Oil companies making Billions!!

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lisa

Herkimer, NY

#1 Jul 22, 2013
While we pay close to four bucks a gallon. Yet another example of corporate greed. When will the average person stop paying the price for everything?????
Tuth

Utica, NY

#2 Jul 22, 2013
You should complain that much about taxes. Especially New York State taxes and the unions that cause them to be so high.

At least the oil companies are producing something useful and working for the money they make.
justice

Utica, NY

#3 Jul 22, 2013
Oil companies provide jobs for thousands and thousands of Americans. Do you? Maybe it's time to educate yourself on who exactly is the enemy. You have to look no further than the people in Washington.
Eric

Utica, NY

#4 Jul 22, 2013
Blaming oil companies is what people do when they want to sound smart. Emphasis on the word "sound".
who cares

Cold Brook, NY

#5 Jul 22, 2013
How's that rock you've been sleeping under for the last 20 years? Every holiday, every summer the price goes up. They make excuses and not one of your elected officials does a G0D DARN thing. Why? Would you cut your throat defending the public or hold your hand out for "funding" for your campaigning? Just fill up and take it in the pipe.
Lisa wrote:
While we pay close to four bucks a gallon. Yet another example of corporate greed. When will the average person stop paying the price for everything?????
Lisa

Herkimer, NY

#6 Jul 22, 2013
Lisa wrote:
It's obvious my intelligence is far superior than those who responded so far. Go eat your dinner and spend time with your families.
laughing

Utica, NY

#7 Jul 22, 2013
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious my intelligence is far superior than those who responded so far. Go eat your dinner and spend time with your families.
Yes I'm sure it is Lisa. I'm sure we are all very impressed by someone who scream "the oil companies are the devil!!" Takes a lot of intelligence to say something like that. Lots of research went into your statement I'm sure. Hahahahaha.
hahaa

Mechanicville, NY

#8 Jul 22, 2013
So is Warren Buffet,and samsung and all the leaders of the countries we our govnt. sends to them. little or no aid gets to the people in hati or anywhere eles these dictators rule. You want to complian about oil companies and ignor the horrors that liberals create. Obama has cuased this. You are a usefull idiot to beilive all his propaganda.
Lisa wrote:
poor you

Utica, NY

#9 Jul 22, 2013
Another day, another moron. Vote Republican next time. Things might turn around for you.
Lisa

Herkimer, NY

#10 Jul 22, 2013
It's getting obvious to me, that you men on here are getting uncomfortable that a lady has a brain that outweighs yours.
Lisa

Herkimer, NY

#11 Jul 22, 2013
Actual facts!!

According to their earnings reports released today, the big five oil companies—BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil, and Shell—earned a combined $30.2 billion during the first quarter of 2013, or $331 million per day. Cumulatively, Big Oil profits were 6 percent lower than the first quarter of 2012 due to lower gasoline and oil prices, but these companies still earned a combined $229,832 every minute from January through March. This is more than what 95 percent of American households earn in an entire year.
Lisa

Herkimer, NY

#12 Jul 22, 2013
In case you guys can't comprehend, even when their profits are only 6 percent lower, they still make about 230,000 dollars every minute!! That's two hundred thirty thousand dollars a minute, in case you can't comprehend high numbers.
cormac

United States

#13 Jul 22, 2013
I blame George W. Bush because everything is his fault.

Just ask the current administration because they would never lie about anything ever.
Da Law

New York, NY

#14 Jul 22, 2013
Lisa wrote:
Actual facts!!
According to their earnings reports released today, the big five oil companies—BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil, and Shell—earned a combined $30.2 billion during the first quarter of 2013, or $331 million per day. Cumulatively, Big Oil profits were 6 percent lower than the first quarter of 2012 due to lower gasoline and oil prices, but these companies still earned a combined $229,832 every minute from January through March. This is more than what 95 percent of American households earn in an entire year.
You do realize that those privately owned oil companies have an average profit margin of only 6.5%, right? That translates into roughly 9 cents per gallon. A trivial amount considering the amount of work and investment that goes into manufacturing a gallon of gasoline.

In comparison, New York residents pay 69 cents a gallon in taxes, including the Federal 18.4 cent tax.
Da Law

New York, NY

#15 Jul 22, 2013
Lisa wrote:
In case you guys can't comprehend, even when their profits are only 6 percent lower, they still make about 230,000 dollars every minute!! That's two hundred thirty thousand dollars a minute, in case you can't comprehend high numbers.
And State and Federal governments make multiples of that every minute from gasoline taxes.

What's your point, exactly?
haha

Mechanicville, NY

#16 Jul 23, 2013
New York state makes more off a gallon of gas than the oil companies make per gallon, do your homework honey and stop demonizing success, our govnt. are bigger crooks than any oil company.
Lisa wrote:
gas guzzler

Gouverneur, NY

#17 Jul 23, 2013
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Lisa are you kidding. This is basic supply and demand and basic economics. Also with 60 or so different blends of gasoline in the country and fewer refineries, the odds are stacked against us.The different blends can not be sold in different states.
One blend would immediately lower the price. Oil companies are like the state and federal govt, they each get a percentage of the cost of gas and the higher the cost to the consumer the more they make.
LOL

Utica, NY

#18 Jul 23, 2013
Lisa shut her ignorant piehole real quick when faced with facts. Lol.
Lisa

Herkimer, NY

#19 Jul 23, 2013
LOL wrote:
Lisa shut her ignorant piehole real quick when faced with facts. Lol.
I wasn't going to reply anymore because of the diminutive comprehension displayed by you guys, and the treat a little girl is out smarting you. The simple fact is, oil company's are profiting close to $4,000 per second to break it down even further. But according to you guys, that's not corporate greed.
Da Law

New York, NY

#20 Jul 23, 2013
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't going to reply anymore because of the diminutive comprehension displayed by you guys, and the treat a little girl is out smarting you. The simple fact is, oil company's are profiting close to $4,000 per second to break it down even further. But according to you guys, that's not corporate greed.
And both State and Federal government is reaping a tax benefit 2X to 5X that. Every second.

Please, tell me more about "greed".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Places for tomato pie? 15 min Jeff 10
Beware! Christy Thomas has herpes 19 min Jeff 1
Cops Speeding 25 min Craig 44
Urban Dictionary for Utica, NY (May '10) 42 min Utica Poseurs 16
Tenney 43 min Stanislavsky 18
Whitesboro/NH Sports 50 min Utica 3
Why Are All Teachers Failures? 53 min Truth 8
notre dame whitesboro game 1 hr proctor senior 38
teddy talerico good hes dead 5 hr GUTLESS UPD SQUIR... 6
The U P D cover-up 5 hr GUTLESS UPD SQUIR... 47