First Prev
of 2
Next Last
outside looking in

United States

#23 Jun 26, 2008
Dean and Jason made a businees decision that worked from them. their success has nothing to do with who is mayor, councilmen or congressmen. they worked hard and deliver a good service to Utica culture and Cusine. let them be.
Thanks Mom

New York, NY

#24 Jun 26, 2008
outside looking in wrote:
Dean and Jason made a businees decision that worked from them. their success has nothing to do with who is mayor, councilmen or congressmen. they worked hard and deliver a good service to Utica culture and Cusine. let them be.
OK Mrs. Knight
outside looking in

United States

#25 Jun 26, 2008
Thanks Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Mrs. Knight
i'm not mrs.knight or their mom! just a fan of their food.
muddys

Utica, NY

#26 Jun 27, 2008
Great food real old style italian, great atmosphere. but very expensive and despite the cool staff and great idea behind the whole place the crowd it atracts is very pretentious, lots of big money phonies who are full of shit throwing cash at the "in" place. Most of these douche bags follow up their dinner by going to Space 26, another great idea. A really cool atmosphere, great dj and decor'its got the 'big-city feel" a really good place, yet space too is filled with pretentious phonies who throw cash around in front of others. Gold chains and overblown S.U.V.'S in the lot. If you are a gold digging bitch these are the places for you. Its too bad because the owners of both hit homeruns, yet the pretentious make it unbearable. at least for me.
Labella or Labrutto

Clinton, NY

#27 Jun 27, 2008
I agree with you muddys. Unfortunately without the pretensious clients both places would be forced to close.
The problem more so becomes the attitude of the individual patrons. Not so much the places that are just tyring make a decent place.
Plus, I can go to Cavallos and see 10 times as many gold diggers. Girls need a wake up call. Make your own money and you wont need a man!
Hydro

New York, NY

#28 Jun 27, 2008
muddys wrote:
Great food real old style italian, great atmosphere. but very expensive and despite the cool staff and great idea behind the whole place the crowd it atracts is very pretentious, lots of big money phonies who are full of shit throwing cash at the "in" place. Most of these douche bags follow up their dinner by going to Space 26, another great idea. A really cool atmosphere, great dj and decor'its got the 'big-city feel" a really good place, yet space too is filled with pretentious phonies who throw cash around in front of others. Gold chains and overblown S.U.V.'S in the lot. If you are a gold digging bitch these are the places for you. Its too bad because the owners of both hit homeruns, yet the pretentious make it unbearable. at least for me.
Very contradictory remarks.
Customer

New York, NY

#29 Feb 21, 2009
We like Ancora's. A little pricey, but the menu isn't the same old-same old. Too bad it wasn't a little bigger, but like the concept and the feel of the place.
Really

Jersey City, NJ

#30 Feb 21, 2009
I'm trying to understand how this place is "very expensive". I guess if your idea of a nice night out includes applebees or mccdonalds then maybe. I forget how depressed the Utica area is until someone says that anchors is "very expensive".
Really

Jersey City, NJ

#31 Feb 21, 2009
"anchora" before somone jumps all over my mistype.
a regular patron

Fayetteville, NY

#32 Feb 21, 2009
EXCELLENT!!!!! great addition to the downtown area, fantastic food, great staff!
nicenough

United States

#33 Feb 23, 2009
It's not bad. I do like that there is a variety of different foods, not the same old same old you get everywhere else around here. I do see how people can say it's a little pricey if you're looking to get a full meal and drinks. I haven't been in a while but it was about $10 for a glass of wine (house brand) and they weren't very generous with the portion. I would just make sure you have the money to spare and know what to expect if you're going to eat there. I don't mean this in a negative way, just that if you're more prepared you'll enjoy it a little more.
never again

Mechanicville, NY

#34 Mar 18, 2013
I decided to try ancora with my girlfriend. Worst resturant experince ever. The menu was small and just typical Italian food. Small portions and extremelly overpriced. My girlfriend had a small steak with mash potatoes for 22 dollars and the food was dry, and I had the seafood fradiable which was the house special and did not have a price on the board so they charged me 28 for it. Small portion with small amount of seafood that tasted very fishy, must have been old leftover seafood. The place was extremelly small and they still placed the tables close together, I have been to doctor's offices that are bigger. There is not room in there for a resturant espeically one that is over priced. What do they think that this is NYC. If anyone wants to try Ancora, I would recommend Delmonics or Gorgios, great food reasonably priced and good atmosphire, so much better than Ancora.
OK Georgios

Utica, NY

#35 Mar 18, 2013
You must be a relative of the Georgios family...just bashing the restaurants that are better than Georgios.
Ancora Regular

Utica, NY

#36 Apr 29, 2013
never again wrote:
I decided to try ancora with my girlfriend. Worst resturant experince ever. The menu was small and just typical Italian food. Small portions and extremelly overpriced. My girlfriend had a small steak with mash potatoes for 22 dollars and the food was dry, and I had the seafood fradiable which was the house special and did not have a price on the board so they charged me 28 for it. Small portion with small amount of seafood that tasted very fishy, must have been old leftover seafood. The place was extremelly small and they still placed the tables close together, I have been to doctor's offices that are bigger. There is not room in there for a resturant espeically one that is over priced. What do they think that this is NYC. If anyone wants to try Ancora, I would recommend Delmonics or Gorgios, great food reasonably priced and good atmosphire, so much better than Ancora.
First of all it is anything but "typical Italian food". You think Delonicos and Georgios has exotic Italian food? Secondly, since you know so little about food im sure you girlfriend orderd her steak well done. And what the hell is a "Fradiable" lol. If you were concerned about the price you should have asked bigshot. The whole point of the theme is to feel like you step out of a typical Utica restaurant, and the owners definately achieved that. Its actually better than alot of the NYC restaurants that I have eaten. I refuse to bash local businesses on this site but the fact that you think Delmonicos has "great food" pretty much destroys your credibility when it comes to restaurant reviews. So stick to your Chicken Sinatra and Greens and leave the classy restaurants to the big boys.
Facts

Syracuse, NY

#37 Apr 30, 2013
muddys wrote:
That is exactly the kind of costumer I would love in my business!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mariopass HOMOSEXUAL VOICE ON KEELER CRYING UPD 1 min Mario busted 3
Should ultra-racist Uticans be jailed? 2 min MarioPass OWNED F... 17
VertuccI/Hanna fued 6 min MarioPass OWNED F... 30
No Batman Costume For Utica! 14 min More more 6
I hope you remember 27 min iwtktty 22
fat SOWBOONS SHEAPES STARVES SEVERAL #S OF PUPP... 28 min MarioPass TMPD 60
Utica ridiculed on NATIONAL TV! OWN IT! 29 min GLOOTICAS Maximus 39
Family court race 3 hr Democrat 33
nh football coach 7 hr nah 35

Utica Jobs