Lake Effect Snow On the Way. Is Utica...

Lake Effect Snow On the Way. Is Utica DPW Ready?

Posted in the Utica Forum

Wheres the Salt

Utica, NY

#1 Dec 30, 2013
The Utica side streets are still an icy mess from the other night! Now, we have a lake effect snow watch on. Are our boys ready? Or, are these clowns of the plow gonna be sobering up after New Years Eve partying? Or, are the clowns of the plows taking the day/night off? C'mon, guys........we, the city taxpayers, pay your salaries!!!
Dumbo

Herkimer, NY

#2 Dec 30, 2013
Wheres the Salt wrote:
The Utica side streets are still an icy mess from the other night! Now, we have a lake effect snow watch on. Are our boys ready? Or, are these clowns of the plow gonna be sobering up after New Years Eve partying? Or, are the clowns of the plows taking the day/night off? C'mon, guys........we, the city taxpayers, pay your salaries!!!
I don't give a chit. If I feel like sleeping in the plow 'til my shift is over, I'll do it.
needs sleep

Utica, NY

#3 Dec 30, 2013
and dont smash those plow blades on the road making a heck of a racket some of us got to sleep.
Magdalena

Herkimer, NY

#4 Dec 30, 2013
You can bet on the fact that Utica's DPW has done absolutely nothing to prepare themselves or their equipment for another snowstorm. They are so mismanaged that if you took the labeling off their equipment, you would think that they are located in a city that seldom recieves snowfall!

Didn't someone mention that the DPW's leader has been quoted as saying that the public should just "deal with it" when road conditions are poor? If I still lived in that godforsaken city I would be livid!
Commuter

Whitesboro, NY

#5 Dec 30, 2013
They are pathetic, I agree. I had one flip me off last year. I was out clearing my driveway and about halfway through the plow went by piling more at the end. The guy in the passenger seat flipped me off. I didn't even do anything. I was less concerned about that and more concerned as to why they need 2 in the vehicle.
Magdalena

Herkimer, NY

#6 Dec 30, 2013
Commuter wrote:
They are pathetic, I agree. I had one flip me off last year. I was out clearing my driveway and about halfway through the plow went by piling more at the end. The guy in the passenger seat flipped me off. I didn't even do anything. I was less concerned about that and more concerned as to why they need 2 in the vehicle.
He gave you the finger because they were jealous that your can clear a roadway of snow and ice with your shovel faster than the DPW can with their equipment.
Mayor Caruso

Little Falls, NY

#7 Dec 30, 2013
My street has been icy allday, still is, good job dpw mutts.
Phil

Ithaca, NY

#8 Dec 31, 2013
DPW like Palmieri suxs. Warning for northern oneida county, not utica. 15+ inches, we may get a couple but our DPW cant handle that either.
Ben

Ithaca, NY

#9 Jan 1, 2014
Why would they be ready? It's Utica we talking about, you forget.
Commuter

Whitesboro, NY

#10 Jan 1, 2014
Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>He gave you the finger because they were jealous that your can clear a roadway of snow and ice with your shovel faster than the DPW can with their equipment.
HAHA! Never thought of that.
Bbo

United States

#12 Jan 1, 2014
My Utica street is still icy as well......ridiculous and a significant potential hazard and safety concern....drive through Marcy streets and they are totally clean. Someone is completely mismanaging this in Utica.
voter

Waterville, NY

#14 Jan 2, 2014
Drove by the dpw garage and there is no one there. The roads are a mess.I will never vote for this guy again.ONE AND DONE
Nobody Home

Utica, NY

#15 Jan 2, 2014
voter wrote:
Drove by the dpw garage and there is no one there. The roads are a mess.I will never vote for this guy again.ONE AND DONE
uh, we don't vote for the dpw supervisor!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the scummiest thing you saw in a restaurant 56 min LickPinkStink 11
Chuck Schumer abuser ? 1 hr LickPinkStink 7
Puerto rico get off your butts 1 hr Truth hurts 84
Emmaus House Not paying Their Employees 1 hr LickPinkStink 3
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 2 hr Truth hurts 93
Elaine Bonanza 2 hr Nopun 33
My Drive Through Utica 2 hr Truth 4
Utica Teachers that Cheat #10 5 hr Ha Ha 28
Twin Ponds shoot em up 11 hr Jay Z 44
One Term Tenney 14 hr Moochers delight 98