Olive Garden absolutely is terible for food

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lynn

Syracuse, NY

#1 Oct 26, 2013
Well, went there finally after all the hype and won't be back thank GOD. Food is nothing more than a glorified Apple Bees and crap for food. Nothing local about it and just another high volume chain place offering nothing that tasted like homemade to me and I know good food.

What do you expect with their cheap prices....quality???? Felt like it was just a glorified place to draw you in and then feed you crap.

I am back to the local places from now on.
local

New York, NY

#2 Oct 26, 2013
Wel Duhhh... It is a "glorified applebees"

HEY PEOPLE! Understand this, If your restaurant hires "cooks" at or around minimum wage, it is more than likely that they do nothing more than microwave your food. Dont be cheap and go to these "restaurants" and expect anything more than cheap food.

And, as far as the local restaurants, they are not much better than Olive Garden. For years the owners have been cheapening out on products and spending less and less time caring about their food quality then their own vanity.

You want good food go to Micheal's in Waterville or Tailor and the Cook, The Secret Garden or Anchora in Utica. There are a few good restaurants out there but if you eat at the Olive Garden and expect anything more than microwave food then you probably would never set foot in either one of those establishments saying they are "TOO EXPENSIVE". So stay at home and cook for yourself. Better quality food and cheaper.
honestly

Utica, NY

#3 Oct 26, 2013
Lynn wrote:
Well, went there finally after all the hype and won't be back thank GOD. Food is nothing more than a glorified Apple Bees and crap for food. Nothing local about it and just another high volume chain place offering nothing that tasted like homemade to me and I know good food.
What do you expect with their cheap prices....quality???? Felt like it was just a glorified place to draw you in and then feed you crap.
I agree with you , except for one Important detail, and that is 'cheap prices' I don't believe that 15.00 or 16.00 ic a cheap price for chicken..after all, local grocers sell boneless breasts fo 1.99 lb. So imagine how much CHEAPER restaurants get it for..I stay home and make MUCH BETTER meals than any re4staurant around her can cook. When we do go out, it is off to "Ancora'a..absolutely the only place around that my husband will eat!
Well

New York, NY

#4 Oct 26, 2013
Lynn wrote:
I am glad to hear you won't be going back, now there will be on less person in front of me in line. Ciao
another voice

Utica, NY

#5 Oct 26, 2013
Ciao???? How cute!! A Genuwine Eyetalian farewell. I'll bet you learned that from their menu while admiring the ersatz Eyetalian sculptures and paintings of Venetian gondolas and such. I so admire your cultured opinions on good food! Eating at Olive Garden is fine; people with no taste need to eat out too. But waiting in line for that meal is ridiculous. I'll stick with a real ethnic restaurant and make a reservation.(But go ahead, waiting in line gives you the chance to try some of their fabulous wines!!!!! Or buy a bottle on sale at Bremer for $9.99)
LOL

West Springfield, MA

#6 Oct 26, 2013
Chain restaurants are for classless garbage I.e. Uticans.
Fat

Utica, NY

#7 Oct 26, 2013
But they treat you like family with unlimited cheap breadstix and unlimited salty salad. That said, fat people will keep OG here for decades.
STFU

Utica, NY

#8 Oct 26, 2013
You turd for brains camel crusted moronic lawn statues can complain about Olive Garden all you want, it will still be around when your heavily molded bacteria filled shorts are buried with you when you freaking die!!
Ronnie

New York, NY

#9 Oct 26, 2013
Olive Garden food is already prepared and they nuke it!!!! I will eat where I can get homemade Italian food !
Anatasma

Utica, NY

#10 Oct 26, 2013
LOL wrote:
Chain restaurants are for classless garbage I.e. Uticans.
Correction.

LOL"]Chain restaurants are for classless garbage I.e. Myself"
another voice

Utica, NY

#11 Oct 27, 2013
Yep, STFU, you are DEFINITELY Olive Garden material. Trash mouth, no wonder you're an OG fan. You wouldn't know what to do in a really high class restaurant. But not to worry, you can't get in w/out a coat and tie (And no clip-ons). Stick to Olive Garden and wait in line with all the other village idiots for your Italian Happy Meal.
do yourself a favor

Rome, NY

#12 Oct 28, 2013
and go to the Franklin in rome or to Bella Cucina right down the road and have REAL Italian food...its a win win, fair prices great food and you will be supporting a local business
duh

Utica, NY

#13 Oct 28, 2013
What do you expect? The salad comes frozen from China.
greg

New Hartford, NY

#14 Oct 28, 2013
Foods not bad for the price. Typical Utica haters always wanna bash something. Traffic there shows there doing something right. Probably some local restaurant owner started this because the garden is putting a hurting on there establishment. Traffic and numbers don't lie. Great job olive garden. I'll spread the word how great the food and service is
Mary June

New York, NY

#16 Oct 28, 2013
I would rather eat at home everything is homemade not prepared by These food companies . I really have to laugh at the people in. This area they just don't know good food.
Joe Schmoe

Utica, NY

#17 Oct 28, 2013
The Franklin IS the best! Beats the hell out of the scicilianos lurking in greater Utica. Rome has real Roman heritage and the food reflects this superior reality!
Mr Common Sense

Utica, NY

#18 Oct 28, 2013
Mary June wrote:
I would rather eat at home everything is homemade not prepared by These food companies . I really have to laugh at the people in. This area they just don't know good food.
Taste is an individual preference Mary, You can't expect others to have the same opinion as yours. It's a very diverse world we share, maybe someone would laugh at you for your preference, would you take offense to that? I'm not being rude but to laugh at others because they like what you don't is quite ridiculous.
Mary

Little Falls, NY

#19 Oct 28, 2013
Mr Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Taste is an individual preference Mary, You can't expect others to have the same opinion as yours. It's a very diverse world we share, maybe someone would laugh at you for your preference, would you take offense to that? I'm not being rude but to laugh at others because they like what you don't is quite ridiculous.
are you a cheese curtain!
Penny

Utica, NY

#20 Oct 28, 2013
do yourself a favor wrote:
and go to the Franklin in rome or to Bella Cucina right down the road and have REAL Italian food...its a win win, fair prices great food and you will be supporting a local business
Being a former Roman, I can tell u that the Franklin does NOT throw food away. The sauce tastes burnt to me. Always.
not burned only rusted

Syracuse, NY

#21 Oct 28, 2013
Penny wrote:
<quoted text>Being a former Roman, I can tell u that the Franklin does NOT throw food away. The sauce tastes burnt to me. Always.
Rust Belt personified since 2008:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DejaVu Bar and Lounge 12 min Cheap bud 5
Uncle Joe Conte 19 min Eastside 7
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 30 min Ysmay_Wyldcharm 1,004
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 50 min Utica Sue 5,858
dear mr mayor of utica 52 min for real 10
Teachers, Students Call For Governor Cuomo To F... 52 min Holy Moly 45
Sexy Bartenders/waitresses at Delmonico's! 54 min Jane Doe 14
Sangertown To Close 1 hr John Fost 12
Best All-Time WKTV Personality (Feb '10) 2 hr Setting It Straight 24
Most Women are Unstable These Days 4 hr unbelievable lite... 37