Does anyone remember the old Chuck E. Cheeses at sangertown mall ?

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of79
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
retro info

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

Does anyone remember that the riverside mall had a full size
Burger king in it?

yes. it was a grate place to go. it was in the midle of the mall 4 or 5 stores past the clock tower. across from Burger king was grannys kitchen.
I do

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

I remember climbing under the creepy space with the musical figures that made wierd robotic movements everytime that song "Leeeeeeeet the sun shine in, leeeeeeeet the sun shine in, the suuuuuuun shine iiiinnnnnn", in the cheese house or whatever the hell that was. I remember the ball pit, too. good grief those '80's !
I do

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

retro info wrote:
Burger king in it?
yes. it was a grate place to go. it was in the midle of the mall 4 or 5 stores past the clock tower. across from Burger king was grannys kitchen.
I had many a meal at that burger king, after getting my mullet cut across they way (US cutters maybe?). not kidding, the 80's were pretty bad / good...I remember bradlees and that record store too!
Steve

Larchmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

Utica is a dead city back in the day therewas much more to do. Now there is no jobs around here and people just leave. Only old people left.
Snowey

Elkin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

Remember when someone put soap in the fountain in the center of the mall? Remember when the fountain in the center of the mall was a bar? Remember when the food court actually had places to eat?

I spent many Saturdays at the roller rink at that mall.

OH! How about the New Years Eve party? Back in '86 or '87 or so they opened up the mall on New Years Eve...stores were closed but there were bands and a ton of food...it was actually a lot of fun.
Psychic

Chittenango, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

Remember the rumors that the famous psychic Jeane Dixon had predicted that Sangertown was going to sink or collapse or something?
adk

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

The north end of the riverside also had an ice cream shop like a bar and a Fays Drugs in it.
retro info

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

I do wrote:
<quoted text>
I had many a meal at that burger king, after getting my mullet cut across they way (US cutters maybe?). not kidding, the 80's were pretty bad / good...I remember bradlees and that record store too!
record town was the name of that music store. i miss that place. do you remembers hilton's music? it was close to k'b' toys.
remember

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

retro info wrote:
Burger king in it?
yup
Sorry

Larchmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

retro info wrote:
<quoted text>
record town was the name of that music store. i miss that place. do you remembers hilton's music? it was close to k'b' toys.
Not Record Town... it was Midland Records
fun in the sun

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

the good old days wrote:
Does anyone remember the old Chuck E. Cheeses at the sangertown mall?
there is a major factor that impacted the loss of so many of the stores that many of us have in out childhood memories....while it came a bit later it ruined the potential of bringing many of these little stores back..WAL MART! they do not allow many of these speciality stores to survive with their big box store discounted prices

another thought...with the concerns of teenagers in our society a roller skating rink could potentially be a gathering place for unwanted behavior.

Level 3

Since: Aug 08

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

I think I was tad too young to remember the roller skating rink at Sangertown. But I do remember Chuck E Cheese! Ground Round was there too--and they used to show cartoons and give you popcorn. Kids paid what they weighed too! I remember the arcades and playing "Pole Position" the racing game, often with my little brother. I miss Bradlees. I also miss the cinemas. I think Marquee killed the plans they had to rebuild a theater. I remember Margarita's. I remember the haunted house. I loved Hess's. I remember BK at Riverside and Friendly's too. And Karmelkorn. And yes there was Record Town there. And Shiny Star. ANd the Rainbow Shop. I miss the '80s.

Whoever posted that link for Project Absurd--AWESOME! That's a great site. Thank you for that.
retro info

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

2andahalf cents wrote:
I think I was tad too young to remember the roller skating rink at Sangertown. But I do remember Chuck E Cheese! Ground Round was there too--and they used to show cartoons and give you popcorn. Kids paid what they weighed too! I remember the arcades and playing "Pole Position" the racing game, often with my little brother. I miss Bradlees. I also miss the cinemas. I think Marquee killed the plans they had to rebuild a theater. I remember Margarita's. I remember the haunted house. I loved Hess's. I remember BK at Riverside and Friendly's too. And Karmelkorn. And yes there was Record Town there. And Shiny Star. ANd the Rainbow Shop. I miss the '80s.
Whoever posted that link for Project Absurd--AWESOME! That's a great site. Thank you for that.
your welcome. no Problem. if i find more. i will post them here.
yep

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

does anyone remember getting wet feet in the ball pit at Chuck Cheese. I used to piss in that thing all the time
Snowey

Elkin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

The Ground Round was actually at Riverside. I was one of the last people to eat there...went in with a bunch of friends, stayed until close and spent a ton of money. The next day they shut it down! There was a Ground Round across the street from Sangertown, though, where that Japanese place is now.

Level 3

Since: Aug 08

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

No it was at Sangertown too. Where Ruby Tuesday is. Oh wait that's gone too. I miss that place.
Snowey

Elkin, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

I am 99.9 percent sure there was never a Ground Round at Sangertown. Don't remember it at all. Why would they put a Ground Round at Sangertown when there was one directly across the street that was there before the mall was built?

Yeah, Ruby Tuesday was a good place. We still have 2 of them where I live now.:)
yep

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

there was a ground round in the bradlees wing
yep

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

what was the name of the restaurant where the new movie theater was put in. I remeber they made pizza out front.
Exactly

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

retro info wrote:
<quoted text>
the mechanical animals in costumes that would put on a musical show in Chuck E cheese at the sangertown mall anded up going to the enchanted forest sometime around 1984-85 in a western saloon. i think it still exist today.
here is a link to the site. http://www.projectabsurd.byethost6.com/enchan...
it has pics and a video.
The best part is every show Joe Bonamassa opens up for Chucky!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of79
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
was just pushed to pain management!! 4 min opinion 5
Steve Wynn Utica 2 hr U R a fool 4
Stewarts wont go to shit W.Utica 3 hr Ahhh typical 17
Upstate NY brewery purchases land, looks to exp... 4 hr Aqua Feces on the Canal 5
Where To Get a Fake ID - pobama255@yahoo. com 4 hr John Kenney 2
how DO YOU KNOW ADAM AN EVE WERENT BLACK 4 hr Aqua Feces on the Canal 3
why ONLY /\lGGER AREA OF ANY CITY GARBAGE DUMP 4 hr CORNHILL HOGJOWLS 9
Corked Winebar 8 hr dummy 27
Officer hit with frying pan 8 hr Kitchen Nightmares 39
Radisson's Easter Dinner 9 hr Too bad sooo sad 34
Official: Goodbye Comets 10 hr Sport for gay men 159
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs