Hitting machine travel baseball
Truth

Oswego, NY

#270 Sep 14, 2012
Rebels Coach wrote:
I will not say that the ENYTB league isn't a great league as we have played in this for the last two seasons. My problem with them is that the amount of money that is being paid to them for scheduling. For our one 12U team it cost us almost $600 to play our games this year. I have ran a fallball league with other coaches for the past 5 years and I have done all the scheduling for them and it's not that difficult. Another issue that I have with this league is that they allow team to have up to 3 13 year olds play on a 12U team which does nothing for the 13 yr olds or the 11 & 12 year olds on the teams.
I have a solution to not playing teams with 13 year olds. You need to get last years stats for the 12u or 11u and see who participated in their playoff at the end of the year. If you use a 13 year old then you are not eligible for the playoffs. So you really dont have to worry about the teams from Albany you have to worry about the teams not from there who will not participate in their playoffs. For example and I will use your old team. Since the Red Storm do not participate in their playoffs last season then teams would wonder if you were going to use a kid a year older. Teams like the Adirondack Heat who played in their playoffs never used a kid a year older. In Albany they dont need to and actually they love playing up but for around here where the talent is not as wide as Albany, sure you dont want to play 2 games on Sunday to get mowed over. Request to play the best, you may have to travel but you wont have to worry about the teams bringing a 13 year old stud. If you are interested, I can give you a few names of teams to request to play. Plus its always good to play teams around you such as the Naturals, Pioneers and Spartans so it makes travel lite for a Sunday weekend. Good luck with your new team and let me know if you are interested in knowing which teams to play, although you can prob find out by going on their website.
WBoro

Manlius, NY

#271 Sep 23, 2012
Disgusting display by the Hurricanes 14U coaches at Fall Ball league today. Berated the umpire for a missed call early in the game and then pulls his players off the field in the 5th inning of a 1-0 game because of what they thought was unsportsmanlike play by the opposing team. I feel sorry for the Hurricanes players. They were well behaved and played hard. All three coaches are sorry role models for these kids.
What

Ithaca, NY

#272 Sep 23, 2012
Who is the coach
Truth

Syracuse, NY

#273 Sep 23, 2012
Playing travel baseball with the Hurricanes plus leading parents and children into broken promises $1,000 plus. Playing travel baseball with any other travel ball team in this area $500 tops. Parents who have not bought into broken promises priceless!!! It all comes down to understanding that maybe travel baseball is not ready for some kids who are promised the world and then are disappointed. I feel bad for the kids and the parents that are not getting the true travel baseball experience. The Hurricanes were thrown out of the ENYTB league because they are doing their players and injustice. What you see is what you get. Congrats to Pioneers, Naturals, Spartans and Rebels. I would never want to associated with Hurricanes, its totally a joke and its unfolding as we speak.
me too

Whitesboro, NY

#274 Sep 24, 2012
Im hearing that also, hurricances are falling apart and will maybe get next yr, but then they are done. what have they tought? The pioneers, naturals etc kids are SO FAR AHEAD, its a joke. I hear people say the coaches for naturals etc. are nobodys and dreamers. Well, from what I see, they are coached twice as good, the kids are 80% better than any hurricane kid.$1000? are u kiddin me?
Most of those kids cant play baseball and should be told. they will never be baseball players, but they keep taking their money. Let dad know, "hey you know, little johnny just doesnt have it, maybe you should save your 1000 plus.
Oh, and Ron, quit paying that money and then private lessons, you are throwing tons of money away. yout kid is an ok athlete, but not a baseball player.
new facts

Utica, NY

#275 Sep 24, 2012
Hurricanes were suspended permanently from enytb. A new organization has been granted a franchise in this area to be members of enytb. Only pioneers and this new franchise will be allowed in enytb going forward. Spartans and Naturals being phased out of league over next couple of years as current group of kids move past the 12u division.
Wacko

East Haven, CT

#276 Sep 24, 2012
Most of you, in a few years will see how petty this whole thread is. Do you want the best for your son? Yes. But make it his decision on where he wants to play. Make it fun for him. If your son is really good, you will both be satisfied with the results no matter where he ends up. Lessons are good for kids that want them and aren't forced into them. Your son will remember this time in his life forever and if he had fun and learned something, he will have great memories. If he's pushed into playing for the team you want him to play for, it may not be very fun and it might drive him out of the sport he once really enjoyed. I've seen it happen many times. I guess the bottom line is to ask you kid where he'd like to play his baseball and let him enjoy himself.
Truth be told

Ithaca, NY

#277 Sep 24, 2012
WBoro wrote:
Disgusting display by the Hurricanes 14U coaches at Fall Ball league today. Berated the umpire for a missed call early in the game and then pulls his players off the field in the 5th inning of a 1-0 game because of what they thought was unsportsmanlike play by the opposing team. I feel sorry for the Hurricanes players. They were well behaved and played hard. All three coaches are sorry role models for these kids.
I was at this game and it was a horrible call! The boy that missed our player admitted he didn't tag him out! Had the call been reversed, I'm sure you would have been upset too. How about when you appealed a play? That was okay, right? Whenever anyone from your team was at bat and hit a ball, the rest of the Naturals would start yelling and shout 'drop the ball' or 'miss it'. That's such a great display of sportsmanship that you teach them. We've never played any team that acts like that.

Our kids were pulled because of a punk on your team that doesn't know how to respect authority and you coaches refusing to control your him and the rest of your team. He walked past our coach and sarcastically said, "Were the balls low enough for you." And when he was told to apologize, he looked at the coach and said, "You want me to apologize to him?" If that were my kid, I would have kicked his ass for being so disrespectful to an adult and I'm sure our coaches, who you say are sorry examples of role models, would have taken him out of the game. No kid should ever speak to an adult like that and then to refuse to apologize? Oh, and our boys lined up to shake your teams hands and none of your boys came over...guess they thought they were too good for us!

If you're going to post a comment on this forum, back your facts up and tell the whole story and what led up to our boys being pulled off the field.
Truth be told

Ithaca, NY

#278 Sep 24, 2012
What wrote:
Who is the coach
It was Aaron Cirasuolo, Sonny Cirasuolo, Ben Karas.
clarify

Utica, NY

#279 Sep 24, 2012
I know calls get blown all the time. I see it in nearly every game I attend - close calls at first, did he miss the tag at second, etc..Please tell me the kids didn't get pulled off the field solely over a disagreement over a play.

if that other behavioral stuff happened I certainly don't care to see that either. who was coaching the Naturals team that allowed that to happen?
Ron

Utica, NY

#280 Sep 24, 2012
Wacko wrote:
Most of you, in a few years will see how petty this whole thread is. Do you want the best for your son? Yes. But make it his decision on where he wants to play. Make it fun for him. If your son is really good, you will both be satisfied with the results no matter where he ends up. Lessons are good for kids that want them and aren't forced into them. Your son will remember this time in his life forever and if he had fun and learned something, he will have great memories. If he's pushed into playing for the team you want him to play for, it may not be very fun and it might drive him out of the sport he once really enjoyed. I've seen it happen many times. I guess the bottom line is to ask you kid where he'd like to play his baseball and let him enjoy himself.
Hey Wacko thanks for a logical post. For some reason "me too" thinks he/she should have some input in where I spend my money. Creating memories with friends is what this is about. Not "my kid is better than your kid" or "you kid is not good enough to take lessons". Get over yourselves. I can't teach baseball, or piano, or dance for that matter. So I take my kids to someone who can help. Unfortunate "me too" has to give me opinions through this site behind a fake name rather than simply stopping me and talking directly to me. See how I used my name. Who are you "me too"? "Me Too" Perhaps you are someone who I respect and would value your input. Just contact me or let me know who you are through this site.
Truth be told

Ithaca, NY

#281 Sep 24, 2012
clarify wrote:
I know calls get blown all the time. I see it in nearly every game I attend - close calls at first, did he miss the tag at second, etc..Please tell me the kids didn't get pulled off the field solely over a disagreement over a play.
if that other behavioral stuff happened I certainly don't care to see that either. who was coaching the Naturals team that allowed that to happen?
I don't know who was coaching the Naturals. There were four of them in the dugout and they all allowed their pitcher to be very disrespectful to the Hurricane's 1st base coach. Their players were shouting out as our boys were fielding, yelling for them to miss balls. Then one of them has the nerve to post something about the incident on TOPIX?!?!? Really, grow up. He kept telling our coach to 'get over it' regarding the bad call, but they didn't seem to 'get over it' by coming to TOPIX.
Milazzo

Manlius, NY

#282 Sep 24, 2012
Truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at this game and it was a horrible call! The boy that missed our player admitted he didn't tag him out! Had the call been reversed, I'm sure you would have been upset too. How about when you appealed a play? That was okay, right? Whenever anyone from your team was at bat and hit a ball, the rest of the Naturals would start yelling and shout 'drop the ball' or 'miss it'. That's such a great display of sportsmanship that you teach them. We've never played any team that acts like that.
Our kids were pulled because of a punk on your team that doesn't know how to respect authority and you coaches refusing to control your him and the rest of your team. He walked past our coach and sarcastically said, "Were the balls low enough for you." And when he was told to apologize, he looked at the coach and said, "You want me to apologize to him?" If that were my kid, I would have kicked his ass for being so disrespectful to an adult and I'm sure our coaches, who you say are sorry examples of role models, would have taken him out of the game. No kid should ever speak to an adult like that and then to refuse to apologize? Oh, and our boys lined up to shake your teams hands and none of your boys came over...guess they thought they were too good for us!
If you're going to post a comment on this forum, back your facts up and tell the whole story and what led up to our boys being pulled off the field.
You've got the nerve to call out a kid for acting disrespectful after that display early in the game by two of the Hurricane coaches? I've been watching youth baseball for a while now and have never seen anything close to what I witnessed on Sunday by these two coaches. They berated the umpire for 2-3 minutes straight. He was a twenty-something non-certified umpire (working by himself) who was behind the plate and missed a call at 2nd base.

Was the kid out of line? Absolutely, but the bar was set pretty low by the disrespect shown by the two Hurricane coaches.

BTW, a coach or team can appeal to a base if they think the baserunner missed it. Any 8 year old playing minor league knows that.
noooo

Whitesboro, NY

#283 Sep 25, 2012
Wacko wrote:
Most of you, in a few years will see how petty this whole thread is. Do you want the best for your son? Yes. But make it his decision on where he wants to play. Make it fun for him. If your son is really good, you will both be satisfied with the results no matter where he ends up. Lessons are good for kids that want them and aren't forced into them. Your son will remember this time in his life forever and if he had fun and learned something, he will have great memories. If he's pushed into playing for the team you want him to play for, it may not be very fun and it might drive him out of the sport he once really enjoyed. I've seen it happen many times. I guess the bottom line is to ask you kid where he'd like to play his baseball and let him enjoy himself.
nooo, that is bull$hit!! I know for a fact. Naturals will not be phased out. Also, if they did, all I know is we went to albany, saratoga, syracuse, etc. and kicked the $hit out of all of them. We belong in a better league. Naturals i hear also, is going up in $$. where is all that money going? c'mon guys, lets not skimp some dough. Keep it at 325 or you will lose alot, im hearing. I only have one yr left, u14, so i can suck it up, but others wont.
noooo

Whitesboro, NY

#284 Sep 25, 2012
Truth be told wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Aaron Cirasuolo, Sonny Cirasuolo, Ben Karas.
figures, they arent even good enough to be on the team
Unbelievable

Memphis, TN

#285 Sep 25, 2012
Unbelieveable is the only word that comes to mind! Poster 282, you seriously have something wrong with you. Justifying a player being disrespectful to an adult, because you say the coaches from the Hurricanes argued a bad call for 2 - 3 minutes, is showing you're a lousy example of a parent and a coach, and it also explains why your players act like they do. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should a kid be allowed to be disrepectful to an adult! He should have immediatey been ejected from the game.

Last week my son's team played the Naturals. Before the game I overheard a lady wishing one of the boys on the Naturals good luck and his response was, "Please, there's no competition here". Really???? That's why the game went into extra innings and you only beat us 5 - 4. Then, from what I hear, the hurricane team was beating you 1 -0.

I'm also sure that you have argued bad calls and didn't end it within 2 -3 minutes. Every coach would argue a bad call, regardless if the umpire is in his 20s.
from the league

Utica, NY

#286 Sep 25, 2012
noooo wrote:
<quoted text>
nooo, that is bull$hit!! I know for a fact. Naturals will not be phased out. Also, if they did, all I know is we went to albany, saratoga, syracuse, etc. and kicked the $hit out of all of them. We belong in a better league. Naturals i hear also, is going up in $$. where is all that money going? c'mon guys, lets not skimp some dough. Keep it at 325 or you will lose alot, im hearing. I only have one yr left, u14, so i can suck it up, but others wont.
You best check with league administration because they are in fact being phased out of ENYTB as are the Spartans. Their 9,10,11u teams from 2012 will be allowed to play at 10,11,12 in 2013. No new 9u allowed. In 2014 their 10u and 11u will be allowed to play 11u and 12u. in 2015 11u will play 12u. By 2016 season they will not be allowed to have any teams left in ENYTB. Not saying its fair or I agree that is what the league decided in August. They are not allowed to have teams above 12u immediately.
Wacko

Danvers, MA

#287 Sep 25, 2012
noooo wrote:
<quoted text>
nooo, that is bull$hit!! I know for a fact. Naturals will not be phased out. Also, if they did, all I know is we went to albany, saratoga, syracuse, etc. and kicked the $hit out of all of them. We belong in a better league. Naturals i hear also, is going up in $$. where is all that money going? c'mon guys, lets not skimp some dough. Keep it at 325 or you will lose alot, im hearing. I only have one yr left, u14, so i can suck it up, but others wont.
Hey little man, I've coached for many years and never had a kid your age sound so disrespectful. Let the coaches take care of the matter. You're too young to get into it. Stay out of it before it's too late and your baseball career is over. You'll look back and wish you carried on differently. When you get older you'll see what I mean.
I checked

Utica, NY

#288 Sep 25, 2012
from the league wrote:
<quoted text>
You best check with league administration because they are in fact being phased out of ENYTB as are the Spartans. Their 9,10,11u teams from 2012 will be allowed to play at 10,11,12 in 2013. No new 9u allowed. In 2014 their 10u and 11u will be allowed to play 11u and 12u. in 2015 11u will play 12u. By 2016 season they will not be allowed to have any teams left in ENYTB. Not saying its fair or I agree that is what the league decided in August. They are not allowed to have teams above 12u immediately.
I checked with thie league and this is basically a true statement!!! My kid plays Naturalsand we should have been informed of this already by our club!
mam

Whitesboro, NY

#289 Sep 25, 2012
I checked wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked with thie league and this is basically a true statement!!! My kid plays Naturalsand we should have been informed of this already by our club!
who cares about U16? ENY could be out also by then.
It is run by the biggest goof in the state.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Police Officers 5 min Roscoe B ColeTrain 1
Frank Pelli wrong for north Utica no community ... 18 min Crazy talk 35
Kneeling NFL players 29 min dunces 11
mega nomics mark flagg 40 min The more you know 41
Val Bialas 43 min YUPPP 1
Im not going to bite. 58 min Mike 2
Kelly Brothers 1 hr Tanya 8
Cover up at OCJ 2 hr Howard Cosell 11
Family court race 3 hr Muscle 43
Prostitution bust 4 hr Itstrue 84
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 10 hr Dean 748

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages