WKTV promotes illiteracy

WKTV promotes illiteracy

Posted in the Utica Forum

Backwoods television

Herkimer, NY

#1 Feb 18, 2014
When the Washington Post reported the story of a conservative group espousing secession for upstate from downstate New York, WKTV decided instead to lead with their own story of succession.
I agree that the words may sound, even look, similar. But, even in the backwoods of Utica, NY, there remains a HUGE difference.
One might hope that our local television NBC affiliate would know the difference.
When in Rome -area-

Gary, IN

#2 Feb 18, 2014
Ahhh as the saying goes... "When in Rome.... NY area."

You're lucky most of them can run the newfangled magic TVs to see it in the first place.
R U Sure

Herkimer, NY

#3 Feb 19, 2014
Can this really be true?
Backwoods television

Herkimer, NY

#4 Feb 19, 2014
I see that someone at WKTV found their error in the over night submission on their web site and changed the spelling.
You're welcome.
Are You Aware

Utica, NY

#5 Feb 19, 2014
This was a MAJOR contributor to our winning WWII.

Norden bombsight

Enola Gay bombardier Thomas Ferebee with the Norden Bombsight on Tinian after the dropping of Little Boy.
The Norden bombsight was a tachometric bombsight used by the United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) and the United States Navy during World War II, and the United States Air Force in the Korean and the Vietnam Wars to aid the crew of bomber aircraft in dropping bombs accurately. Key to the operation of the Norden were two features; an analog computer that constantly calculated the bomb's trajectory based on current flight conditions, and a linkage to the bomber's autopilot that let it react quickly and accurately to changes in the wind or other effects.

Together, these features allowed for unprecedented accuracy in day bombing from high altitudes; in testing the Norden demonstrated a circular error probable (CEP) of 23 metres (75 ft), an astonishing performance for the era. This accuracy allowed direct attacks on ships, factories, and other point targets. Both the Navy and the AAF saw this as a means to achieve war aims through high-altitude bombing, without resorting to area bombing, as proposed by European forces. To achieve these aims, the Norden was granted the utmost secrecy well into the war, and was part of a then-unprecedented production effort on the same scale as the Manhattan Project.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Understanding the Adirondack Scenic Railroad co... (Mar '14) 19 min My Point 81
Hotel Utica finally sold ! 23 min Taxpayer 1
Dead Beat Dad Jack Kunkel Supports Community 25 min Cindy 6
Why does Kristin Copeland wear black pants ever... 28 min Sandy 6
hatch denied parole (Jul '14) 32 min Lonnie 6
Kristin Copeland 44 min Tyrone 33
Heather Gaetano 49 min Bad apples 2
Jill Reales hips 1 hr Dave 25
Michele Gulla ? 1 hr Slippery scammer 24
Creek side New Hartford, breakfast, lunch, or h... 12 hr Think agan 8
We don't have a racism problem in America! 20 hr Disgusted 124
More from around the web

Personal Finance