Blondie

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

I'm thinking of getting healthy. What is best gym and why? What is the best way to lose weight??
PFguy

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Blondie wrote:
I'm thinking of getting healthy. What is best gym and why? What is the best way to lose weight??
Meet me at PF blondie.. I'll work you out good!
Prattlesnake

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

Try Fitness Mill. Not as many cardio machines, but they have an okay variety of equipment. I don't think there is any REALLY good gyms around here... just some really bad ones.

As for losing weight... I feel it's 60% diet, 20% exercise, 20% sleep/stress. Find the diet that fits, and don't be afraid of getting out of your comfort zone. Some people say "moderation in everything" in terms of eating, but sometimes moderation is what will sabotage you.

Exercise... cardio,[heavy!!!] weights, and core. Two hours a day. Do your sets until you're on the verge of vomiting. Push yourself to the limit... just don't get a sprain.

Increasing sleep and reducing stress? Don't date in Utica. Ever.

EVER.
Blondie

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Prattlesnake wrote:
Try Fitness Mill. Not as many cardio machines, but they have an okay variety of equipment. I don't think there is any REALLY good gyms around here... just some really bad ones.

As for losing weight... I feel it's 60% diet, 20% exercise, 20% sleep/stress. Find the diet that fits, and don't be afraid of getting out of your comfort zone. Some people say "moderation in everything" in terms of eating, but sometimes moderation is what will sabotage you.

Exercise... cardio,[heavy!!!] weights, and core. Two hours a day. Do your sets until you're on the verge of vomiting. Push yourself to the limit... just don't get a sprain.

Increasing sleep and reducing stress? Don't date in Utica. Ever.

EVER.
Thank you very much for your intelligent input. I'll go check that place out . Do you know if they also have classes?
Prattlesnake

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Yes. If you have a membership, classes are free. Zumba, hip hop cardio, pilates, yoga, etc. The schedule is here:
http://www.thefitnessmillny.com/groupxercises...

If you only go for classes, you can use the gym for the rest of the day.

Another place is Studio 55. You pay for the days you go via a ticket system. Some of my friends like going there instead:
http://www.functionbetter.com/studio55.html
MVCC

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

MVCC has the best gym I've been to anywhere. Very high tech.
Birnie Bus Man

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

MVCC wrote:
MVCC has the best gym I've been to anywhere. Very high tech.
SUNYIT has a sweet new fitness center and field house. Check it out- great public membership rates too. That;s where I go
Prattlesnake

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

I don't know about MVCC, but SUNYIT requires you to be an alumni or someone that's somehow related to an employee of SUNYIT (if you're not a student).

http://www.sunyit.edu/apps/weblog/...

http://www.sunyit.edu/home5/cmsfiles/favicon....

Unfortunately that requires you to pay Tuition, Alumni, and finally Fitness Membership fees if you're new to the area.

However, if Blondie is a SUNYIT graduate, that's great news because it amounts to basically $20/mo.
Toot

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Judged:

Fitness mill is full of wanna be wops
James

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

I don't think there really is a "best" gym as far as results are concerned. When it comes to getting in shape the only real secret that works is hard work. I personally have a membership at LA Fitness but I only chose them over other gyms because I got a good deal through a promotion they ran at my college. Before I signed a contract though I got a pull up and band set like this

http://exerciseprime.com/all-products/pubs/ch...

And worked out for about two months consistently at home. I knew that if I had enough dedication to choose to work out while my TV and bed were in the next room calling out to me then I would have the willpower to get in shape. I would recommend you do something similar before contractually obligating yourself to pay for something you want to but may not use.
Blubber No More

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

P90x got me ripped. No I can take Karate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

234 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Upstate NY People: ]\[YGGERS"! 2 min ALLDAY ON WEFARE REGGI N 22
what PART OF AFRICA HAS THE SOFTEST BABYS 3 min ALLDAY ON WEFARE REGGI N 9
be safe KFC BUCKET LAUNCHER ON SALE 3 min ALLDAY ON WEFARE REGGI N 12
Sloppy Jos Pizza (Jan '14) 5 min joe2013 7
The Forum Racist Is Off From Work 9 min Bobby O Lies and Riggies 1
the racist and hater riggie bigmouth 12 min Bobby O Lies and Riggies 8
Cretin and Cliffy Are Unhinged for Feces 12 min ALL DAY ON WEFARE GROG 125
Taylor and crook 25 min need a friend 60
•••