Local MMA for Kids 3+?

Local MMA for Kids 3+?

Posted in the Utica Forum

Parent

Syracuse, NY

#1 Dec 30, 2013
Hello all. Wondering if there are any local MMA facilities for kids starting at age 3?
If so, which are better and why?

Thanks
Locals

Utica, NY

#2 Dec 30, 2013
Only in Utica
Parent

Utica, NY

#3 Dec 31, 2013
Locals wrote:
Only in Utica
What's with that comment?
Is it wrong to want my son to learn about dedication, discipline, respect, and commitment?
Or to get him started in an active hobby and hopefully reduce his desire to sit on the couch and play xbox all day long? All while obtaining skills to defend himself someday?

Not looking to turn him into a fighter or competitor. Just want to introduce him into something beneficial that he may enjoy.

Think big picture before you comment dumba$$.
hey

Utica, NY

#4 Dec 31, 2013
Mohawk valley MMA has a youth program. Call there.... It's in New Hartford
Balboring

Utica, NY

#5 Dec 31, 2013
???!!! And how is this different from kids taking taekwondo? karate? kung fu? judo? ninjitzu? wrestling? what about hockey? football? pan flute? whatever it is? MMA: mixed martial arts is all it is. Most kids will lose interest eventually and drop out once they discover the fine taste of utica club and all the other fat friendly utica delights such as half moons, tomato pies, and mcdonald'sses, and legalized cannabanoids eventually and praise the lord when that happens. And even if they do become black belts it does not equate in knowing how to fight in a street fight or be a tough guy, or a hero. You're not going to be some fucking Van Damn or Chuck Norris. Unless you fly to the orient and trully learn you will not become enlightened like bruce lee either. I knew a few black belts when I grew up, yeah great at first you're cool man nice kick, but guess what? Freaking panzies. Couldn't take a punch, or me getting in a three point stance and tackling the shit out of someone. Word is born!
Balboring

Utica, NY

#9 Dec 31, 2013
I dont know about all that, "wow". I'm on vacation, and I work, and everyone that I mostly know in Utica works, and every other place where I personally know people they work for a living as well, and engage in hobbies and activities. So I can't relate to the political jibberish in that retort. Every area has whatever you said. But let me ask you this. When did you stop dreaming man?
hey

Utica, NY

#10 Dec 31, 2013
Come on folks, leave the guy alone. Karate, aikido etc are all great for kids... So are mma type activities. They incorporate all of the diff movements from a range of disciplines. Wrestling, standup striking, Bjj, kick boxing, karate etc... Gaining Strength while moving is great for all... Stop hating on the people who actually want to equip their kids w some fitness and skills to defend themselves
nop3

Utica, NY

#11 Dec 31, 2013
3 yrs is too young for much benefit
Yep

Clinton, NY

#12 Dec 31, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>That's their utica delusions of grandeur again. Forgive them. Despite decades of failures and little more coming out of utica but welfare recipients, methheads and government job slobs they all want their kid to be the big rockstar they were too stupid fat utican and lazy to do for themselves.
This is the same everywhere. They even have a children's program at the MMA training center in Clifton Park...
http://www.legiontrainingcenter.com/
Parent

Utica, NY

#13 Jan 1, 2014
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>Get a life moron teach them a real SD skillset like Akido and have them learn something useful. Gotta love all these ridiculous parents that think their fat Xbox master is going to be some "super sports star". Wow. Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.
Pardon me wise a$$ but doesn't MMA (mixed martial arts) incorporate various forms of karate, akido, etc? Who said anything about anyone becoming a super sports star. As I said, I'm looking for something beneficial for my son to do that he may enjoy. Not expecting him to be the next Bruce Lee.

I guess I should have know better than to ask a serious question on this pathetic site. It seems as though everything you hear about Utica/Rome Topix is spot on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Josie's Uniform & Shoes (Apr '13) 2 min Lynn 62
Dyke on a Byke 4 min Dump Trump 4
Donnie Jr calls off the Secret Service 7 min Lock up the Rumps 13
coward PUNK VERTUCCI PASALINA IMAGINARY LAWSU... 8 min Vaginalinapasstucci 75
Utica Common Council 11 min South Utica 24
Dirty, Funny, and Weird Street Names 15 min Joy 1
Observer dispatch front page gossip 31 min Observer 29
Mega gf 1 hr Watch out 52
Slocum Urgent Care 1 hr Nurse 40

Utica Jobs