We don't want to miss out on Utica. Met Life Building purchased.

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2014
Utica Pride

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

TOOLS
EMAIL THIS ARTICLE
PRINT THIS ARTICLE

Syracuse developers: We don't want to miss out on Utica
By ANNA MEILER
Story Created: Jan 23, 2014 at 6:37 PM EST
Story Updated: Jan 23, 2014 at 9:14 PM EST
UTICA, N.Y.(WKTV)-- Developers from Syracuse say Utica is rebounding and it's an opportunity they didn't want to miss out on.

Following a lot of positive economic news with Nano Utica and Harbor Point, Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri was excited to announce Thursday that Summit Realty Management bought the former MetLife building in the Utica Business Park.

"National, regional and local companies at this point see the city as a vibrant attraction to economic development," said Mayor Palmieri.

In just a few months, the vacant rooms and deserted halls will be bustling again.

"These two would not be here if there was not going to be a return. I think they see something I've seen for a while, but now it's starting to manifest itself," said Mayor Palmieri.

The first one is ORBCOMM, a communication business that monitors machinery using satellites world-wide. Once they move in, they'll be looking to hire five engineers.

Summit Realty Management will also be hiring local construction companies and using local materials to refurbish the building and property.

The Utica Business Park has other vacant buildings. When asked if he was hoping this would inspire other developers, Mayor Palmieri was quick to say, "I'm not hoping. I know it will, I absolutely do."

Summit Realty Management says their work here isn't done.

"There's a momentum in this area and we've made this investment and it's our intent and our expectations that we'll continue to look for other opportunities in the Utica area," said John Murphy, President of Summit Realty Management.
BigDeal Oootica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

LOL! Another bullshyt article to try to pain oOOotica like it's some "mecca" for "cosmopolitan" business and high-life LOL!

YOUR CITY COUNCIL PRESIDENT IS A FELON.

YOUR WHOLE CITY IS ONE FORM OF PUBLIC FUNDED WELFARE OR ANOTHER.

ALMOST EVERY LAST LEADER IN PUBLIC SERVICE IS A CRIMINAL DEGENERATE OR A WORTHLESS CROOK.

YOUR TAXES ARE RIDICULOUS- NOTHING IN RETURN BUT LOSER YAP!

YOUR GOVERNOR WANTS ONLY RAVING PROGRESSIVE LIBS PROMOTING THE LAYERS OF PUBLIC WELFARE NANYSTATE JOBS AND WELFARE GENERATIONS OF TAKERS.

CNY is full of emotionally immature rejects who wouldn't know quality or what money looks like if either hit them in their face.

Good luck with all that dreaming how great utica is morons.
Utica Pride

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

BigDeal Oootica wrote:
LOL! Another bullshyt article to try to pain oOOotica like it's some "mecca" for "cosmopolitan" business and high-life LOL!
YOUR CITY COUNCIL PRESIDENT IS A FELON.
YOUR WHOLE CITY IS ONE FORM OF PUBLIC FUNDED WELFARE OR ANOTHER.
ALMOST EVERY LAST LEADER IN PUBLIC SERVICE IS A CRIMINAL DEGENERATE OR A WORTHLESS CROOK.
YOUR TAXES ARE RIDICULOUS- NOTHING IN RETURN BUT LOSER YAP!
YOUR GOVERNOR WANTS ONLY RAVING PROGRESSIVE LIBS PROMOTING THE LAYERS OF PUBLIC WELFARE NANYSTATE JOBS AND WELFARE GENERATIONS OF TAKERS.
CNY is full of emotionally immature rejects who wouldn't know quality or what money looks like if either hit them in their face.
Good luck with all that dreaming how great utica is morons.
You must work for the Governor of Texas. He came up to NY last year because he is angry that we are stealing all of his business.

The story speaks for itself. Developers want to be part of the great future of Utica.

Utica Rocks

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

I think your right. It seems like we have a few detractors on topic. What is there interest to see Utica fail? With so many positive news stories in the last couple of years it makes you wonder.

I think it's an organized public relation effort to discredit what's going on here. Again the question, Why?
Utican

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Hotels opening, new restaurants, new business, nano. You people are right. All these must be fake and mean people are not investing.

Get lives please
Frank T

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Utican wrote:
Hotels opening, new restaurants, new business, nano. You people are right. All these must be fake and mean people are not investing.
Get lives please
Pulease! Where is the reality here? You are just parroting words you have heard. Where is the evidence?
Seen it all

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2014

Utica is doing great! Have not seen this type of activity since the 50's.

Wondering

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2014

There he is again the United States guy. President of the Utica
Smear campaign. How much are they paying you?
Wondering

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2014

Someone must be paying you. You are on topic all day smearing the city.
Wondering

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2014

Uticas Abusive Cops wrote:
<quoted text>
So again. Who's paying me? And no I'm not here all day big guy but you have your opinion. Again, who's paying me mental midget?
You must have some motive to bash the area 24/7. Either you profit as a slum lord or benefit from the status quo or someone is paying you. What I witness from all your post is a well organized public relation smear campaign. That's what it is? My question is why and who is paying you?
Yep

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2014

I see that guy/girl have the last comment all the time. It does make you wonder.

This is big news getting a buyer for the Metlife building in the Utica Business Park.

Maybe if the person spent as much time getting a job and not playing the victim as they did on topic they could be part of the many recent successes in the area as well.
Churchill

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2014

<quoted text>
No pay mental midget. I do it for the enjoyment. I like pointing out exactly what's wrong in your region because people like you are too stupid to see it for themselves.
Sounds like the town cry baby from Whitesboro St.
Maybe

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2014

Churchill wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the town cry baby from Whitesboro St.
You must be right. We have no response. It's the guy from Whitesboro St that bashes everyone. He lives on the second floor apartment He should get a job. I wonder if could use medicaid to get help. It's a shame because he seems like a very smart guy. He has just given up.

Dave drunk again

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

<quoted text>
I couldn't even tell you where whitesboro st is but whatever makes you feel good.
2:00 AM and Dave is drunk and alone as usual.
Dave is up

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

<quoted text>
So wheres whitesboro st?
It's noon and the rashed wonder Dave Smith is crawling out of bed to begin his productive day of hate posting.
Dave is at it again

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Whitesboros Abusive COs wrote:
More tax free call centers. Utica is open for business!
It's 1:30PM and the rashed wonder Dave Smith crawled out of bed at noon to begin his productive day of hate posting and has been at it for 1.5 hours.
Dave is at it again

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

<quoted text>
Tax free call centers that won't even open for 24-36 months! Lol
It's 1:30PM and the rashed wonder Dave Smith crawled out of bed at noon to begin his productive day of hate posting and has been at it for 1.5 hours.
Dave goes wild

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Miss out on utica? Hahahaha
Up at the crack of noon and hating for 5 hours straight!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Comet's schedule just out ! 15 min Boo hoo 11
Finally A Utica Explaination 20 min Douchiest ppl on ... 13
utica aud 27 min Comets Welfare Lu... 107
Downtown Albany free Thurs night concert series (Jul '11) 41 min Who is Joe B 10
Robert BobbyO Oliveria 45 min Broadway Newport 11
Police out of control again! (Jul '11) 55 min Who Cares 15
Ten Most Dangerous Jobs In The United States. (Jun '12) 1 hr Tomato Pie 18
Utica & Oneida County's Hotel Scam 4 hr Orbitz 23
How's the food at Rassberrys ? 4 hr smith pac 11
Wegmans on the move 8 hr False 9
the finger bullet (Jan '09) 10 hr runner 41
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••