Does anyone remember the old Chuck E....
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Snowey

Reidsville, NC

#62 Apr 6, 2011
There was a Ground Round at Sangertown in the Bradlees wing where Ruby Tuesday was? Ruby Tuesday was in the Hess wing so that's not possible. And the Bradless at Riverside was on the opposite side of the mall from the Ground Round. I think people are confusing things a bit. I know, it's been years, so it's easy to confuse these things, but really, there was never a Ground Round at Sangertown, I am not 99.9 percent sure of that as I said earlier, I am 100 percent sure.:)
Worlds Oldest Mall Rat

Long Eddy, NY

#63 Apr 6, 2011
What was the restaurant before Ruby Tuesdays?
ED B

Lewiston, ME

#64 Apr 6, 2011
I remember going thru the door of the mens room and throwin up into a urinal.. that wouldnt have been bad enough but there was a little kid standing there with his daddy as i came thru the door and watched the whole thing...LOL>>LMAO> >>>I think he might still be in therapy!!!!! SORRY KIDDO!!!!!
Worlds Oldest Mall Rat

Long Eddy, NY

#65 Apr 6, 2011
Wasnt there a restaurant either next to or in place of the Skating Rink?

Level 3

Since: Aug 08

Utica, NY

#66 Apr 7, 2011
yep wrote:
there was a ground round in the bradlees wing
Oh shoot you're right! It was the Bradlees wing by the arcades! My bad.

Level 3

Utica, NY

#67 Apr 7, 2011
Snowey wrote:
There was a Ground Round at Sangertown in the Bradlees wing where Ruby Tuesday was? Ruby Tuesday was in the Hess wing so that's not possible. And the Bradless at Riverside was on the opposite side of the mall from the Ground Round. I think people are confusing things a bit. I know, it's been years, so it's easy to confuse these things, but really, there was never a Ground Round at Sangertown, I am not 99.9 percent sure of that as I said earlier, I am 100 percent sure.:)
I'm 100% sure there was.:)

Level 3

Utica, NY

#68 Apr 7, 2011
http://www.sangertown.com/calendar.asp...

This link is an old list of upcoming events at sangertown from 2008. Scroll down to where it says 11th Annual Mothers' Day Plant Sale. There you'll find a reference to "the former Ground Round entrance."

Cheers!
Snowey

Reidsville, NC

#69 Apr 7, 2011
Yep...upper parking lot near the former Ground Round entrance. I bet that means just that...the upper parking lot, away from the mall, across the street from where the Ground Round was. Not in the mall. :)There was never a Ground Round inside Sangertown. Now, in the Bradlees wing, near the arcade there WAS a place called O'Tooles that was similar. That might be what you are thinking of.

Level 3

Utica, NY

#70 Apr 7, 2011
I think that was afterward.
I just emailed the company. We're going to settle this friendly debate once and for all!
:)
Shopper girl

United States

#71 Apr 1, 2012
Bella vita was near roller rink

Level 3

Utica, NY

#72 Apr 3, 2012
Sad, I forgot about this from last year, and of course never heard from the company.
Suzie

East Syracuse, NY

#73 Sep 9, 2012
What was the place called that sold half sandwiches and had the train going around the ceiling. It was in Sangertown where the Vitamin store is now
Vinny

Holland Patent, NY

#74 Nov 18, 2012
Psychic wrote:
Remember the rumors that the famous psychic Jeane Dixon had predicted that Sangertown was going to sink or collapse or something?
Haha yeah they said that about Caruocle too I think
ohhtica

Utica, NY

#75 Nov 18, 2012
It's was called CHEW CHEWS!!!!! I loved that place. And there was NEVER a ground round in sangertown. Otooles yes, GR no.
ohhtica

Utica, NY

#76 Nov 18, 2012
Suzie wrote:
What was the place called that sold half sandwiches and had the train going around the ceiling. It was in Sangertown where the Vitamin store is now
Or CHOO CHOOS

Utica34
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Albany, NY

#77 Mar 2, 2013
Snowey wrote:
Yep...upper parking lot near the former Ground Round entrance. I bet that means just that...the upper parking lot, away from the mall, across the street from where the Ground Round was. Not in the mall.:)There was never a Ground Round inside Sangertown. Now, in the Bradlees wing, near the arcade there WAS a place called O'Tooles that was similar. That might be what you are thinking of.
First time I ever ate chicken wings was O'Tooles.

Level 3

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#78 Mar 13, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
First time I ever ate chicken wings was O'Tooles.
O'Tooles was a nice place. I can'r remember if it was where Payless is now or if it was somewhere's else

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Little Falls, NY

#79 Mar 13, 2013
the good old days wrote:
Does anyone remember the old Chuck E. Cheeses at the sangertown mall?
OMG thank you for this thread. I argued for an hr with my fiance about which mall it was in 3 days ago. He was so sure it was Riverside. But, as usual, he's wrong.....hehe
Bobbie120

Dover, NH

#80 Feb 22, 2015
Snowey wrote:
Remember when it had not only a roller skating rink, but also Cinema 6, two arcades, lots of places to eat in the food court, Margarita's in the center of the food court, lots of people, a big New Year's Eve party with lots of food and bands after hours, a haunted house every Halloween...I spent way too much time at the mall in the 80's.
I use to work at Margarita's in the early 80's. My husband said that there was never a Margarita's in Upstate NY. Out here in New Hampshire they have a few and he is convinced that the restaurant started in Concord. I sure wish I had my old pay stubbs.
Back to class

Bronx, NY

#81 Mar 2, 2015
Bobbie120 wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to work at Margarita's in the early 80's. My husband said that there was never a Margarita's in Upstate NY. Out here in New Hampshire they have a few and he is convinced that the restaurant started in Concord. I sure wish I had my old pay stubbs.
He must be thinking of a different chain. The owner of Margarita's (John Wadw) had just a few restaurants, all of them in CNY. Ayesbury Inn, Jack Appleseed's, Margarita's, S-Kickers and Pink Cadillac.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Five BOONS in Florida have been arrested TAKING... 14 min WAAAAA TAXES 11
Hey Dave, it's almost melon season! 15 min DaveMelonHeadSlob 1
attn CRET SMITH POST RECEIPTS FOR DONATIONS TO ... 18 min DaveSmithSlobFaceF 2
Dave CretinSmith Sociopath 20 min WAAAAA TAXES 50
rob esche getting divorced 21 min SlobFaceFAwwCreti... 11
New York Taxes Highest in US - AGAIN! 22 min WAAAAA TAXES 7
What is FSMC Hiding! 34 min ROG SHAT ID CRY 35
Esche thread deleted...too hot to handle? 40 min DaveSmithSlobFRash 52
irish center enough is enough 5 hr Grant Scam Economy 58
Babes North Utica What Is Up With The Owner?? D... 11 hr busby 44