Seven jobs lost at Northern safety

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
chutica

Manlius, NY

#2 Dec 11, 2008
whoever got "eliminated" probably was given a favor. I've been hearing bad things about Northern Safety for months now. It's a shame too, that company used to pride themselves on treating employees well.
Joke

Manlius, NY

#3 Dec 12, 2008
I heard it was more, they said seven to make it seem better. Classy, two weeks before Christmas!
Arcuri Escargot

Tully, NY

#4 Dec 12, 2008
Don't worry though. I am sure that they'll continue to give Michael Arcuri lots of campaign donations. Mike's support is secure. Relax.
wow

United States

#5 Dec 12, 2008
i always thought they were going to do everything they could to avoid layoffs. working in a corporate environment sure does sounds fair and fun!
Joe the employee

United States

#6 Dec 13, 2008
It's 40 people and the rest will be working 4 day work weeks. Sal has to pay for his jet, wife and girlfriend and Florida home.
Stephen

Manlius, NY

#8 Dec 13, 2008
wow wrote:
i always thought they were going to do everything they could to avoid layoffs. working in a corporate environment sure does sounds fair and fun!
Yeah I thought the same. Also thought they were the "up and coming" company? What positions did they lay off?
former employee

Cicero, NY

#9 Dec 13, 2008
I spent the lasy 3.5 years working there, only to be let go several weeks before Christmas. The company was more than generous w/ the severance I was given. They could have had me work until the end of the year only to let me go anyway.
NSC did what they had to do in order to continue to prosper.
In my case, it was a favor. I had been working in a department that has weak leadership and only covers their own asses...my former "team leader" has even been known to get a little shut eye @ his desk.
HopeEnough

New York, NY

#10 Dec 13, 2008
I wonder if the owner threw his $40,000 christmas party this year
Someone who knows

Rogersville, TN

#13 Dec 13, 2008
Of course he did. The company has always invested in its people and will continue to do so! In these times would you rather lose all of the jobs.
even the NFL let 10% of it workforce go, read the papers! This will always be a strong community based company regardless of what some ignorant people thin!
albert

Sherrill, NY

#14 Dec 13, 2008
Sam wrote:
Who go the ax?
UTICA — Northern Safety Co. Inc. in Frankfort is eliminating seven positions, company Human Resources Director Tammy Marchese said.
“We realigned responsibilities and seven positions were eliminated,” she said.
The distributor of safety and industrial products employs 320 people at its Frankfort corporate headquarters, and no additional layoffs are planned, she said.
“Despite the recession, we did grow in 2008, and added 10 positions at our Houston, Texas, location,” she said.
what ever happened to ronnie
joe the hoe

New York, NY

#15 Dec 13, 2008
If you know Sal then you know he is a hard worker you are just jealous of his friends and faimly.
BPS1

Rome, NY

#16 Dec 13, 2008
Did any of you knuckleheads thinks that business might be slow because of the recession?
Stephen

Manlius, NY

#17 Dec 13, 2008
Sam wrote:
Waht apart this part?
Despite the recession, we did grow in 2008, and added 10 positions at our Houston, Texas, location,” she said.
Added 10 in Houston, and took away more than that in the Frankfort location. The location where Sal stated would always be the home base of Northern Safety? Yes, lets axe the local people to add more in Houston! Sounds like he stuck to his roots.
joe the hoe

New York, NY

#19 Dec 13, 2008
O shut your f*****g trap as*hole!
BPS1

Rome, NY

#20 Dec 13, 2008
People in TN got laid off as well.
I Know

AOL

#21 Dec 13, 2008
Mikey Carusos been looking for a job there. He couldn't get in Granny's.
Stephen

Manlius, NY

#22 Dec 17, 2008
BPS1 wrote:
Did any of you knuckleheads thinks that business might be slow because of the recession?
Did you think that business might be slow due to other reasons, and they used to recession as their excuse?
BPS1

Rome, NY

#23 Dec 17, 2008
Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you think that business might be slow due to other reasons, and they used to recession as their excuse?
It doesn't matter why. It just is. None was forced to take a job there.
Eat Em and Smile

New York, NY

#24 Dec 17, 2008
Stop blaming the private sector. Sadly,
business owners are being stifled by useless laws, fees, regulations, and costs of doing business that are out of control. Start blaming our polititians. They are the root cause!
hydoponic pot

Clinton, NY

#25 Dec 17, 2008
Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Time for them to return to the business that provided them the funds to start Northern Safety.

The family pot business. Talk about laundering drug money.

Giveme some weed man

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More threats 5 min Utica 1
mike lynch and karen 21 min Your son 5
Slice pizzeria 25 min Mike 2
Joette Mancuso 37 min Fact 35
Work On Aud Improvements 39 min An Even Better Bu... 428
Salintino take down your signs 40 min Snowytino 7
NH online is locked down 1 hr Fact 8
Kelly Uvanni or the Summitt car girl? 4 hr No Batman Costume... 20
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 4 hr Scotts Smirk Slapped 704
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 6 hr JUST gettin started 98