer in Utica.

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Livonia, NY

#47 Apr 8, 2013
Solution wrote:
UPD should have tossed a few grenades into the middle of that mess..would have been 150 people safer in Utica.
Blah blah bah
Dwight

New York, NY

#48 Apr 8, 2013
Within Reason wrote:
4 Howards and none of them are related.lol
(that they know of)(can't find a father named Howard)
He plays with Kobe on the Lakers.
Freebie the Bean

Syracuse, NY

#49 Apr 8, 2013
Solution wrote:
Excellent...Excellent!!!!LMFAO ...Maybe next time, UPD will! along hot summer ahead...many more opportunities.

Level 5

Since: Oct 09

Herkimer, NY

#50 Apr 8, 2013
I blame Abe Lincoln for all this!!!!!
Former res

United States

#52 Apr 8, 2013
Hanna effort to clean up the city was hindered by Arcuri. Remember Hanna zero tolerance sweeps. Well Arcuri jealous of the success went after Hanna and his administration. What do you have now? One big city dump!
Charles Bronson

Manlius, NY

#53 Apr 8, 2013
Somebody has to go down there and clean house !

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

Utica, NY

#54 Apr 8, 2013
What the hell does it have to do with them being black? They were dark skinned Americans living in a bad part of Utica, members of gangs. There are violent rival gangs all over the place in the world. There are Chinese gangs, white power gangs, mexican gangs... it's really offensive to and hurtful to very nice and compassionate and well-to-do god fearing black people to say shit like "let the blacks kill em all." i can't believe how racist most white people are in general. the reason i think white people are most racist is because they are the ones who blame everything on some imaginary "opposite" kind of person. like "OH WHITE PEOPLE ARE GOOD, I AM WHITE, SO EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD COMES FROM PEOPLE OF THE OTHER END OF THE COLOR SPECTRUM." it's fucking retarded. stop. you are making me ashamed of being a pink person.
not marksmen

Utica, NY

#55 Apr 8, 2013
You need to do some crime research. The majority of violent crimes are committed by the minority population. The prison system is full of great citizens. Bottom line is people are sick of heathens committing crime and not accepting responsibility for their actions. Look at the percentage of black on black crime. Very seldom do you have white on black crime with the white the aggressor. Most of the time, we have blacks who victimize the whites.
truth is known

Carthage, NY

#56 Apr 8, 2013
excuse me wrote:
its horrible that the same families or group of people are the ones starting the same trouble over and over..i say start calling your local council person in your district and complain about this and again call council person to complain to about the increased sex offender population. call again to complain about the roads etc...council seems to vote what they want to do with very little regard to my monies..lets see what they can offer on these any other issues...we the working people are at the end of the road with what to do and seeing our neighborhoods become not what they should be are looking to our elected officials for help and answers... these elected are the ones that came to us looking for our votes we are now turning to them looking for their HELP!!!!! if topix posters can ban together maybe we can turn things around...first we need phone numbers of all council....
ALL of the present Common Council Members should be voted out at the next Election - NONE of them have done a damn thing for the taxpapers; they are nothing but robots and do what the political bosses tell them to do. The only two that have the taxpapers best interests in mind are Zecca and Vassera (hope the spelling is correct).
Hoodrat

Fayetteville, NY

#57 Apr 8, 2013
not marksmen wrote:
You need to do some crime research. The majority of violent crimes are committed by the minority population. The prison system is full of great citizens. Bottom line is people are sick of heathens committing crime and not accepting responsibility for their actions. Look at the percentage of black on black crime. Very seldom do you have white on black crime with the white the aggressor. Most of the time, we have blacks who victimize the whites.
Spoken like a true sissy
truth is known

Carthage, NY

#58 Apr 8, 2013
Chris Riordan wrote:
What the hell does it have to do with them being black? They were dark skinned Americans living in a bad part of Utica, members of gangs. There are violent rival gangs all over the place in the world. There are Chinese gangs, white power gangs, mexican gangs... it's really offensive to and hurtful to very nice and compassionate and well-to-do god fearing black people to say shit like "let the blacks kill em all." i can't believe how racist most white people are in general. the reason i think white people are most racist is because they are the ones who blame everything on some imaginary "opposite" kind of person. like "OH WHITE PEOPLE ARE GOOD, I AM WHITE, SO EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD COMES FROM PEOPLE OF THE OTHER END OF THE COLOR SPECTRUM." it's fucking retarded. stop. you are making me ashamed of being a pink person.
Where have these "God fearing" black people been hiding!!!!!!!!

The only ones we see and hear about are the trashy druggies, welfare parasites, with babies thrown out on the streets with no supervision, and their pictures plastered all over FB for the crimes they have been arrested for.

Who wouldn't blame the blacks - they are totally responsible for all the decay and destruction of what use to be a nice City until they decided to move here to be close to their relatives locked up in our nearby prisons.

The blacks in Utica are lower than a snake's belly.
sick of it

Manlius, NY

#59 Apr 8, 2013
truth is known wrote:
<quoted text>Where have these "God fearing" black people been hiding!!!!!!!!
The only ones we see and hear about are the trashy druggies, welfare parasites, with babies thrown out on the streets with no supervision, and their pictures plastered all over FB for the crimes they have been arrested for.
Who wouldn't blame the blacks - they are totally responsible for all the decay and destruction of what use to be a nice City until they decided to move here to be close to their relatives locked up in our nearby prisons.
The blacks in Utica are lower than a snake's belly.
AMEN !
not marksmen

Utica, NY

#61 Apr 8, 2013
Hoodrat: nice moniker. I know, I know. Difficult word for you. Look it up. Too bad the bros don't fight fair. Always have their cousins, God brothers, daddies babies etc jumping in.. Once They stay getting their tail handed to them, they bring out the weapons. I am staying facts. I'll throw down old school or new. I bring up fact, you bring up nothing. Stop breaking the laws if you don't want scrutiny. I know. Another tough one. Just look at the whole incident. Folks can't fight one on one anymore.
redic

Utica, NY

#62 Apr 8, 2013
The whole thing is a mess. People want to sue the city for not having a cop speak Spanish to people who have been here over 10 years and now a riot breaks out involving a hundred people. No one had the common sense to try and diffuse the situation before it gets out of hand? Pedophiles living among us who are paid for by the state and taxpayers. Living free and clear with a roof over their head and food in their stomach? Do what they once did to Australia. England got rid of all their losers and shipped them off to an island. Sound good to anyone else?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Atkins dead? (Feb '09) 1 min Smh 15
WKTV (Same as it ever was) (Sep '11) 11 min wtf 73
Can blacks be deported 17 min marlin p 5
this chick is dirty. (Sep '13) 19 min hanky 8
Utica is on its way back and it's upsetting you... 22 min marlin p 2
Giuseppe's 26 min Eeewww 5
Monkeys 31 min marlin p 5
How to beat the upcoming NYS vehicle inspection... 55 min Seek Help 10

Utica Jobs

More from around the web