OD reporting on New Hartford

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rah Rah BOOM

Dover, DE

#1 Jun 14, 2013
http://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x1292451394...

This is another example of the OD being in the bag for the region's political "elite" . Last night, Library Board president Linda Romano emailed Earle Cunningham's letter of resignation to OD NH beat reporter Sara Tracy. Within hours, the letter, almost word for word was posted on the OD website. This is the second time that a disgruntled Library trustee has resigned and has used the opportunity to grandstand and smear fellow trustee Ed Wiatr. An honest and objective journalist would have contacted Mr. Wiatr and asked for a statement and Ms. Tracy failed to do so on both occasions. Ms. Tracy has thrown off any presence of journalistic integrity and objectivity while covering New Hartford. This whole sordid affair is an embarrassment to the New Hartford Library Board of trustees, Sara Tracy and the OD editorial board. If the OD hopes to get any creditability back, Sara Tracy should be removed as NH beat reporter immediately.
Jeff Chaucer

Utica, NY

#2 Jun 14, 2013
Thank you Joe Bolton!
OD reader

Wethersfield, CT

#3 Jun 14, 2013
One thing for sure the local politicians don't fear the OD.
Library Patron

Dallas, TX

#4 Jun 14, 2013
Another outrageous display by the library board president. Time to dump this bully.

No one can disagree that OD and Romano have a cozy relationship... that is easily manipulated by her. OD is not providing fair and equal coverage, so we will never know the real story. Biased reporting of any news about the library is what we can expect from OD.
Not a patron

New York, NY

#5 Jun 14, 2013
I see no reason for the OD to contact Waitr. If he wants to comment, he can contact them.
dirty donna

Whitesboro, NY

#6 Jun 14, 2013
We are all about the empowerment of women. You men have had it too good for too long. Self proclaimed feminists such as I, reign supreme. Deal with it!
sick of it

Bedford, MA

#7 Jun 14, 2013
The lack of honest reporting by the OD is a key reason why our political leadership continues to believe they can get away with their incompetence. Thanks OD for cheer leading this area to oblivion.
Jeff Chaucer

Utica, NY

#8 Jun 14, 2013
Let's all thank Town Supervisor Patrick Tysinski for appointing Ed Wiatr (born and raised in New York Mills) to the New Hartford Library Board. Supervisor Tysinski ruined a great asset of the community.
Library folies

Boston, MA

#9 Jun 14, 2013
Wow!; The Library is ruined? Is that why trustees are resigning left and right screaming and at stomping their feet like spoiled children who don't get their way? by the way, how can the library be an asset to the community when the community doesnt even own the library.
Louis Pasante

Germany

#10 Jun 14, 2013
Jeff Chaucer wrote:
Let's all thank Town Supervisor Patrick Tysinski for appointing Ed Wiatr (born and raised in New York Mills) to the New Hartford Library Board. Supervisor Tysinski ruined a great asset of the community.
Jeff: You're nuts. Ed Wiatr did an outstanding job. Additionally, who cares where he was raised. Are you that elitist? The library Director and board has more drama than a soap opera. It's a library.
southside johnny

Raleigh, NC

#11 Jun 14, 2013
Jeff Chaucer wrote:
So you are telling me everybody that lives in NH was born and raised there except for Wiatr, most are snob wannabes born in Utica and other surrounding towns, give me a break
NH resident

Hartford, CT

#12 Jun 14, 2013
Who will be the next trustee to resign. IMO this is a good news story for the town and library
We need some house cleaning there.
Anaximenes

Somerville, MA

#13 Jun 14, 2013
From reading all of this its obvious that OD reporter Sara Tracy fancy herself as Library President Linda Romano's personal press spokesman. What an amazing display of selling out. The OD has really jumped the shark on this one.
keystone cops

Somerville, MA

#14 Jun 14, 2013
Talk about a spectacular failure! The resigning trustees look pretty and mean spirited. The OD has been exposes for being shills for the library board. Fail
Former Library Patron

Romania

#15 Jun 14, 2013
Anaximenes wrote:
From reading all of this its obvious that OD reporter Sara Tracy fancy herself as Library President Linda Romano's personal press spokesman. What an amazing display of selling out. The OD has really jumped the shark on this one.
Linda Romano manipulating people? I'm shocked. Just shocked.

She's probably on the Romano payroll - based on her coverage.
lomg timer

Clinton, MA

#16 Jun 14, 2013
Former Library Patron wrote:
<quoted text>
Linda Romano manipulating people? I'm shocked. Just shocked.
She's probably on the Romano payroll - based on her coverage.
On the payroll? Its simpler then that. Sara Tracy is on a typical career path for a young OD reporter. They start all idealistic at first but then they get all starry eyed in the presence of the so called local celebrities.
They soon find themselves between a rock and a hard place. On one hand if they report accurately the shenanigans of the politicians they risk getting cut off from access. On the other side, their editors and bosses from the OD only like positive stories that paint the area with rose colored glasses and don't want to field phone calls from angry local politicians.
So tgeaevyoung reporters take the path of least resistance and sell out. Sara Tracy's' predecessors did exactly the same thing. This place eats young people alive. My advice to them: go somewhere therebia a future for a talented young person because the Utica area and the OD isn't it.
coupon clipper

Clinton, MA

#18 Jun 14, 2013
Good assessment on why the OD is failing. Its funny, I'm the mail I received yet another letter begging me to subscribe to the OD and how I would save lots of money with all of their coupons. Nothing was said however, about getting local news coverage. Its like the OD just gave up. Success to them is bundling coupons not providing great news.
lomg timer wrote:
<quoted text>
On the payroll? Its simpler then that. Sara Tracy is on a typical career path for a young OD reporter. They start all idealistic at first but then they get all starry eyed in the presence of the so called local celebrities.
They soon find themselves between a rock and a hard place. On one hand if they report accurately the shenanigans of the politicians they risk getting cut off from access. On the other side, their editors and bosses from the OD only like positive stories that paint the area with rose colored glasses and don't want to field phone calls from angry local politicians.
So tgeaevyoung reporters take the path of least resistance and sell out. Sara Tracy's' predecessors did exactly the same thing. This place eats young people alive. My advice to them: go somewhere therebia a future for a talented young person because the Utica area and the OD isn't it.
Jerkbags on parade

Herkimer, NY

#19 Jun 14, 2013
Great insight, Topix trolls.

This thread reads like it was spoken by a bunch of shriveled up old coots walking around the local YMCA locker room with their tiny weenies on display. "Back in my day we had the telegraph and smoke signals!" Grab a towel and cover that thing up, morons! The future is an intimidating place for small minded simpletons like you.

You people with your keen insights into the inner mechanisms of the media are hysterical. Keep up the quality drivel. F'in tools.
Samdy

Clinton, MA

#20 Jun 14, 2013
Umm... is this all hitting too close to home???
Donahue

Little Falls, NY

#21 Jun 14, 2013
coupon clipper wrote:
Good assessment on why the OD is failing. Its funny, I'm the mail I received yet another letter begging me to subscribe to the OD and how I would save lots of money with all of their coupons. Nothing was said however, about getting local news coverage. Its like the OD just gave up. Success to them is bundling coupons not providing great news.
<quoted text>
Ed on the library board is just another fake wannabe politician. Unfortunately for him he is nasty to people as well. Oh he will smile and say hello but as soon as your back is turned you are done. Him and his crew have down a so so job of getting there point across. Problem is he does it with such slyness that anyone can see he has alterior motives. He's simply waiting for the day he can be crowned king of our once nice town and then proceed to dismantle decades of progress. He's looking to have his name in lights and needs a hobby...... This is what he's found. How nice for the rest of us. Last I checked he had a phone or email or whatever. He could call the OD and present his case if he felt it needed to be done. It's not like a surprise to anyone locally his name comes up in a controversial tone. He shouldn't be surprised either with how hard his group has worked to get there message out and also go after peolple. Thankfully most see through the redorick and think logically for themselves. Including the OD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Glorius Day for America! 19 min Truth 1
Trump Is Your New President 26 min Truth 1
Anal Sex does it smell 49 min Lets be honest 5
TRUMP IS not my president. 53 min Id blow him 5
Trump first pig scum bag of US 57 min Love my trump 2
Looking for Utica contractor 1 hr mud flapps 6
Who is Frank Policelli? (Nov '07) 1 hr aurelio bianco 40
VIDEO!! Uticans react to NANO COLLAPSE!!!! 1 hr The Cracker 22
Another shady Utica Comets Audit? 3 hr utica truth 81
Jason POWLES telling Wessing how to do her job ... 3 hr utica truth 30
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 6 hr Clintonforprison101 777

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages