Pissed off customer

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

This is really just a heads up to let everyone know to stay away from Blu on Varick Street. I saw first hand 2 'bouncers' AND the owner kick out a man because he was mentally handicapped. Rather than helping this customer out and moving him somewhere that would be both more comfortable for him and 'out of the way' of others the owner thought it would be better to just force him to leave. I witnessed this man's friend state how upset he was and that it was not ok to make them both leave due to the inconvenience believed to be occurring!! The man looked in extreme agony when being helped out by his friend due to the rush being caused by the staff not to mention how embarrassed he must have felt!!
Having a family member with a mental disability I politely asked one bouncer and the owner why he was being told to leave (knowing exactly why) as he did not appear to be even slightly intoxicated - both responded "no he is not drunk, he has a mental handicap." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?
My friends and I immediately left the bar and we are all strongly suggesting to pass the word about this action and to give your money elsewhere!! The owner was a complete douchebag, 100% wrong and should be ashamed of his behavior. Not to mention the fact that he pushed two females out of his way in efforts to fight a male who simply stated how wrong he was.
PLEASE PASS THE WORD TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP!!!
harsh reality

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Pissed off customer wrote:
This is really just a heads up to let everyone know to stay away from Blu on Varick Street. I saw first hand 2 'bouncers' AND the owner kick out a man because he was mentally handicapped. Rather than helping this customer out and moving him somewhere that would be both more comfortable for him and 'out of the way' of others the owner thought it would be better to just force him to leave. I witnessed this man's friend state how upset he was and that it was not ok to make them both leave due to the inconvenience believed to be occurring!! The man looked in extreme agony when being helped out by his friend due to the rush being caused by the staff not to mention how embarrassed he must have felt!!
Having a family member with a mental disability I politely asked one bouncer and the owner why he was being told to leave (knowing exactly why) as he did not appear to be even slightly intoxicated - both responded "no he is not drunk, he has a mental handicap." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?
My friends and I immediately left the bar and we are all strongly suggesting to pass the word about this action and to give your money elsewhere!! The owner was a complete douchebag, 100% wrong and should be ashamed of his behavior. Not to mention the fact that he pushed two females out of his way in efforts to fight a male who simply stated how wrong he was.
The owners are there to make money. People who sit around and occupy space have no business being there. I'm not disagreeing with your insight concerning the owners behavior. However, this type of person could be a potential liability to a bar owner if a fight ever broke out etc. and the person lacked the ability to protect them self. Let's face it, a person with a severe handicap or cognitive issue really shouldn't be in a bar. Furthermore, given your description of how "genetically defective" this person was, you made my point. Other than trying to tarnish the business reputation, I don't think your going to garner much sympathy. Sorry!
shake that MoneyMaker

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

I'll bet if the "genetically defective", severely handicapped and cognitive issued individual was an teen looking adult hottie girl, she wouldn't be pushed out the door.
True

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

harsh reality wrote:
<quoted text>
The owners are there to make money. People who sit around and occupy space have no business being there. I'm not disagreeing with your insight concerning the owners behavior. However, this type of person could be a potential liability to a bar owner if a fight ever broke out etc. and the person lacked the ability to protect them self. Let's face it, a person with a severe handicap or cognitive issue really shouldn't be in a bar. Furthermore, given your description of how "genetically defective" this person was, you made my point. Other than trying to tarnish the business reputation, I don't think your going to garner much sympathy. Sorry!
why would they be in a bar is exactly right. Like you said the owners are there to make money and protect their business.That individual had no business being in that kind of environment!
Yeh ok

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Pissed off customer wrote:
Yeh Yeh Blah Blah Blah
reaper

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

The guy was drunk and the owner got him a ride home
Wrong

Framingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

reaper wrote:
The guy was drunk and the owner got him a ride home
Unfortunately that isn't the case... It is sad to see how poorly people are treated just for trying to feel normal...
ComeOn

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

I agree that some people should be assisted when necessary. On another note, there are instances when individuals need to be dealt with strongly. At sickenberger last night, a girl was using the porta-potty.. and some moron began shaking it violently while she was inside. She could have been injured. These people need to be tossed to the road, and it sometimes involves force as they are combative. If you've evern tried throwing someone out of an establishment, you will know that most do not go quitely. If you can't behave, time to hit the curb. Just an opinion.
reaper

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

The guy was drunk because i was there when it happened and helped walk him to the front and watched as the owner made sure he got a ride home
Wrong

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

reaper wrote:
The guy was drunk because i was there when it happened and helped walk him to the front and watched as the owner made sure he got a ride home
That's weird because I specifically asked the security and the owner if he was intoxicated and both replied "No" more specifically the security guy stated "he is ugh mentally handicapped" and the owner stated "he told me he wasn't comfortable in the chair"

If the owner was 100% morally right he would not have gotten so defensive, tried going after another male and push two females... Sorry
Absolutley Not True

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

My name is Tammy I work the door at Blu The person in question was helped out of the bar by the Blu Staff and Then the owner personally had the individual driven home in his car. This is totally a lie. I was there the UPD was there. Thats the facts. Period !!!
shawn

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Thank you tammy. We know the truth was there when it happened also
Wrong

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Absolutley Not True wrote:
My name is Tammy I work the door at Blu The person in question was helped out of the bar by the Blu Staff and Then the owner personally had the individual driven home in his car. This is totally a lie. I was there the UPD was there. Thats the facts. Period !!!
So, you could hear what I was told in the back all the way at the door? That is impressive!
YNOt

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

I di'nt realize that we had so many experts making posts on this topic. However, if this person was severely handicappeYes they should be treated with respect, that goes without saying but so of these posters have a point when they say that they they question why theey were there or who they were there with. There are plenty of places to feel normal and a bar on varick street is pretty far down on the list of normalcy. NOW, the bar itself is a good bar to be outside at. THe inside is a little tight and disorganized but they make the best of it. Not a bad place.
Mike S

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

I was there last nt, and saw everything while I was waiting forever to get my drink because the shitty bartender Terra was on her phone texting as always. Anyway, The guy was asked to leave because he began grabbing customers. There were 4 complaints made to the bartenders that I heard. They were trying to work with security to take care of the situation. I think all of the staff acted in a professional manor handling this situation. People should mind their own business and keep opinions to themselves if they do not know the truth...
As for texting behind the bar that is unprofessional, esp since all of the other bartenders were running around doing their jobs and I just watched her stand there texting all nt and the other jersey shore kid just leaning up against the cooler...That must suck dealing with that all nt..I give the other bartenders credit for putting up with that!!!! Great job guys!!!
Fat Tony Salerno

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Absolutley Not True wrote:
A couple of my people were on the scene last night at Blu. They said there was this goofy guy in there who was grabbing asses all night. The bouncers thought it was funny until the guy grabbed a bouncer's crotch and said he had a small pecker. Then a couple of them forced him out the door and worked him over pretty good. I guess the chick who works the front door was outside too, shaking her ass at the guy and yelling "grab it now a-hole, grab it now". One of bouncers may have cornholed the guy, I'm not sure. A wild scene in any event. If I had been on the scene I could have put an end to it with my impressive size (5'8", 450+).
Getouttahere

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

this whole area is crap when it comes down to it....i won't go to blu ever again after hearing this story though....disrespectful POS bar it is.
agreed

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Just another coke bar with trashy girls going there..heard the Stepellos had something do with it which would make a lot of sense
Earl Greedy

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Who cares.

I hear Larry Adler's next permit is to re-create Varick Street off of Wood's Road in the business park. Bet a lot of the rif raf will never make it up that far.
person

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

this is the worst bar in Utica if you are gay and not interested in woman, but if your not gay and actually would not like to continue your family trend of being 40 year old virgins and having a mistake child at the age of 40, blu is a good place to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

208 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Oneida Square Convenience Store 3 min pops 4
hijacking time warner cable every night 5 min oderp 2
Mark the MEGA Flagg 9 min sreggin 23
Karma for Dr Timothy Page 10 min Timmmmaaaahhhhhhh 56
Panera's has a serious problem 12 min ya their prices 32
Changes at WKTV with new owner? 18 min Sunshine 199
White guilt at MVCC (Jul '13) 26 min confucious 16
Official: Goodbye Comets 45 min comets forever 77
Dan LaBella...where is he now? 6 hr SUtica 114