First Prev
of 2
Next Last
clueless

Fayetteville, NY

#23 Dec 1, 2009
Hida wrote:
<quoted text>
poor little shaver 's anger is really fear. What is wrong that makes you afraid little shaver? Maybe you are trying to flirt with Hida?
Using a proxy is fear little girl,now you tell mama not to shave
you down there, that's bad touch,bad touch.
Hida

Costa Mesa, CA

#24 Dec 1, 2009
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
Using a proxy is fear little girl,now you tell mama not to shave
you down there, that's bad touch,bad touch.
Don't know about proxy, what you do with. why little shaver so concerned about private things. Little shaver is lonely? And afraid?
Steve O

Utica, NY

#25 Dec 1, 2009
yes wrote:
It USED to stand for the Association for Retarded Citizens.
You are correct.
Soooooooo

Manlius, NY

#26 Dec 1, 2009
So what does NAACP stand for now to be PC?
Just a little information

Syracuse, NY

#27 Jan 27, 2010
The way it was explained to me is at one time ARC stood for Assoiation for Retarted Children. Later on, as these children grew into adulthood and ARC grew the name was changed to Association for Retarded Citizens. As time went by, the word retarded became unacceptable, or politically incorrect. The people are not unacceptable; just the "label". It is my understanding that The Arc decided to drop the accromyn and call themselves The Arc. The people at The Arc do a wonderful job for the most part. Just as you and I are imperfect, so are the employees at The Arc. Not everyone is 100% right all the time but as a family unit they usually do a great job. There are many loving caring people at The Arc who do all they can to provide for the needs of individuals who might otherwise be unable to help themselves.

I suggest people get over worrying about what ARC stands for and get more involved in what the Arc of Oneida-Lewis Chapter, NYSARC is trying to accomplish. If you are interested in working there to help improve the lives of these wonderful individuals, I encourage you to apply; IF you are a caring, compassionate person. There are also opportunities to volunteer. If you don't wish to work there or volunteer or work there, you can always give a donation. It will be appreciated, no matter how large or small it is.

I think it is everyone's responsibility to try to make the world a better place.
Harry Houghton III

East Syracuse, NY

#28 Jan 28, 2010
Just a little information wrote:
The way it was explained to me is at one time ARC stood for Assoiation for Retarted Children. Later on, as these children grew into adulthood and ARC grew the name was changed to Association for Retarded Citizens. As time went by, the word retarded became unacceptable, or politically incorrect. The people are not unacceptable; just the "label". It is my understanding that The Arc decided to drop the accromyn and call themselves The Arc. The people at The Arc do a wonderful job for the most part. Just as you and I are imperfect, so are the employees at The Arc. Not everyone is 100% right all the time but as a family unit they usually do a great job. There are many loving caring people at The Arc who do all they can to provide for the needs of individuals who might otherwise be unable to help themselves.
I suggest people get over worrying about what ARC stands for and get more involved in what the Arc of Oneida-Lewis Chapter, NYSARC is trying to accomplish. If you are interested in working there to help improve the lives of these wonderful individuals, I encourage you to apply; IF you are a caring, compassionate person. There are also opportunities to volunteer. If you don't wish to work there or volunteer or work there, you can always give a donation. It will be appreciated, no matter how large or small it is.
I think it is everyone's responsibility to try to make the world a better place.
The Arc is a great company with great cause and has some real good employees. On the other hand there management sucks. Starting from Angela VanDehoff down to the program managers. Angela has no respect for the parents of her consumers. She is very rued and very outspoken. She like to threaten people on the phone then hang up to. Very classy lady if you ask me. Some of there program managers are very shady people and allow illegal activity to go on in the homes of the there consumers. Staff has made many complaints to HR department and to the program managers and nothing happens. The same people still work there and the ones who speak up get fired. These people will lie and deceive you just to make themselves look good and keep there jobs. I am a former employee and have a son who gets services from these people. I do not want my son to be driven around by someone who is high or drunk. I’m a concerned parent who has some issues with this company. I like when I call down there about an issue with my son the hang up on my and tell me to get a lawyer and sue them.“ That statement came right out of Angela’s mouth.”
Sorry I have so much negativity but when you would like to talk to someone the hang up on you I have no respect for them.
danny

Middleville, NY

#29 Jan 29, 2010
Harry Houghton III wrote:
<quoted text>
The Arc is a great company with great cause and has some real good employees. On the other hand there management sucks. Starting from Angela VanDehoff down to the program managers. Angela has no respect for the parents of her consumers. She is very rued and very outspoken. She like to threaten people on the phone then hang up to. Very classy lady if you ask me. Some of there program managers are very shady people and allow illegal activity to go on in the homes of the there consumers. Staff has made many complaints to HR department and to the program managers and nothing happens. The same people still work there and the ones who speak up get fired. These people will lie and deceive you just to make themselves look good and keep there jobs. I am a former employee and have a son who gets services from these people. I do not want my son to be driven around by someone who is high or drunk. I’m a concerned parent who has some issues with this company. I like when I call down there about an issue with my son the hang up on my and tell me to get a lawyer and sue them.“ That statement came right out of Angela’s mouth.”
Sorry I have so much negativity but when you would like to talk to someone the hang up on you I have no respect for them.
Harry, give it a rest already!!
grego

Nashville, TN

#30 Feb 1, 2013
ubbthica wrote:
I'm not trying to be funny, I'm asking because I honestly don't know. Is it:
A.) American Red Cross
B.) Adult Rehabilitation Center
C.) Association of/for Retarded Children
I've gotten used to saying The ARC without never really being sure of what it means. I always thought the R stood for Retarded, but I know it's not only for children.
Please help me.
association of retarded citizens of Tennessee..i have a picture of a candy machine that has its logo
IN THE DAY

Utica, NY

#31 Feb 1, 2013
ubbthica wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what did it USED to stand for?
It was Association for Retarded Children.
Really

Utica, NY

#32 Feb 1, 2013
Hida wrote:
It maybe stand for mind your own business little shavers. Eat babnas. Grow healthy.
What's a babna?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More threats 5 min Utica 1
mike lynch and karen 21 min Your son 5
Slice pizzeria 25 min Mike 2
Joette Mancuso 37 min Fact 35
Work On Aud Improvements 39 min An Even Better Bu... 428
Salintino take down your signs 40 min Snowytino 7
NH online is locked down 1 hr Fact 8
Kelly Uvanni or the Summitt car girl? 4 hr No Batman Costume... 20
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 4 hr Scotts Smirk Slapped 704
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 6 hr JUST gettin started 98