Tax Payers will be Paying for Funera...

Tax Payers will be Paying for Funeral service for young man killed at 2J's

Posted in the Utica Forum

Pete

Utica, NY

#1 Jan 20, 2014
This young mans mom has no money, He has no money ( Drug money does not count ).
and if you think his mom will get a loan for a Funeral. Think again, So this is what will happen, Some form of money will come from HARD working tax payers, to bury this young man,
Oneida county welfare is doing more harm to this county.
evensteven

Carthage, NY

#2 Jan 20, 2014
Pete, lets just leave him in the street, or get a blue bag? You know how many the county buries each month?
Hmmm

Blossvale, NY

#3 Jan 20, 2014
I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure county will only pay for a pine box in an unmarked grave. Church and calling hours are not necessities. That's family responsibility.
Pete

Utica, NY

#4 Jan 20, 2014
evensteven wrote:
Pete, lets just leave him in the street, or get a blue bag? You know how many the county buries each month?
If you are a working class person, and a love one dies, You only have a one thing you can do get a loan for the funeral, and pay it back.,

Point is people wonder WHY taxes are so high in this county Unions are only a small part of this problem. Welfare is the big problem in this county, HEAP, Free rides to and from Doctor appointments . free cell phones, ETC.
Pete

Utica, NY

#5 Jan 20, 2014
Hmmm wrote:
I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure county will only pay for a pine box in an unmarked grave. Church and calling hours are not necessities. That's family responsibility.
Funeral Payment Limits

The maximum amount the state will pay for the funeral home portion and the cemetery portion of a public assistance funeral appears below. The third column combines the two amounts and represents the maximum amount the state will pay for the complete funeral (funeral and cemetery portions).

"Allowable Supplementation" is the amount family and friends can add to the combined maximum amount before the state will reduce its payment proportionately. The last column shows the maximum amount the state will pay for a public assistance funeral combined with the maximum amount the state will allow others to contribute.

Age Funeral Home Cemetery Combined Funeral
Home/Cemetery Allowable Supplementation Maximum Funeral/ Burial Costs

2 years+$2,246 $524 $2,770 $1,570 $4,340
1 wk –
2 yrs $1,684 $393 $2,078 $1,178 $3,256
Stillborn-
6 days $1,123 $262 $1,385 $785
$2,170
Hmmm

Blossvale, NY

#6 Jan 20, 2014
That's ridiculous! I can't believe the state would pay for anything more than necessity which is disposing of the body.
Sam

Utica, NY

#7 Jan 21, 2014
evensteven wrote:
To many for free, Oh I mean TAX payers money
Sam

Utica, NY

#8 Jan 22, 2014
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Funeral Payment Limits
The maximum amount the state will pay for the funeral home portion and the cemetery portion of a public assistance funeral appears below. The third column combines the two amounts and represents the maximum amount the state will pay for the complete funeral (funeral and cemetery portions).
"Allowable Supplementation" is the amount family and friends can add to the combined maximum amount before the state will reduce its payment proportionately. The last column shows the maximum amount the state will pay for a public assistance funeral combined with the maximum amount the state will allow others to contribute.
Age Funeral Home Cemetery Combined Funeral
Home/Cemetery Allowable Supplementation Maximum Funeral/ Burial Costs
2 years+$2,246 $524 $2,770 $1,570 $4,340
1 wk –
2 yrs $1,684 $393 $2,078 $1,178 $3,256
Stillborn-
6 days $1,123 $262 $1,385 $785
$2,170
Why Oneida County and Utica are paying high taxes
keys

Fulton, NY

#10 Jan 23, 2014
Pete wrote:
This young mans mom has no money, He has no money ( Drug money does not count ).
and if you think his mom will get a loan for a Funeral. Think again, So this is what will happen, Some form of money will come from HARD working tax payers, to bury this young man,
Oneida county welfare is doing more harm to this county.
yeah you know what the poor sucker will get a pine box that's what they give the poor.
locks

Glenfield, NY

#11 Jan 23, 2014
garbage disposal
agree

Utica, NY

#12 Jan 23, 2014
Hmmm wrote:
yeah adds up to about 850 dollars
hello

Utica, NY

#13 Jan 23, 2014
keys wrote:
<quoted text> yeah you know what the poor sucker will get a pine box that's what they give the poor.
would you rather we leave the body on the street? Or maybe it would be good if we put em in a gold box? Hey you wanna be a champ then anti up, buy him better than pine. Fcku my father was burried in pine because thats all we could afford, you get what you earn!
u r all dipshtz

Syracuse, NY

#14 Jan 23, 2014
what the municipalities contribute to dispose of the remains or cremains of the indigent is miniscule. they're placed in a "paper product container" (in other words a cardboard box), no coffin, no pine, no pretty lining, just a body bag in a box. cremains may go to a family member or remains buried in a county cemetery with nothing but a numbered marker. if you as a taxpayer are opposed to that or the small expense, what would you prefer? just put them to the curb on garbage day?
don't answer that.
noneya

Utica, NY

#15 Jan 23, 2014
BURN EM
Sam

Utica, NY

#17 Jan 23, 2014
chili wrote:
I suppose he should have gotten a public safety hero job, then the state would have paid to bury him in a golden mausoleum.
He has a job DRUG DEALER and he gets welfare AKA tax payers money, So he does nothing and get money.
locks

Glenfield, NY

#18 Jan 24, 2014
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a job DRUG DEALER and he gets welfare AKA tax payers money, So he does nothing and get money.
Fck beaches get money
asks

Herkimer, NY

#19 Jan 24, 2014
Hw was a heroin dealer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Easy bartenders 7 min Utica 13
K Rocks "The Show" 16 min well 2
Mayors $20,000 raise 18 min May or 23
House of Good Shepherd 1 hr Help is on the way 15
Frank Duross, all his teams, have failed. (Jun '13) 1 hr Dave 5
Raises for county politicians 1 hr Con artists 1
worst mens wigs 1 hr Ronald Reagan hair 17
Sam wessing 2 hr No Way 37
Affair outside bennu in whitesboro 9 hr UFD 31
Name A Hillary Clinton Accomplishment 12 hr Chicagoan by Birth 51