Utica Firefighter Can Drive To Florid...
dumbfounded

Wethersfield, CT

#44 Mar 5, 2013
[QUOTE who="wtf???"]<quo ted text>If you don't think being a firefighter is not dangerous your an idiot! Forget fires for a min, going into these scumbags houses on ems calls unknowing what's going on is dangerous. That's a fact![/QUOTE]
If we DON'T think firefighting is NOT dangerous? That's a double negative and reverses your intended meaning... But anyways, I would be more scared to be a taxi driver or pizza delivery in utica than I would to be a firefighter
CORNELL MAYE

Oxford, NC

#45 Mar 5, 2013
For the record I have seen the boys plenty of times putting their life in jepordy fighting a hot inferno! Those guys have earned their pensions.
But on the flip side, the ambulance service you are stroking the tax payers. Hanna directed me not to give in on that one, but the boys won anyway.

For old time sake wishing all the boys the best.

Chief Brooks time to give it a rest, let the younger generation have their day in the sun. LOL!

Utica will never change. LOL LOL!
blackmagicrape

Utica, NY

#46 Mar 5, 2013
Good thing they're mostly white, not reports of any young women being violated.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#47 Mar 5, 2013
kamakazell wrote:
Well it is budget time again in Utica and our mayor wants to raise taxes again. He has to. How do you expect him to pay a Utica Firefighter $66,926 a year while this firefighter stays home and sits on his ass. Let us not forget we have to replace this bloodsucker and pay overtime in the same amount, so this guy is costing the city well over $130000 a year while he stays home and this does not include pension and medical insurance costs. Now this is been going on for several years, is this guy a quadrapalegic bound to a wheel chair. Can this person do something to earn his pay, maybe answer phones or do janitorial work. You see when you are a suckhole and kiss up to the chief of the department you can screw the taxpayers all the way to the bank. After years of this bloodsucking of the taxpayer, this individual should of been terminated from the department and apply for social securtiy disability if he is so diabled. But is a person can drive a car to Florida he surely can perform some work instead of sitting home and collecting this kind of money from a city heading to bankruptcy.
Come on....is anyone really suprised? This is the Utica way! First, you have to be a moron and politically connected. Next, you get a temporary appointment so that you can get schooled on how to pass the civil service exam. Then, you score the lowest and get picked anyway. The rest is history!I could name names over the years but i would run out of space.
wtf???

East Syracuse, NY

#48 Mar 5, 2013
dumbfounded wrote:
[QUOTE who="wtf???"]<quo ted text>If you don't think being a firefighter is not dangerous your an idiot! Forget fires for a min, going into these scumbags houses on ems calls unknowing what's going on is dangerous. That's a fact!"

If we DON'T think firefighting is NOT dangerous? That's a double negative and reverses your intended meaning... But anyways, I would be more scared to be a taxi driver or pizza delivery in utica than I would to be a firefighter
Then your an idiot, like I already stated.
juanita

New York, NY

#49 Mar 5, 2013
real firefighter are out west fighting forest fires....go volunteer
LOL hes a felon

United States

#50 Mar 5, 2013
blackmagicrape wrote:
Good thing they're mostly white, not reports of any young women being violated.
Obviously you missed the latest New York State Troopr Criminal Scandal- Meet Trooper Rapo from Plattsburg idiot!
viscount likes tubsteak

Little Falls, NY

#51 Mar 5, 2013
why does this post turn into volunteer bashing?

You screwballs should take a look around you. Most of the thousands of people in this county are being protected by these volunteers you tards are bashing. This is the most pathetic display of ignorance in some time.
dumbfounded

Whitesboro, NY

#52 Mar 5, 2013
[QUOTE who="wtf???"]<quo ted text>Then your an idiot, like I already stated.[/QUOTE]
Average on the Job deaths in USA is 3.5 per 100,000 workers... Average deaths for only firefighters is 2.5 per 100,000 firemen. I'm not the idiot here, don't argue with me, argue with the statistics .
Here we go again

United States

#53 Mar 5, 2013
dumbfounded wrote:
<quoted text>
Average on the Job deaths in USA is 3.5 per 100,000 workers... Average deaths for only firefighters is 2.5 per 100,000 firemen. I'm not the idiot here, don't argue with me, argue with the statistics .
According to the US Dept of Labor Firemen aren't even in the top 10 go back to sleep the meth will be done at 4pm.
dumbfounded

Whitesboro, NY

#54 Mar 5, 2013
Here we go again wrote:
<quoted text>According to the US Dept of Labor Firemen aren't even in the top 10 go back to sleep the meth will be done at 4pm.
That's exactly the point I was making u simpleton
Not so sure

United States

#55 Mar 5, 2013
dumbfounded wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly the point I was making u simpleton
Then why didn't you make the point correctly and end up needing help with the facts?
dumbfounded

Whitesboro, NY

#56 Mar 5, 2013
Not so sure wrote:
<quoted text>Then why didn't you make the point correctly and end up needing help with the facts?
I did... I showed the average death rate is higher than that of firefighters. You were just too stupid to interpret the figures.
Not so sure

United States

#57 Mar 5, 2013
dumbfounded wrote:
<quoted text>
I did... I showed the average death rate is higher than that of firefighters. You were just too stupid to interpret the figures.
You said it, you didn't show anything but that you think whiny denials make your "point". You cited nothing. Another oootican that thinks saying something "makes it so" but you forget not everyone you speak with a stupid inbreed oootican.
intheknow

Whitesboro, NY

#58 Mar 5, 2013
Not so sure wrote:
<quoted text>You said it, you didn't show anything but that you think whiny denials make your "point". You cited nothing. Another oootican that thinks saying something "makes it so" but you forget not everyone you speak with a stupid inbreed oootican.
Well idk what to tell u bud.. U dont have to take my word for it. The statistic I listed is from the national census of fatal occupational injuries 2011. And it clearly shows that firefighters die less frequently than the average of all occupations. I'm not sure what part that you don't understand. Maybe you are just a nitwit. End of discussion for me. You win
wtf???

Utica, NY

#59 Mar 5, 2013
intheknow wrote:
<quoted text>Well idk what to tell u bud.. U dont have to take my word for it. The statistic I listed is from the national census of fatal occupational injuries 2011. And it clearly shows that firefighters die less frequently than the average of all occupations. I'm not sure what part that you don't understand. Maybe you are just a nitwit. End of discussion for me. You win
Your right! Deaths. But we were talking about how dangerous it is. How bout injuries? I bet if you wait tables or are cashier you won't get hurt as often. Just because the deaths are not there does not mean its not dangerous. Firefighters are put in more dangerous situations. Like I said just going into someone else home can be dangerous. It baffles the mind that you could think this way. Might be because you have no idea what the job of a firefighter is
dumfounded

Whitesboro, NY

#61 Mar 5, 2013
[QUOTE who="wtf???"]<quo ted text>Your right! Deaths. But we were talking about how dangerous it is. How bout injuries? I bet if you wait tables or are cashier you won't get hurt as often. Just because the deaths are not there does not mean its not dangerous. Firefighters are put in more dangerous situations. Like I said just going into someone else home can be dangerous. It baffles the mind that you could think this way. Might be because you have no idea what the job of a firefighter is[/QUOTE]
The original statement wasn't about injuries... It was about "putting their lives on the line everyday". And I was just saying that their "lives are on the line" to a lesser degree than a garbage man. Who IS in that top 10 list
Yankee

Brooklyn, NY

#62 Mar 5, 2013
juanita wrote:
real firefighter are out west fighting forest fires....go volunteer
Yeah. They're actually OUT fighing FIRES. Not sitting around the air-conditioned fire house, playing games and eating fat, and then whining if the bell rings. "OOOH! We're risking our LIVES!" like that happens every day.

KY WELLER
Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#63 Mar 5, 2013
viscount likes tubsteak wrote:
why does this post turn into volunteer bashing?
You screwballs should take a look around you. Most of the thousands of people in this county are being protected by these volunteers you tards are bashing. This is the most pathetic display of ignorance in some time.
They are trashing Utica FD! Maybe you should contact literacy volunteers for services...
Astute

United States

#64 Mar 5, 2013
Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. They're actually OUT fighing FIRES. Not sitting around the air-conditioned fire house, playing games and eating fat, and then whining if the bell rings. "OOOH! We're risking our LIVES!" like that happens every day.
Astute. You forgot posting on the internet on your dime. It's pretty obvious to anyone with eyes that a large number of these topix posts come from people who work at the public trough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 12 min Agent 6658 72
why ]\[lGGERS BURN AND ROB EVERYTHING WHEN THEY... 23 min Outs 18
why ]\[lGGERS HAVE LOWEST IQ OF ANY RACE ON EAR... 34 min FREE TAXPAYER JOWLS 164
Stay Away from these Contractors 35 min FREE TAXPAYER JOWLS 34
free food ]\[lGGERS HIGHEST OBESITY RATE IN WORLD 36 min FREE TAXPAYER JOWLS 6
savage ]\[lGGERS BEAT 12 YO GIRL 37 min ROTTED NYLON TERR... 263
OD's Liz Cooper's $45B with a BULLSHlT 'B' Nan... 39 min NO IQ MUDSHARK 5
Who remembers - Leather bottle, Friar's Inn, Bo... (Aug '08) 1 hr Gov Cheese Hockey 245
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 2 hr Gov Cheese Hockey 503
Not All Nazis Are Bad 3 hr WW II Ones Were 34

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages