Why Italians are Known as Scam Artists?

Why Italians are Known as Scam Artists?

Posted in the Utica Forum

Charles Ponzi

New York, NY

#1 Dec 19, 2008
In no way is this meant to defame my Italian friends but rather to inform the general public of a stereotype that has long since emerged.

Charles Ponzi (March 3, 1882–January 18, 1949) was an Italian immigrant to the United States who became one of the greatest swindlers in American history. He started with just $2.50 in his pocket. His aliases include Charles Ponei, Charles P. Bianchi, Carl and Carlo. The term "Ponzi scheme" is a widely known description of any scam that relies on a "pyramid" of "investors" who contribute money to a fraudulent program.

Examples of pyramid schemes that often go unnoticed by the general public include: Social Security (More retirees than workers), State and Federal Governments (Your tax dollars), Your participation in a company sponsored 401 (k) program (You have no control over your share prices) and many more. To date, our Government, is the biggest perpetrator of Ponzi schemes in the world, but yet only a few have ever taken issue with this.

Could there be a connection between Arcuri, Pelosi, and Ponzi - you decide?
BPS1

Rome, NY

#2 Dec 19, 2008
Charles Ponzi wrote:
In no way is this meant to defame my Italian friends but rather to inform the general public of a stereotype that has long since emerged.
Charles Ponzi (March 3, 1882–January 18, 1949) was an Italian immigrant to the United States who became one of the greatest swindlers in American history. He started with just $2.50 in his pocket. His aliases include Charles Ponei, Charles P. Bianchi, Carl and Carlo. The term "Ponzi scheme" is a widely known description of any scam that relies on a "pyramid" of "investors" who contribute money to a fraudulent program.
Examples of pyramid schemes that often go unnoticed by the general public include: Social Security (More retirees than workers), State and Federal Governments (Your tax dollars), Your participation in a company sponsored 401 (k) program (You have no control over your share prices) and many more. To date, our Government, is the biggest perpetrator of Ponzi schemes in the world, but yet only a few have ever taken issue with this.
If you have to say "this is not to defame" then it already is. GET PAST IT. MIKE ARCURI WON. HE WON. Do you think there is a connection between Zogby and Usama Bin Laden? After all they are both Arabs. What about when your computer crashes, should we blame Bill Gates?
Stop reaching and get a life.
Think first

New York, NY

#3 Dec 19, 2008
BPS1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to say "this is not to defame" then it already is. GET PAST IT. MIKE ARCURI WON. HE WON. Do you think there is a connection between Zogby and Usama Bin Laden? After all they are both Arabs. What about when your computer crashes, should we blame Bill Gates?
Stop reaching and get a life.
EXACTLY !!
It could be

Syracuse, NY

#4 Dec 19, 2008
It could be
omg

Manlius, NY

#5 Dec 19, 2008
DO NOT TRUST ANY UTICA AREA ITALIAN USED CAR DEALERS.

1#their Italian 2# thier used car dealers

you get screwed and then screwed over!!!!
italian

Mountain View, CA

#6 Dec 19, 2008
we are just more confident
Perry

Ithaca, NY

#7 Dec 19, 2008
Charles Ponzi wrote:
No, but I bet he's related to the Jullians
obrien

Joplin, MO

#8 Dec 19, 2008
you can never,ever trust an italian. they are the worst race there is.
MacAdamea

Skaneateles, NY

#9 Dec 19, 2008
you can never,ever trust an italian. they are the worst race there is.

ESPECIALLY if your a cake eating mayonnaise face.. LOL
joshua reece

Scarborough, Canada

#10 Jun 19, 2014
most of them try to pass them selves off as hard working americans.
be careful. 5 out of 10 are tricks

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#12 Jun 19, 2014
joshua reece wrote:
most of them try to pass them selves off as hard working americans.
be careful. 5 out of 10 are tricks
Highly true in the utica region. Always looking for an angle. Why do you think so many are in government there.
Haa

Carthage, NY

#14 Jun 19, 2014
So true

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#16 Jun 19, 2014
x utican wrote:
<quoted text>This is the only time I will ever Agree with you ! Ever !! Ever !!!
I appreciate it and not everyone is always going to agree but that doesn't mean things can't be discussed.

Oh and before someone thinks I'm just bashing on Italians...I'm of Italian heritage but a spade needs to be called a spade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica schools a mess! 20 min Worker 12
Single Male Looking 41 min Francis 1
Ok all you Corvette C6 guys... 1 hr Calling Your Bluff 10
State Audit proves Comets Aud is a scam operation. 1 hr So much for 537
HOw's the "Utica Nano Space Shuttle" doing? 2 hr Roger Throttle Up 37
IBM to Halt NY Expansion 2 hr Own it 33
Why are cowardly Uticans so defensive and petty? 2 hr Why 1
Guess who didnt graduate from ND 2 hr funny that 55
Esche thread deleted...too hot to handle? 4 hr Fail again Tazz 78
Proctor graduation 4 hr Proctard Fail 36