Worst Mayor Ever?
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
holycrapola

Camillus, NY

#2 Mar 4, 2011
What are you stupid? Everyone knows Roefaro is THE WORST Mayor!
yickyak

Utica, NY

#3 Mar 4, 2011
LaPolla. No question about it!

“Let's get our city back!!!!”

Level 1

Since: Jan 11

utica

#4 Mar 4, 2011
Lapolla was bad roefaro is 2

Level 1

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5 Mar 4, 2011
Well I'm Italian and a democrat and been involved in politics in the past. Didn't the voters have any clue that once the Italian dems got any power at all, they would make up for lost time and rape the city and its citizens. City Hall is a sad joke now! And who can stop it?
Newcomer

Neversink, NY

#7 Mar 5, 2011
I have to disagree on LaPolla.My parents inform me he was re-elected 5 times so the public did accept him.He held down taxes and created the Business Park.He was accessible.The worst mayor without exception is Roefaro.
holycrapola

Camillus, NY

#8 Mar 5, 2011
Newcomer wrote:
I have to disagree on LaPolla.My parents inform me he was re-elected 5 times so the public did accept him.He held down taxes and created the Business Park.He was accessible.The worst mayor without exception is Roefaro.
It's funny how many people forget that LaPolla ws re-elected 5 times. One point though Roefaro was never easliy accessible to the public unless you're giving him the business at his funeral home. Roefaro is the worst ever. Guess what Mr Roefaro. you're a one term mayor and you WILL NOT win re-election - even on your worst day!
Astonishing

Herkimer, NY

#9 Mar 5, 2011
Roefaro has not been accessible unless you're a part of the friends and family plan.

He is without a doubt, by far, the worst mayor in the history of Utica. Name any other mayor in Utica's history that anybody tried to get recalled? None, except Roefaro. He is even worse than Hanna was on Hanna's worst days. The lawsuits against the city during Roefaro's term are still piling up and now he is the subject of a federal lawsuit that involved murder. Yup, because Roefaro was so hasty in picking La Bella to be chief, both are now simmering in a lawsuit stew because of the Longo murder-suicide.

And for all the faults Pylman brought when he was chief, at least he had qualifications. What did La Bella have? The guy barely passed a sergeant's exam after taking it several times. And he never held a sergeant's position. And he should be chief? And the chief's test he took and passed was the equivalent to a sergeant's test for a larger City PD like Utica. The test he passed was on par with his qualifications, and maybe he could be chief in NY Mills, but not Utica.

I hope Dave and Dan burn for the Longo case.
Senior Resident

Neversink, NY

#10 Mar 5, 2011
Lou LaPolla was visible in the community.He was like DeStito everywhere.He had to deal with a council of wanna--bee mayors.The council should have embraced his plan to place the public safety building on the site of the old Boston Store.It may have saved downtown.He never employed his family as Roefaro does.He served his community well.
old timer

Utica, NY

#11 Mar 5, 2011
Vance wrote:
?
hands down it had to be either assaro or pawlinga
old timer

Utica, NY

#12 Mar 5, 2011
Vance wrote:
?
also who was the mayor that gave the county control of the utica water board ./ that was the lamest mayor of all times . it was the only thing the city ownwd that made money year after year
Astonishing

Herkimer, NY

#13 Mar 5, 2011
old timer wrote:
<quoted text>also who was the mayor that gave the county control of the utica water board ./ that was the lamest mayor of all times . it was the only thing the city ownwd that made money year after year
I think that might have happened under Hanna, after La Polla was done.
Coop

Rome, NY

#14 Mar 5, 2011
Drive around the streets of the city and then give your answer. Streets and housing conditions the two conerstones of a city have never been as poor and detteriorated as they are now. Social/cultural conditions are worse.

“Let's get our city back!!!!”

Level 1

Since: Jan 11

utica

#15 Mar 5, 2011
Newcomer wrote:
I have to disagree on LaPolla.My parents inform me he was re-elected 5 times so the public did accept him.He held down taxes and created the Business Park.He was accessible.The worst mayor without exception is Roefaro.
people make mistakes ...we voted roefaro

“Let's get our city back!!!!”

Level 1

Since: Jan 11

utica

#16 Mar 5, 2011
Senior Resident wrote:
Lou LaPolla was visible in the community.He was like DeStito everywhere.He had to deal with a council of wanna--bee mayors.The council should have embraced his plan to place the public safety building on the site of the old Boston Store.It may have saved downtown.He never employed his family as Roefaro does.He served his community well.
he was visible....that means its ok the money he stole? how many streets got paved in lapollas time? i can name roefaros

“Let's get our city back!!!!”

Level 1

Since: Jan 11

utica

#17 Mar 5, 2011
Coop wrote:
Drive around the streets of the city and then give your answer. Streets and housing conditions the two conerstones of a city have never been as poor and detteriorated as they are now. Social/cultural conditions are worse.
not defending dave but that all didnt happen in 3 years
wake up people

Herkimer, NY

#18 Mar 5, 2011
They all suck and they're sucking the life out of this city. We need young innovative leaders like Mike Zane to inject energy and optimism into a this once beautiful city. Everyone complains how our best and brightest keep leaving but are then relunctant to embrace true talent when they're willing to stay and make a difference.

Join the Mike Zane for mayor movement. We can't afford to waste more years with the status quo.
hhhiii

Rome, NY

#19 Mar 5, 2011
Bruce Lyon!!! Dolgeville mayor, stole grant money and gave it to his son for his home and hired his other son as the contractor.
Astonishing

Herkimer, NY

#20 Mar 5, 2011
Mike Cerminaro wrote:
<quoted text>he was visible....that means its ok the money he stole? how many streets got paved in lapollas time? i can name roefaros
La Polla didn't steal anything.
Sam

Rome, NY

#21 Mar 5, 2011
old timer wrote:
<quoted text>hands down it had to be either assaro or pawlinga
Dominick Assaro 1968 - 71
And the mayor now will be out of business
in two years after he leaves office
Labella Supporter

Syracuse, NY

#23 Mar 5, 2011
Give Danny the chance to show Utica that he can run Utica the right way. Vote Labella for Mayor!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cover up at OCJ 3 hr Undersheriff 10
fem voice MARIOPUSS E VERTUCCI PASALINA 4 hr Lampoon 3
Frank Pelli wrong for north Utica no community ... 4 hr Sam I am 32
Liz Paul druggie daughter arrested again 4 hr Conking 2
Prostitution bust 4 hr your mother 82
Kayliegh TAZZ Hanna's "Nano Job" application! 4 hr Jim Martin Design... 26
james buswell 4 hr nope 3
Family court race 5 hr Just the facts ma... 42

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages