WKTV's Jenel Boston

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Central New Yorker

Blossvale, NY

#1 May 14, 2012
What the heck...this 'professional' news anchor can't even get through a story without mispronouncing a name, place or getting tripped up on her words. Has WKTV hit the bottom of the barrel? Guess she was the only applicant. Hope she 'moves on' soon because the morning news is really painful to watch..between her and don the Dandy....I am switching over to YYN.....
pops

Cortland, NY

#2 May 14, 2012
Hot to watch,,that is what its all about...check out all news stations these days,,hot looking black woman, cant beat it.
Valley Neighbor

New York, NY

#3 May 14, 2012
Central New Yorker wrote:
What the heck...this 'professional' news anchor can't even get through a story without mispronouncing a name, place or getting tripped up on her words. Has WKTV hit the bottom of the barrel? Guess she was the only applicant. Hope she 'moves on' soon because the morning news is really painful to watch..between her and don the Dandy....I am switching over to YYN.....
Could not have said it better myself. Plus, Don seems to want to finish her sentence when she is trying to tell the story. 2 hrs. of the both of them is just to much. Their ratings must be going downhill fast.
And

Utica, NY

#4 May 14, 2012
And I don't care where they are from...read the "copy" ahead of time and ask the producer, the camera person the engineer...anyone!...if you are not sure how to pronounce a local name (especially the Italian ones) and BTW Lexi it is NOT...ON-E-ON-TA!!!

Level 8

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Aug 13, 2012
She's hot
UseYourHead

Dover, DE

#6 Aug 13, 2012
Someone here had mentioned before her pronunciation of the word "ambulance" as "ambalence". This morning's word was pronouncing "regular" as "reg-uh-ler". Interesting.
Brian

Rome, NY

#7 Aug 13, 2012
What I find unusual is the current batch of news promos WKTV is running. They are actually well produced and look as professional as can be. This, however, is totally opposite of the actual newscast. Its obvious that they got some outside help in producing these promos. Even the newspeople, with the glaring exception of Jill Realle, look and sound like professional news people. I'm certain some outside consultants helped coach them into delivering such a good performance. This leads me to ask the question, if these people are capable of achieving such a high quality of professionalism in a promotional peice for their newscast, then why can't they create a newscast that is up to the same standard?
Brian

Rome, NY

#8 Aug 13, 2012
Jenel, to me, seems that she has an accent and speaking pattern that sounds strange to us living in Central New York. Every region and part of the country has its own way of speaking. I don't think there is much wrong with her delivery, but rather that she speaks in a manner and style that is not common to this area. She sounds like she is from somewhere else. It would be as if someone from the deep south or from another country were to appear on a local news show. Their accent would not fit into what we are used to hearing. As far as pronounciation goes, there is really no excuse for not learning how to pronounce the names of local towns and streets. It is not acceptable to mis-prounounce people's names. All she needs to do is ask someone she is sitting next to.

Level 3

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9 Aug 13, 2012
Brian wrote:
What I find unusual is the current batch of news promos WKTV is running. They are actually well produced and look as professional as can be. This, however, is totally opposite of the actual newscast. Its obvious that they got some outside help in producing these promos. Even the newspeople, with the glaring exception of Jill Realle, look and sound like professional news people. I'm certain some outside consultants helped coach them into delivering such a good performance. This leads me to ask the question, if these people are capable of achieving such a high quality of professionalism in a promotional peice for their newscast, then why can't they create a newscast that is up to the same standard?
THE TRUTH HERE! It is likely that you have never even watched their pathetic broadcasts if you had you would realize that they totally suck in every aspect of what a real newscast should be....
Brian

Rome, NY

#10 Aug 13, 2012
Truth-Teller 42 wrote:
<quoted text>THE TRUTH HERE! It is likely that you have never even watched their pathetic broadcasts if you had you would realize that they totally suck in every aspect of what a real newscast should be....
Oh, trust me, I have watch too darn many of their pathetic broadcasts. I totally agree with you. They lower the standard to the gutter. WKTV news is unbearable. I was just amazed by how professional the promos are in comparison to the crappiness of the actual newscast. Jenel Boston needs to immerse herself into Utica culture. She seems like an outsider that does not fit. Oh, and if for some reason you think that I don't live in Utica, unfortunately, I do. In this day and age of mobile devices, the location shown on Topix varies depending on where one is at any given time.

Level 3

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#11 Aug 13, 2012
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, trust me, I have watch too darn many of their pathetic broadcasts. I totally agree with you. They lower the standard to the gutter. WKTV news is unbearable. I was just amazed by how professional the promos are in comparison to the crappiness of the actual newscast. Jenel Boston needs to immerse herself into Utica culture. She seems like an outsider that does not fit. Oh, and if for some reason you think that I don't live in Utica, unfortunately, I do. In this day and age of mobile devices, the location shown on Topix varies depending on where one is at any given time.
THE TRUTH HERE! Jenel is an outsider, she was hired a few months ago,from outside new york, regardless of these facts she is awful, someone should start a petition to have these people taken off the air for not being true to the public's interests...
buttmuncher

Utica, NY

#13 Aug 13, 2012
its ,am boo lance .you just need to be able to speak jive.
My 2 cents

Baldwinsville, NY

#14 Aug 13, 2012
Someone should axe her why she dosen't apply herself to the newscasts like she claims in the promo.

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#15 Aug 13, 2012
I find most of the local newscasters very annoying; their pronunciation, reading wrong words,and worst of all, the nonsensical patter interjected in the news story draws so much attention to the mistakes I miss the story. Rarely can I make it as far as the weather without turning the channel.
Brian

Cicero, NY

#16 Aug 13, 2012
I have given up on WKTV. For local TV news I will watch YNN or WTVH. If I am someplace where WSYR is available, I will watch that.
u people are all the same

Clinton, NY

#17 Aug 13, 2012
just because jenel doesn't pronounce all her eyetalian words right doesn't mean she is second rate. i'm happy to have someone young and hot willing to be a newscaster in this shythole. go watch that old prune bill worden if you care so much about pronounciation ya dumazzes.

don't worry ya old buzzards, janel will move on to a better market faily soon just like megan and kristen did.
from a viewer

New York, NY

#18 Aug 13, 2012
watch how she slouches..no confidence whatsoever. if you are reading these jinelle, or however you spell your name, take some acting classes in order to polish how you perform in front of the camera. and please stop egging donnie on in acting more of a sissy fool that he already is. what you two going to do next, apply each others lipstick on, live at 5?
D Shipman

Matawan, NJ

#19 Aug 14, 2012
Ohhh Yea! Can you put my lipstick on for me, pleeeease? I will do your toenails later!
chick pea

Utica, NY

#20 Aug 14, 2012
She did it again yesterday.HAPPY MONDAY!!!!
She gets excited about the most mundane things.
As I've said before you just have to hang in there for ten minutes because the show recaps and repeats itself at 11minutes after 5:00.
Another trick is to watch with the volume off and turn it on if you see a picture of something you aren't already aware of.
BILL!!!!!!!
Hoo Boy

Utica, NY

#21 Aug 14, 2012
I am tired of both Don and Janel, giggling together like little girls. She can't even pronounce the names of our local towns and villages. Her voice is like fingernails scraping a blackboard. I just turn it off and go online.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AHL Worldwide 2 min Gaggy 28
Words of Wisdom from Preet Bharara 2 min curiousone 5
All-Star Failure 4 min Glorified Practice 2
How's the Arterial Project coming along? 8 min insanity 3
smacking LIPS EBOLA STD STROKE RATE ]\[lGGERS F... 20 min DAVE SMITH 8
Looking For Young Gay Males (May '14) 22 min DAVE SMITH 56
Proven Monkeys Apes have Homosexual behaviour (Jun '11) 24 min DAVE SMITH 22
listen to the teachers whining 53 min Truth 82
Did Doug Brewer pass away??? 1 hr Death Fan 53
How to defeat the police licence plate readers: (Jul '10) 6 hr SoThere 175
summit.com girl 11 hr iknowcelecki 16
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:59 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:59PM
Why the NY Giants Absolutely Must Draft ILB Denzel Perryman
NBC Sports 6:29 AM
Todd Bowles: I can't say now if Geno is or isn't our quarterback
NFL 7:51 AM
Bills GM: EJ Manuel knows he needs to 'step up'
Bleacher Report 8:03 AM
Did the Jets Get It Right? Grading Woody Johnson's Offseason Moves
Yahoo! Sports11:24 AM
New Browns OC unfazed by QB uncertainty
Bleacher Report11:36 AM
Ex-QB: Equipment Staff Fixes Brady's Balls
Bleacher Report 7:29 PM
How the Jets Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report 8:01 PM
5 2nd Round Prospects Jets Should Target
NBC Sports 5:15 AM
Friday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 7:09 AM
Perry Fewell to interview for position coach job with 49ers