Any good

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

I saw an announcement yesterday from the Hitting Machine about a new youth travel baseball organization in the area. Looks like the former Notre Dame coaches are at the head of this along with several area Current and former high school coaches. Any thoughts on this crew?
Truth

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Yeah, if you have money they will gladly take it. Its a business to them, not about instruction. If you want instruction go to the Pioneers, Lynch may not be liked but he teaches baseball the correct way to kids. Hitting Machine fall ball cost $800.00, Pioneers are basically $50 or less. I think your answer is right there.
Ted Williams

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Hitting Machine, if continues to be run by its original owners, is all about their financial interests and not your child's baseball knowledge.
Put your quarters in a machine and let your kid take as many swings as possible. He'll figure it out with your help and save yourself a lot of money.
Expensive

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

$800 for fall baseball! The kid better make the majors after that expense....Don't really know the guys who run it but that is a lot.
hey

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Go to the naturals or pioneers. They are trying to steal naturals and pioneers players so I hear.
They are getting big name coaches, but all the talent is on pioneer and naturals. It is real expensive and you wont get anything out of it. they will have to go waaayy out of town to get any talent.
hey

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Expensive wrote:
$800 for fall baseball! The kid better make the majors after that expense....Don't really know the guys who run it but that is a lot.
*800 per kid? naturals and pioneers is $400 per kid and you get all kinds of stuff, i mean slot and you play albany area baseball.
Hitting machine is started because a couple of those guys got fired as natural coaches
What

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Not every kid has the pay the 800. I know some deals are being made for a couple of great players!!
Truth

Oswego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

I meant 800 per team, i apologize, and its not to play its just for fall ball league. Its a money making thing, probably coaches will be umpires too. My kid is not good enough to play travel ball but now with all of these teams around here he can probably make one of them.
Not bad

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

$800 per team isn't too bad if you figure 10-12 kids per team.

Question is, if there are other area groups and clubs doing this already what new could this group bring to the table?

I have seen it with other sports where the teams get watered down because there are so many leagues in a small area. Hate to see that happen with yet another sport.

Maybe more choices is good for everyone...
Hurricanes

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

bad timing to put a team together called the Hurricanes given the damage done this past weekend.
wow

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

It is a business. The guy said he is opening up a business. I belong to the naturals. I saw some kids who joined the hitting machine team and they wouldnt even come close to making the naturals. If they want talent, they will have to go far away to get it and kids wont travel that far. They have these power point presentations so I hear coming up etc, lol. The naturals or pioneers are alot harder to make and has WAY better talent. This is too much, Cook and Milazzo (guys running it I hear) should just cool it and move on. The naturals is 400 per kid but they get all kinds of stuff, equipment and clothing that you would pay alot more for in a store. They also get a yr membership to a gym and travel to albany area etc for GOOD baseball.
bonds

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Truth wrote:
Yeah, if you have money they will gladly take it. Its a business to them, not about instruction. If you want instruction go to the Pioneers, Lynch may not be liked but he teaches baseball the correct way to kids. Hitting Machine fall ball cost $800.00, Pioneers are basically $50 or less. I think your answer is right there.
not true pioneers cost 595 per kid and fall ball cost 150 taught by jody who is one of the best coaches in cny,
lol

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

bonds wrote:
<quoted text>not true pioneers cost 595 per kid and fall ball cost 150 taught by jody who is one of the best coaches in cny,
Well naturals doesnt cost 595. Jody is a good coach but hated by almost all of new york state. You could be a good coach, but if your not liked, what good is it. Pioneers lost the 9/10/11 yr old
coaches , I wonder why.
noo

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

The 800 per team isnt the hitting machine league. It is just a simple fall baseball league put on by field of dreams where they play at the schuyler field dump. Another league where they have 9 yr olds etc that cant make little league. IT IS NOT hitting machines. hitting machines is alot more expensive than 800 per team.
Enough

Liverpool, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Judged:

Extra baseball is good for all kids, no need to bash anything on here, if you dont like dont join it but keep to yourself. The biggest problem is that travel ball is becoming less competitive, that is the most important thing you should get out of it no matter what program you are joining. You want to have kids gain the edge by playing with kids better than they are, they learn more from playing with kids better than them. If you ask me anything you pay for has to do with business, its not free anywhere you go. Leave all of the programs be and just keep negative comments to yourself.
not enough

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

No, its not enough. These people starting these new leagues grabbing kids that do not belong there is a danger. The talent is taken up. I know alot of the kids that signed up for this. If they play a natural or pioneer 10 or 11 u team, these kids will get hurt.
hating

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

question..if someone is a good coach why would they be hated so much? and..who is it hating them? the opposing coaches, opposing players, players on the coach's team, umpires? i might care depending on who is doing the hating. some might not like the Patriots coach but the guy wins games!
Time will tell

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Well, time will tell if there is enough kids who love to play and have some talent to support more teams. I guess if any of those teams mistreat their players then players will shift to other teams. What is down could become up and what is up could go down.
Player

Manlius, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2011

lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well naturals doesnt cost 595. Jody is a good coach but hated by almost all of new york state. You could be a good coach, but if your not liked, what good is it. Pioneers lost the 9/10/11 yr old
coaches , I wonder why.
He is hated even more now that he is involved with MIKE GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY MACCHIONE.
Mo Money

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2011

Player wrote:
<quoted text>
He is hated even more now that he is involved with MIKE GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY MACCHIONE.
I know who Macchione is but am not all familiar with him or his past deals. What did he do with people's money?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lourdes Festival 22 min Lisa 1
little league world series 29 min The Babe 6
NICOLE WADinhermouthSWORTH 47 min Ohphuck 12
Reptilians in Utica! 48 min krllllll 2
rcil employment 1 hr Underpaid 7
stalker obsession problems 2 hr purple n green dr... 5
why pay for fireworks?? 2 hr Big Time 10
utica national (Jun '13) 2 hr NY Voter 518
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 3 hr Fat Tony Salerno 67
utica aud 3 hr Umm OK 89