Utica Firefighter Can Drive To Florid...
probie

Whitesboro, NY

#65 Mar 5, 2013
Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. They're actually OUT fighing FIRES. Not sitting around the air-conditioned fire house, playing games and eating fat, and then whining if the bell rings. "OOOH! We're risking our LIVES!" like that happens every day.
I stubbed my toe once wrapping a hydrant at an automatic
viscount is a hero

Little Falls, NY

#66 Mar 5, 2013
KY WELLER wrote:
<quoted text>They are trashing Utica FD! Maybe you should contact literacy volunteers for services...
Nobody is bashing UFD. They are heros. Just ask MARINO.
Amazing

Utica, NY

#67 Mar 5, 2013
dumbfounded wrote:
[QUOTE who="wtf???"]<quo ted text>Then your an idiot, like I already stated."

Average on the Job deaths in USA is 3.5 per 100,000 workers... Average deaths for only firefighters is 2.5 per 100,000 firemen. I'm not the idiot here, don't argue with me, argue with the statistics .
The 3.5/100k includes the 2.5/100k for firefighters only. Seems to make up a significant potion of that statistic.
dumbfounded

Whitesboro, NY

#68 Mar 6, 2013
Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>The 3.5/100k includes the 2.5/100k for firefighters only. Seems to make up a significant potion of that statistic.
That's now how it works.
dumbfounded

Whitesboro, NY

#69 Mar 6, 2013
Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>The 3.5/100k includes the 2.5/100k for firefighters only. Seems to make up a significant potion of that statistic.
Police: 18/100k
Fishermen 121/100k
Loggers: 102/100k
Truck drivers: 24/100k
Firefighter: 2.5/100k
Any occupation: 3.5/100k

Does that clarify?
Therapist

Orlando, FL

#70 Mar 6, 2013
It's heartening to see that you critics don't only relieve yourselves on teachers and their benefits and pensions. So, answer me this: Why are you so angry and why didn't you all make better career choices?
Freebie the Bean

Syracuse, NY

#71 Mar 6, 2013
viscount is a hero wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is bashing UFD. They are heros. Just ask MARINO.
The REAL hero on UFD is the chief, Russ Brooks. On at least 6 separate fires he carried out 1-2 firefighters over his shoulders who were overcome by smoke, in his full response gear. Thats about 400 lbs.- 2 firefighters over each shoulder. Thats why he will never retire.
Stats

Orlando, FL

#72 Mar 6, 2013
Statistics from FOX News, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. don't count, brother.
Amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
The 3.5/100k includes the 2.5/100k for firefighters only. Seems to make up a significant potion of that statistic.
goober

East Hartford, CT

#73 Mar 6, 2013
Stats wrote:
<quoted text>Statistics from FOX News, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. don't count, brother.
I already said where it was from
CAUGHT ON TAPE

Utica, NY

#74 Mar 6, 2013
The UFD was NOT caught on tape like this PED freak.
HACKENSACK A 59-year-old New York man was arrested on Monday after using the internet to arrange a sexual encounter with a six-year-old girl, authorities announced today.

According to a statement from Bergen County Prosecutor John L. Molinelli, William J. Potoczny, of New Hartford, N.Y., began chatting with a detective he believed to be the girl's parent.

"During the sexually explicit chats, Potoczny chatted about wanting to engage in sexual activities with the child and described what sexual act he wanted to perform with the child," Molinelli said.
UFDUPD

Troy, NY

#75 Mar 6, 2013
viscount likes tubsteak wrote:
why does this post turn into volunteer bashing?
You screwballs should take a look around you. Most of the thousands of people in this county are being protected by these volunteers you tards are bashing. This is the most pathetic display of ignorance in some time.
Very simple you people do it because it makes you feel important. I do it to support my family only to have you volunteers want to take my job away and be the union rat.

By THE WAY WE ARE UNDERPAID AND OVERWORKED
Fire kid

Little Falls, NY

#76 Mar 6, 2013
Hey ass hat. Nobody wants your crummy Utica fire job. I got a job. If it interested me I would've taken the test and got some knee pads to be able to sign the book.

I'm happy for you in your choice of career. But you need to grow up. Volunteers have jobs already. We do it because there's a need have community spirit and enjoy helping people. Its not about being important as you say. You do it so you can retire in twenty.

You can save all the union rat nonsense as well. A lot of us are union members in our chosen professions. Tsk tsk.....Your constant bashing shows your ignorance and doesn't represent going above and beyond the call very well.
Please

Utica, NY

#77 Mar 6, 2013
Someone answer my question Please. Are we discussing LT. Guarascio here? That slimy, back stabbing fat umpa lumpa, and his (cough cough)
beautiful bride both with sex addictions? Took his retirement and ran to Florida. Just say yes or no. I may have wrong uglies .
UFDUPD

Troy, NY

#78 Mar 7, 2013
Fire kid wrote:
Hey ass hat. Nobody wants your crummy Utica fire job. I got a job. If it interested me I would've taken the test and got some knee pads to be able to sign the book.
I'm happy for you in your choice of career. But you need to grow up. Volunteers have jobs already. We do it because there's a need have community spirit and enjoy helping people. Its not about being important as you say. You do it so you can retire in twenty.
You can save all the union rat nonsense as well. A lot of us are union members in our chosen professions. Tsk tsk.....Your constant bashing shows your ignorance and doesn't represent going above and beyond the call very well.
First of all i am not an ass hat I am also not some kid volunteer fire fighter who gets a thrill out of driving around with a blue light on my car and hanging out at some dump hole of a fire house. maybe some day when you get a real job other then Mc donalds you would see where i was coming from.

As far as the Union Rat goes you guys are because you were pushing for a volunteer fire department in the city of utica you volunteers could not handle 1/2 the work load that we do again we are underpaid and over worked i feel we should see at least a 10 percent raise in pay
You are

Little Falls, NY

#79 Mar 7, 2013
You are a kid, or at least have the mentality of one if you think volunteer departments are made up of kids. Doctors, lawyers, medical professionals, as well as blue collar people all make up volunteer ranks. And in all most all other metropolitin areas of the state volunteer ranks are made up of career guys too. Syracuse, buffalo, even FDNY all let there memebers do what they want in there off time to include volunteering and helping in the communties they live. Only in backwoods Utica NY is this turned into such a controversial jaded issue. Like eveything else the city is infamous for. This mentality against the volunteer service is Uticas hallmark. It gets indoctrinated early on and proceeds throughout someone's career there. That's to bad. Funny how when you can't man the second call you have no choice to call mutual aid. How about you fellas don't do that anymore. Just let the shit burn down. Tell the public that there loss is a shame but youre to proud. Please. It ain't gonna happen. Management and the firefighters of utica have sworn to protect the city. And that means by whatever means possible.

Do you really think showing your ignorance on this site is helping your cause any? I can't imagine you are even on the job for the city. I would like to think they wouldn't have some pissant small and simple minded loser on the roll.

No volunteer dept currently in exhistance in Oneida county is pushing for Utica to have one. It would not benifit anyone in any way. The volunteer agencies that serve now have there hands full with what they have anyway. The city of utica needs a paid career force and that shouldnt and wont change. What your saying above makes no sense and it further leads me to believe you are simply some wanna be with a mild knowledge in this subject matter.

Level 3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#80 Mar 8, 2013
New Hartford, Sauquoit, Paris Hill, Clarks Mills, Deansboro, Whitesboro, Kirkland, Willowvalle, pretty much every municipality in OC has a higher GDP than Utica and they all have an all volunteer FD. That is because the recipients in Utica are so lazy they would rather have the city burn to the ground then actually do anything to help out a neighbor. Big industry is gone. There is no reason for such a large FD anymore. Hell, the OD doesn't event print its papers in Utica anymore so you cannot even worry about that catching on fire. Utica need to be taken over by OC Mutual Fire and become volunteer like the rest of the county. Once you get the vollies you get people who actually want to work.
wtf???

Holyoke, MA

#81 Mar 8, 2013
I see dum people wrote:
New Hartford, Sauquoit, Paris Hill, Clarks Mills, Deansboro, Whitesboro, Kirkland, Willowvalle, pretty much every municipality in OC has a higher GDP than Utica and they all have an all volunteer FD. That is because the recipients in Utica are so lazy they would rather have the city burn to the ground then actually do anything to help out a neighbor. Big industry is gone. There is no reason for such a large FD anymore. Hell, the OD doesn't event print its papers in Utica anymore so you cannot even worry about that catching on fire. Utica need to be taken over by OC Mutual Fire and become volunteer like the rest of the county. Once you get the vollies you get people who actually want to work.
Never be able to handle the call volume. Look at county 911 nobody wants to work the utica side it's too busy

Level 3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#82 Mar 8, 2013
Its busy with car accidents and medical calls. Put the money to good use on a city rescue and only call the fire trucks when they are needed. It cost a stupid amount of money to empty the barn every time someone skids into a guard rail or has chest pain.
wtf???

Holyoke, MA

#83 Mar 8, 2013
I see dum people wrote:
Its busy with car accidents and medical calls. Put the money to good use on a city rescue and only call the fire trucks when they are needed. It cost a stupid amount of money to empty the barn every time someone skids into a guard rail or has chest pain.
I'll agree with that
They

Little Falls, NY

#84 Mar 8, 2013
I have no issues with a paid force in Utica. They need it. But they do spike there numbers. Every lock out is a "call". Every codes inspection etc. then the chief tells the council ohhhhh we are soooo busy. It's all smoke and mirrors. Call it what it is. By honest.

Oh and by the way. Stay the hell out of the suburbs. Our taxes are just fine for the services offered. Keep your paid force where they belong. It isn't about helping us, or
Proximity, or professionalism. It is about the friggin money. And how much the city can tap. It's is disgusting and the mayor and council shod he called on the carpet for even thinking it. Here's a thought ..... Live within your means.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chuck U Schumer 3 min Lol 11
New hartford is the new east utica 1 hr Peter sucks it 214
Harmony Speciale 1 hr Terry 39
mike lynch 1 hr Toilet Paper 55
Marino " lifeblood " comment 1 hr MayorKnowNothing 1
Cookies 2 hr Tpix Foolishness 6
News Where To Escape 'City Noise' Pollution Of Centr... 2 hr word 3
Utica Jr. Comets Sex Abuse Investigation! 3 hr DAT MY GRITZ 43
Kelly Esche 5 hr YES SIR YES SIR T... 70
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 5 hr DREDLOC ROT 960

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages