yes

Whitesboro, NY

#351 Nov 15, 2012
discount wrote:
Since the hurricanes are no longer part of ENYTBL have they reduced the cost to play for them or are they just taking home a bigger check this year. Maybe with the money they are saving they can finally live up to there promises to the kids, When we getting our jackets. Oh and maybe they can start handing out all the money they owe families for fund raising. Checks in may my a##, still waiting on that one.
The discount should be for the parents, by leaving. Discount your frame of mind and leave. Knowing your kid will get better elsewhere is your discount
Help

Whitesboro, NY

#352 Nov 15, 2012
Can anyone suggest another travel league for my son? He is not returning to the Hurricanes, but I'd like him to continue to play baseball.
CNY HEAT

Worcester, MA

#353 Nov 15, 2012
TRY THIS TEAM. They are in enytbl
Try these guys

Brooklyn, NY

#354 Nov 15, 2012
Help wrote:
Can anyone suggest another travel league for my son? He is not returning to the Hurricanes, but I'd like him to continue to play baseball.
my son is past the age to play but played for the cny pioneers a few years ago. ask for info at cnypioneers.com
hey

Whitesboro, NY

#355 Nov 16, 2012
try Rich with the naturals
Charlie O

Utica, NY

#356 Jan 16, 2013
Can anyone tell me who I could contact to file a complaint against the Hurricane Ball Club? I paid a lot of money last year for my son to play in their organization and we received a list of things that we would get for our "investment". We didn't get everything and when questioned, we were told that they allowed kids to play, even though they didn't pay all their money, so the organization didn't have the money to purchase the jackets. They sent us an email in September explaining and apologizing and stated that we would get reimbursed for the value, yet everyone I've spoken to said they have not received the refund.

Also, are there any other leagues in the area that will be having tryouts for those who don't want to continue with the Hurricanes?
relax

Camden, NY

#357 Jan 16, 2013
Charlie O wrote:
Can anyone tell me who I could contact to file a complaint against the Hurricane Ball Club? I paid a lot of money last year for my son to play in their organization and we received a list of things that we would get for our "investment". We didn't get everything and when questioned, we were told that they allowed kids to play, even though they didn't pay all their money, so the organization didn't have the money to purchase the jackets. They sent us an email in September explaining and apologizing and stated that we would get reimbursed for the value, yet everyone I've spoken to said they have not received the refund.
Also, are there any other leagues in the area that will be having tryouts for those who don't want to continue with the Hurricanes?
I hear the hometown crybabies are having tryouts next week . Why don't you call someone in charge and ask what the deal is . I got my refund !
Charlie O

Utica, NY

#358 Jan 16, 2013
I've tried calling, no one returns my calls. When did you get your refund? I've spoken to several other parents whose kids aren't playing for them anymore and none of them received their refund either.

And who are you referring to as the hometown crybabies?
relax

Camden, NY

#359 Jan 16, 2013
Who are you calling ? They are there all day on Sundays . Show up and find out .
Baseball Parent

Ilion, NY

#360 Mar 26, 2013
Well put up of shut up we will see who is the best. Put the kids on the field see who wins. I have a son on a travel team in Utica I am sick of the Bragging have the kids grab there bats, lace up the spikes and prove whose the best.
bobby

Utica, NY

#361 Mar 26, 2013
i pay babaw wiv my baw gwub den i wun fas n swide.
prospective hurricane

Syracuse, NY

#362 Jun 21, 2013
Charlie O wrote:
Charlie O,

Did this all get resolved and did you get your proper refund? I'd like to know as my child is interested in joining next year and i'd like to know they take care of problems, aside from the baseball itself. Any other feedback from the experience?
parent

New Hartford, NY

#363 Aug 16, 2013
Wow all of these quotes are wrong. Practice starting in November and they play til August. We played the naturals and the kids kept balking. They weren't taught. Hurricanes get good training and one on one coaching.
Any good wrote:
I saw an announcement yesterday from the Hitting Machine about a new youth travel baseball organization in the area. Looks like the former Notre Dame coaches are at the head of this along with several area Current and former high school coaches. Any thoughts on this crew?
Credit

Boonville, NY

#364 Oct 1, 2013
Just wondering if the Hitting Machine teams are well organized? I'm not discrediting the coaching or the resumes of them but it seems somethings are not very organized.
yeah right

Whitesboro, NY

#365 Oct 1, 2013
parent wrote:
Wow all of these quotes are wrong. Practice starting in November and they play til August. We played the naturals and the kids kept balking. They weren't taught. Hurricanes get good training and one on one coaching.
<quoted text>
Naturals would destroy you. play their 9, 10, 11 or 12 u team.
I see hurrica kids cant even throw correctly. you pay them to get you on the jv and varsity teams
CNY Pioneers

United States

#366 Oct 2, 2013
My son played for the Hitting Machine and my personal opinion is they're very diss organized. He now plays for the CNY Pioneers and I couldn't be happier. Less money and you get better coaching.
Travel Ball

Utica, NY

#367 Oct 2, 2013
Hitting Machine / Hurricanes are having informational meetings tonight and next week at field of dreams. Tryouts to follow in a few weeks. They encourage you to attend if you have questions or would like to see what they are all about. Coaches and practices have been great for us. As far as games, we played many different teams and games were always competitive. The first year was great and second year was a bit disorganized. Mainly because they tried to start to early and missed the first few weeks due to weather issues. I believe they are doing a bit of a re-org and making the packages a bit more flexible. Also requiring coaches to be certified. Naturals and Pioneers are also good groups from what I have heard. Just make sure you educate yourself on all the options and not let others do it for you.
Lol

Utica, NY

#368 Oct 2, 2013
Bob cook is a retard and joe millazzo is a scammer...... Enough said
Credit

Boonville, NY

#369 Oct 3, 2013
Seeing how fall ball has been run this year, I am having doubts about the organization. Very disappointed with fall ball. I expected more and am now worried that this might be the norm with the Hurricane season.
Once again, not bashing any of the coaches or the Hurricanes, but for the $ I want to know I'm getting the best!

Junior American Legion? Comments?
true believer

West Hartford, CT

#370 Oct 3, 2013
My son played for the hurricanes last year and he will again this year our team went 17 and 4 We had no complaints. The coaching was great facilities were great And the price went down.Go Canes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Comet crowds weak with 2 sell outs over weekend. 16 min joe tahhan 8
Upstate towns threatening to secede from NY State 36 min Not a Bad Idea 1
West Utica in the 70's! You're old if you remem... 49 min You people are old 1
Notice!! Smokers who congregate around store en... 50 min Chad 17
smw jw 53 min Just wondering 12
Did you find an Ipod Touch? 54 min ipod user 1
What do black men do after sex? 1 hr bbc 8
Bullying Utica judge censured for calling lawye... 5 hr Bob 42
West Utica in the 70s-who/what do you remember (Dec '09) 8 hr real deal 892
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 8 hr michelle happy ac... 537
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:23 am PST

NBC Sports 8:23AM
Rex's Bills need a quarterback, and Sanchez and Vick are available
Bleacher Report12:46 PM