Oil companies making Billions!!
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
why

Camillus, NY

#44 Jul 28, 2013
ahhhh....them bonds and stocks are finally beginning to pay off...
Land of analphabetism

United States

#45 Jul 28, 2013
teo wrote:
Da Law,
It does seem that Lisa is cutting and pasting from some lefty propagandist's screed. I get the feeling that she is a college student who has had her brain scrambled by the agitprop that passes for education these days. A friend's granddaughter is in her junior year in high school and one of her textbooks is Howard Zinn's incredibly awful "A People's History of the United States".
Zinn's communist take on American history is being use in a public school!
It is obvious that Lisa has gone through a thorough indoctrination into the leftist view of the world.
Lisa,
As was suggested before perhaps you should walk more or take public transportation to relieve your burden.
Or maybe take a basic business or economics course to learn how markets work. It might be a nice addition to your "Womyn's Studies" major.
Excellent post but I'm sure it was lost on 98% of the people who read it. They'd rather resent and work against anyone who did anything for themselves or invested a few dollars in the market. This is far far above the values and virtues they teach in "Sports Career College" and High Schools there.
I can't think of anyplace in the US where the people are so systemically stupid and so envious or astonished by shiny things.
Hmmm

New York, NY

#46 Jul 28, 2013
Obama got rich from the sale of his books... Please stop killing our trees!!

Barack Obama earned his net worth primarily from the sales of his books The Audacity of Hope and Dreams of my Father. Barack's wallet began to expand after his much praised keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention that marked his explosion onto the national conscience. As Obama's profile rose, so did sales of his 1995 book "Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance". In 2005, the Obama's income grew from around $200,000 to a combined $1.7 million! In 2006 the Obamas reported income of $916,000. Barack's second book "Audacity of Hope", released in October 2006, was a massive hit, selling millions of copies and rocketing the Obama's income to $4.2 million in 2007! Their income continued to swell in the following years thanks to Barack's 2008 successful campaign and election. To this day, Barack Obama earns $3.75 for every hardcover copy and $1.12 for every paperback he sells.

The Obama Family Income History:

■2000:$240,000
■2001:$272,759
■2002:$259,394
■2003:$238,327
■2004:$207,647
■2005:$1,655,106
■2006:$983,826
■2007:$4,139,965
■2008:$2,656,902
■2009:$5,505,409
■2010:$1,728,096
■2011:$789,674
■2012:$662,076
Total:$19,225,070
Land of analphabetism

United States

#47 Jul 28, 2013
Lisa wrote:
So keep defending them my friends, you will never convince me to believe you.
Deal. You will never convince me to willingly support, feed and subsidize you. Go open yourself a TD Ameritrade Acct and drop $1000 on some investments that you research yourself for the same time you spent here. In a few months you start getting checks see how it works? Then, Lisa, you can spend the money on gas and things and not have to whine like a Radio Shack Free Battery of the Month Member.
Nobody subsidized my school or first car or house. It's called doing your own legwork and earning yourself a cash deal life.

When we were kids mom never said we didn't have enough money for something she'd show us ways to go MAKE the money we wanted.

Crying will never change anything it just makes you one of the leaches stop expecting everyone to hand you a crutch instead of resenting people who don't mind paying for fuel because they just go earn more. I doubt "Mark Zuckerberg" is upset about what you pay for gas because he just earned more.

See how simple this is?
STFU

Herkimer, NY

#48 Jul 28, 2013
Land of analphabetism wrote:
<quoted text>Deal. You will never convince me to willingly support, feed and subsidize you. Go open yourself a TD Ameritrade Acct and drop $1000 on some investments that you research yourself for the same time you spent here. In a few months you start getting checks see how it works? Then, Lisa, you can spend the money on gas and things and not have to whine like a Radio Shack Free Battery of the Month Member.
Nobody subsidized my school or first car or house. It's called doing your own legwork and earning yourself a cash deal life.
When we were kids mom never said we didn't have enough money for something she'd show us ways to go MAKE the money we wanted.
Crying will never change anything it just makes you one of the leaches stop expecting everyone to hand you a crutch instead of resenting people who don't mind paying for fuel because they just go earn more. I doubt "Mark Zuckerberg" is upset about what you pay for gas because he just earned more.
See how simple this is?
What the fu#k are you talking about dude! I didn't see one post where Lisa was whining or looking for a free handout. She proved corporate greed, go back and read you moron, and shut your hole!!
Land of analphabetism

United States

#49 Jul 28, 2013
STFU wrote:
<quoted text>
What the fu#k are you talking about dude! I didn't see one post where Lisa was whining or looking for a free handout. She proved corporate greed, go back and read you moron, and shut your hole!!
Wow extra credit for you for being extra retarded. Her whole point is taxing the profit retard that means she and her liberal nobody friends are looking to keep our money. You should stfu yourself if you have to have that explained to ya.
Land of analphabetism

United States

#51 Jul 28, 2013
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey alphabet! You got subsidized by blowing yer college boys so they could stop bugging for the thousands you blew on beer instead of an education. Grow up. There is no intelligent life here. Only us trolls. Move along douche bag. Nothing to see here.
What a retarded halfwit attempt at a "witty" reply! At least you were right about the "Nothing to see there in utica" part loser.
Sucks when you're the butt of every joke doesn't it?
Bern

Utica, NY

#52 Jul 29, 2013
Lisa's a commie. If this was 1950, she'd be shipped out of the USA. Get lost commie.

Level 3

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#53 Jul 29, 2013
Lisa wrote:
Wow guys, REALLY!!! So I post the facts that back up my original post, and nobody can agree with me. They oppose action that would save consumers at the pump because it would cut into their profits. But according to you guys, that's not corporate greed. They spent millions backing candidates that support oil tax breaks, but that's not a greedy agenda, give me a break!! They don't give a shit about us, their to busy counting their money. They can do something to help us, but they clearly choose not to!! So keep defending them my friends, you will never convince me to believe you.
Nor will you convince any of us to side with you. Rant on. And don't forget to update your Facebook page.

Level 3

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#54 Jul 29, 2013
STFU wrote:
<quoted text>
Lisa hasn't proven a thing. And all you've added to the discussion is trash.
cormac

United States

#55 Jul 29, 2013
Lisa,

Tapping the "Strategic Oil Reserves" is one of the most nonsensical things you have posted on this thread.

Firstly it is not there to lower the price of petroleum to consumers. It is there in case some national catastrophe disrupts the fuel supply such as war, national disaster, emergency etc. hence the "strategic" part of its name.

Secondly, there isn't enough petroleum in the reserves to lower the price at the pump and it would still need to be refined, shipped etc.

Thirdly any petroleum removed would have to be replaced at future prices which probably will be more expensive than the cost of current stores.

I guess if you think that the US should release the reserves so that you can tool around on a whim to do whatever it is you do and to hell with any strategic concerns because you don't understand basic economics nor national security.

The next thing that I'm sure you'll say is that "We need to tax the oil companies to punish them for their "greed". Of course since you really, really do not understand economics 101 you think that oil companies will pay this tax/penalty and that will teach them a lesson. But anyone who runs a business (and it is obvious that you don't) will just pass along the tax/penalty to the customer because it is overhead, the cost of doing business.

And in the end You and I will end up paying higher prices for the petroleum we consume. Businesses do not pay taxes, their customers do.

So obviously you think you have all the answers but instead you just transcribe talking points from some illogical, emotional screed from a leftist website that you seem to hold in high regard.

Do yourself and everyone a favor take a basic econ course or short of that you might want to pick up a copy of Thomas Sowell's terrific and easily understandable book "Basic economics.
cormac

United States

#56 Jul 29, 2013
Lisa,

It is very nice that Zuckerberg donated money to a left wing foundation. Perhaps he can fund some more of that fine education that you have received. He has also donated access to all the information on all his "customers" to the federal government and the National Security Administration.

That was really nice of him now wasn't it?

Everything you have ever put up on "Facebook" just laid bare to bureaucrats and snoops. Perhaps you could write him a thank you card for giving away any and all of your personal information that he owns.

Honestly it saddens me to no end to see how our education system has been degraded by people such as yourself. Although you may not be at fault because obviously you are a product of that degraded education system.

It still doesn't excuse your silly opinions.
Land of analphabetism

United States

#57 Jul 29, 2013
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey alphabet! You got subsidized by blowing yer college boys so they could stop bugging for the thousands you blew on beer instead of an education. Grow up. There is no intelligent life here. Only us trolls. Move along douche bag. Nothing to see here.
Nice try idiot I don't drink and never really have. Sorry I'm not from CNY my values are a little stronger than yours if that's what you seriously think most students do in college.

Typical upstate scumass reply when the truth burns.

It truly is all they know. I would really like to see them in a negotiation process.

Outsider " I think it's only worth 1.1 million"

Typical utican " well you're a loser and your fat wh ore mother is on welfare so go give a rim job to another black you homo".

Now go play baseball and work on your "ball career" utican loser.
Land of analphabetism

United States

#58 Jul 29, 2013
cormac wrote:
Honestly it saddens me to no end to see how our education system has been degraded by people such as yourself. Although you may not be at fault because obviously you are a product of that degraded education system.
It still doesn't excuse your silly opinions.
This is what they deserve to live in. If they're that fcking goat stupid they should stay there in povertyland NY and suckass at the government job or welfare teat.

I used to try to help these dirtbags but seriously nothing is so repulsive as "arrogant" and "ignorant" mixed.

She's all enamored with the "zillions" Obama's books made but forgot Obama spent 17 trillion so far. Don't do anything but shit on new york people and help them stay right where they are because like Texas they all move out and then magically try all that ignorant government job love and welfare liberal democrat bullshit in the next state.
Let them all rot right the fk where they are watching their fat stupid toadchildren fight on baseball fields over "bragging rights" for a game of chance and a rubber fkn trophy for the front window of their mobile home.
Cretin Alert

Gouverneur, NY

#59 Jul 29, 2013
Land of analphabetism wrote:
<quoted text>This is what they deserve to live in. If they're that fcking goat stupid they should stay there in povertyland NY and suckass at the government job or welfare teat.
I used to try to help these dirtbags but seriously nothing is so repulsive as "arrogant" and "ignorant" mixed.
She's all enamored with the "zillions" Obama's books made but forgot Obama spent 17 trillion so far. Don't do anything but shit on new york people and help them stay right where they are because like Texas they all move out and then magically try all that ignorant government job love and welfare liberal democrat bullshit in the next state.
Let them all rot right the fk where they are watching their fat stupid toadchildren fight on baseball fields over "bragging rights" for a game of chance and a rubber fkn trophy for the front window of their mobile home.
Warning: The self proclaimed moron, Cretin, is posting above.
The facts

Herkimer, NY

#61 Jul 30, 2013
It's really interesting how everyone who posts thinks their opinion is right and leaves no possibility that they could be wrong. Remember people, it's just ''YOUR OPINION'', and just because you express it, doesn't mean it's right. There is greed everywhere you look including yourself, or should I say ourselves. How many of us live beyond our means when we could live on less and help others? I dare say it's most people in the world. Have a good day!!
Lisa

Herkimer, NY

#62 Jul 30, 2013
The facts wrote:
It's really interesting how everyone who posts thinks their opinion is right and leaves no possibility that they could be wrong. Remember people, it's just ''YOUR OPINION'', and just because you express it, doesn't mean it's right. There is greed everywhere you look including yourself, or should I say ourselves. How many of us live beyond our means when we could live on less and help others? I dare say it's most people in the world. Have a good day!!
Thanks so much for that post, that's what I meant but people here are to busy degrading me and acting like business wizards to get the simple point. The world is changing and it's not for the better. Thanks again.
Obamination

Utica, NY

#63 Jul 30, 2013
Here is the FACT, the biggest profiteer of the high price of gas and oil is GOVERNMENT. TAXES make up 70 cents per gallon of gas.
Lars

Herkimer, NY

#64 Jul 30, 2013
The ROTHCHILD FAMILY and the ILLUMINATI. This goes far beyond Democrat or Republican. Google it. Even if 50% is true, we're all in the same boat. Educate yourselves, Please!! The Rothchild family owns over half of the planets networth. Don't be fooled by their multiple diversions. Try to see beyond the programming.
BS

Madison, NY

#65 Jul 30, 2013
Lars wrote:
The ROTHCHILD FAMILY and the ILLUMINATI. This goes far beyond Democrat or Republican. Google it. Even if 50% is true, we're all in the same boat. Educate yourselves, Please!! The Rothchild family owns over half of the planets networth. Don't be fooled by their multiple diversions. Try to see beyond the programming.
......and that has what to do with this discussion ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 2 min Mule 40
Is Bill Keeler the real deal ? 4 min Mule 41
Clifford Fuel 2 hr millions of miles 14
Local Politics Do you approve of Claudia Tenney as State Assem... (Oct '11) 3 hr Eleanor 59
USC: Not the Place For Me 4 hr Grace 3
Fitness Mill 5 hr Hillary 6
Who is Sarah millan? 5 hr Jenn 6
Hey Slut Leave Him Alone 8 hr Get it right 13
Whitesboro cops and teachers who cheat 10 hr Hot for teacher 3
Home and Car Robberies 10 hr WOW 21
Francos, North Utica (Jun '11) 10 hr Heather 85

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages