Olive Garden absolutely is terible fo...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wow

Herkimer, NY

#22 Oct 29, 2013
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>are you a cheese curtain!
That's your comeback!!!!
STFU

Herkimer, NY

#23 Oct 29, 2013
Mary June wrote:
I would rather eat at home everything is homemade not prepared by These food companies . I really have to laugh at the people in. This area they just don't know good food.
I laugh at people like you. Like your opinion is all that matters!

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#24 Oct 29, 2013
The most depressing thing about this thread is that in the area of the country in which I now live, Olive Garden is considered to be genuine Italian food...

Anyone care to make a delivery down to middle-of-nowhere Tennessee?!
pinepetal

United States

#25 Oct 29, 2013
I enjoyed my outing to Olive Garden. The place was nice and clean, the service was great, the food was tasty and, overall, I was quite satisfied. It was a nice respite from my otherwise busy life, and I didn't have to stand over a hot stove in order to have an enjoyable, relaxing dinner.
curious x 10

Utica, NY

#26 Oct 29, 2013
Joe Schmoe wrote:
The Franklin IS the best! Beats the hell out of the scicilianos lurking in greater Utica. Rome has real Roman heritage and the food reflects this superior reality!
The Franklin used to be the best...sad to say...not anymore. When mom and pop were running the kitchen everything was fab...now it all tastes old and burnt.
slapanut

Utica, NY

#27 Oct 29, 2013
greg wrote:
Traffic there shows there doing something right.
Hey shiat for brains - traffic has always been busy on Commercial Drive long before that crap so-called Italian restauarnt came.
Utica Is The Best

Albany, NY

#28 Oct 30, 2013
Kind of funny that utica is a region that claims to have "the best Italian food" but yet fast food Italian garbage is succeeding there. Lol
Dave Cliffy Smith

Gouverneur, NY

#29 Oct 30, 2013
Utica Is The Best wrote:
Kind of funny that utica is a region that claims to have "the best Italian food" but yet fast food Italian garbage is succeeding there. Lol
He's back spewing hate...it's Dave Smith, aka Cliffy above. It's been so dull without his tired moronic rants and claiming he knows everything. He does know how to lick manazzz though.
Applebees

Albany, NY

#30 Oct 31, 2013
I have never been to Olive garden whats the point with all the other local italian places.
Applebee is different- non- ethnic
I have always been tough on restaurants and always avoided the chains. I got a certificate to applebees last year so me and the wife went. The food was good, at a reasonable price and they had my favorite beer on tap. I was surprised to say the least.
Went back, different locations prob 4 times since then and each time my meal was cooked correctly, fresh ingredients, good menu. Try 2 for 20 two entrees with appetizer. Last time had grilled boneless chicken breast with 5 fantail shrimp over fresh whole green beans( not over or under cooked) and red potatoes in a spicy sweet sauce. Good portions, good food. Appetizer was boneless barbecue chicken, a whole basket full.
what can I say until I go there and it sucks I will praise them. More than I can say for alot of local places that are way over priced who nickel and dime you to death, that serve warm salads and cold entrees.
Utica Is The Best

Albany, NY

#31 Oct 31, 2013
They don't have tomato pie. They are doomed for failure. Uticans know quality Italian food.
Dave Cliffy Smith

Gouverneur, NY

#32 Oct 31, 2013
Utica Is The Best wrote:
They don't have tomato pie. They are doomed for failure. Uticans know quality Italian food.
It's Dave Smith above. Same tired rhetoric, same manazzz licking Dave.
kuyahoora

Cambridge, MA

#33 Oct 31, 2013
We won't go to appleby's again. Wife ordered a large salad with grilled chicken. Looked pretty but after eating the chicken and the top layer of lettuce everything underneath was shredded cabbage. Complained to the waittress and she brought a new one. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem but the next time we went we ordered the same salad with the understanding that no cabbage would be included. We were told that they never put cabbage on their large salads and that time must have been a mistake. Guess what was on the salad when we got it? Yup. Lots of shredded cabbage.
Mr Common Sense

Herkimer, NY

#34 Oct 31, 2013
Does everyone see whats going on here? Everyone has a different opinion, it's called diversity. The sooner you recognize it, deal with it, and accept it, the better off all of mankind will be. Your opinion is just that, "your opinion", it's not to be forced onto someone else by name calling and insulting. You're just one person amongst billions of people, how could they all share the same desires as you? I just don't get someone when they come on here and name call because somebody likes the Olive Garden. The place packs them in on a daily basis, lots of people enjoy the food, if you don't, don't go! I personally can't stand the taste of shrimp, if I called you a moron because you might like it, what kind of sense would that make? Diversity folks, it's not going away, it's only becoming more prevalent as time passes.
Utica Is The Best

Albany, NY

#35 Oct 31, 2013
Mr Common Sense wrote:
Does everyone see whats going on here? Everyone has a different opinion, it's called diversity. The sooner you recognize it, deal with it, and accept it, the better off all of mankind will be. Your opinion is just that, "your opinion", it's not to be forced onto someone else by name calling and insulting. You're just one person amongst billions of people, how could they all share the same desires as you? I just don't get someone when they come on here and name call because somebody likes the Olive Garden. The place packs them in on a daily basis, lots of people enjoy the food, if you don't, don't go! I personally can't stand the taste of shrimp, if I called you a moron because you might like it, what kind of sense would that make? Diversity folks, it's not going away, it's only becoming more prevalent as time passes.
Uticans can't understand the concept of diversity.
X waiter

Sherburne, NY

#36 Oct 31, 2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again..........Don't ever send a meal back while eating out at a restaurant!!! ANY RESTAURANT!
low grade dog food

Whitesboro, NY

#37 Oct 31, 2013
X waiter wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again..........Don't ever send a meal back while eating out at a restaurant!!! ANY RESTAURANT!
You mean, don't act like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack?

See a clip of him here:
X waiter

Sherburne, NY

#38 Oct 31, 2013
It's worse then that!!!!!!!!!! Just take it home with a smile and throw it away!!!!
Downtown Dan

United States

#39 Nov 1, 2013
Yeah, go back to the "local" place. Just don't expect to go on Sunday, Monday, late at night or holidays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guess who didnt graduate from ND 10 min loser 78
Utica OD---NO coverage at Turning Stone 24 min Nobody cares 4
No1 Chinese Restaurant 1 hr Ooga Booga 5
department stores in utica (Nov '12) 1 hr gordon toffler 19
Tazz KAY HANNA- SLOBFAIL MVCC Dropout, LEZKING ... 1 hr Tazz 24 7 Hanna 1
Carbone 2 hr kaz 23
New Downtown Hospital 2 hr arch stanton 9
rob esche getting divorced 3 hr Rob WOMAN YELLO E... 53
Tony's Washington Mills 14 hr Parkway 10
Proctor graduation 21 hr pears and apples 38