First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fat douche

Utica, NY

#22 Jan 13, 2013
Ed ain't no box of chocolates.
chalupa

Utica, NY

#23 Jan 14, 2013
Fat douche wrote:
Ed ain't no box of chocolates.
What are you talking about? Ed is the only competent one on that entire board. Anytime the guy attempts to ask a question, he continuously gets stonewalled and made out to be a trouble maker. It's kinda like the definition of insanity when you keep doing things over and over and expect a different result. Unfortunately, with the cast of characters that make up the current library board, what chance does ANY board member have who attempts to break from the status quo and ask questions? Guaranteed, their fate will be labeled much like Ed's has. They will be branded a trouble maker just for asking some key questions. That's just the way Linda and Co. roll.
agatha c

Utica, NY

#24 Jan 14, 2013
chalupa wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Ed is the only competent one on that entire board. Anytime the guy attempts to ask a question, he continuously gets stonewalled and made out to be a trouble maker. It's kinda like the definition of insanity when you keep doing things over and over and expect a different result. Unfortunately, with the cast of characters that make up the current library board, what chance does ANY board member have who attempts to break from the status quo and ask questions? Guaranteed, their fate will be labeled much like Ed's has. They will be branded a trouble maker just for asking some key questions. That's just the way Linda and Co. roll.
Is the reserve fund used to pay for board members' "business"trips to conventions?
chalupa

Utica, NY

#25 Jan 14, 2013
agatha c wrote:
<quoted text>Is the reserve fund used to pay for board members' "business"trips to conventions?
You mean the fund that nobody was supposed to know about? IMO, indirect compensation as needed. Besides, why didn't prior audits show the existence of this fund? Answer: because it was intentionally concealed. Nice little private dipping pool.
Hmm

Camillus, NY

#26 Jan 15, 2013
Just checked the NH Libary website and no financial statements have been posted since 2008. I would expect financials to be assessed and posted on a yearly basis. Why was this allowed?

http://www.newhartfordpubliclibrary.org/Finan...

It is also interesting that no meeting minutes have been posted since May of last year:
http://www.newhartfordpubliclibrary.org/2012M...

and that no meetings are yet scheduled for 2013:
http://www.newhartfordpubliclibrary.org/Publi...

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#27 Jan 18, 2013
Perhaps if Mr. Wiatr spent less time pouring over copies of utility invoices, he might not have been so surprised to learn about the fund balance.

I sit on a non-profit board that looks at the fund balance at every meeting -- we have never looked at utility invoices.
not so much

Utica, NY

#28 Jan 18, 2013
frankcor wrote:
Perhaps if Mr. Wiatr spent less time pouring over copies of utility invoices, he might not have been so surprised to learn about the fund balance.

I sit on a non-profit board that looks at the fund balance at every meeting -- we have never looked at utility invoices.
That makes sense but you can't find something if the rest of the board refuses to give you what they're hiding. Ed has suggested all along things we're being concealed and these morons were quick to label him a conspiracy theorist. Guess he wasn't wrong Afterall.
Proud of the Crown Dummy

Utica, NY

#29 Jan 18, 2013
frankcor wrote:
Perhaps if Mr. Wiatr spent less time pouring over copies of utility invoices, he might not have been so surprised to learn about the fund balance.
I sit on a non-profit board that looks at the fund balance at every meeting -- we have never looked at utility invoices.
The only thing you sit on is your thumb.

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#30 Jan 18, 2013
not so much wrote:
That makes sense but you can't find something if the rest of the board refuses to give you what they're hiding. Ed has suggested all along things we're being concealed and these morons were quick to label him a conspiracy theorist. Guess he wasn't wrong Afterall.
Based on what I see on the video from the board meeting, no one advocates hiding information from Ed Wiatr. What they seem to be objecting to are his requests for hundreds (maybe thousands) of photocopied documents. He was told repeatedly that if he wants to see the originals, he can go to the library and look at them himself. That doesn't sound like hiding information.

I was dismayed by how rude Mr. Wiatr behaved at the board meeting. All those members volunteer their time and deserve to be treated with respect.
Daylight Dan

Utica, NY

#31 Jan 18, 2013
So you support Libray Director Hans Plembeck gleefully emailing Library President Linda Romano that he was conducting secret videos of library patrons while they were in the library.

You support Linda Romano who before the re-chartering vote admitted that the $1,000,000 budget was more then they need but was going to ask for it anyway.

You support a Library President and Library Treasure who proclaimed that they didn't have enough money and would have to reduce their hours if they didn't get $1,000,0000.Now it turns out they were hidding $100,000 not only from Ed Waitr but the New Hartford Town Board.

There are over 20,000 people in New Hartford I say fire the whole bunch and get some new blood on the library board. Linda Romano does not own the library and it can do quite well without her.

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#32 Jan 19, 2013
Daylight Dan wrote:
So you support Libray Director Hans Plembeck gleefully emailing Library President Linda Romano that he was conducting secret videos of library patrons while they were in the library.
You didn't read that in my message. I didn't address it at all. I see a lot of frustrated people acting childishly in that video.
Daylight Dan wrote:
You support Linda Romano who before the re-chartering vote admitted that the $1,000,000 budget was more then they need but was going to ask for it anyway.
I think the board believed that $1 million would enable them to achieve their strategic goals. It's likely they felt it was in the best interest of the organization to ask for what they needed. As it turns out, portions of the community rejected the notion.
Daylight Dan wrote:
You support a Library President and Library Treasure who proclaimed that they didn't have enough money and would have to reduce their hours if they didn't get $1,000,0000.Now it turns out they were hidding $100,000 not only from Ed Waitr but the New Hartford Town Board.
What you see as hiding money, the board sees as maintaining a reserve balance; one of their their fiduciary responsibilities.
Daylight Dan wrote:
There are over 20,000 people in New Hartford I say fire the whole bunch and get some new blood on the library board. Linda Romano does not own the library and it can do quite well without her.
On this we can agree: changes in the board need to occur. The video displays evidence of board members who do not understand the role of board members. Ms. Romano let the meeting get out of control, allowing members to speak over one another. Does she know what a gavel is for?
Gavel Granny

Utica, NY

#33 Jan 19, 2013
When I drive by the library it seems it is never open. Maybe I am much too early in the day. 11:00 am is when I usually go by and don't see any evidence of life in the parking lot. Why don't they resemble a board in the float when on tuesday it was not too late?
Go over the pool of voters for a noted action with notable reactionary force. If there ever was one a new capable of resigning over their budget formulation when thursday was speculated by most observers.
Daylight Dan

Utica, NY

#34 Jan 19, 2013
If I remember corretly, Library Director Hans Plembeck also said during a library Trustee board meeting that the Pledge of Aligence to our Flag was a "waste of time. In fact, his comment was cought on tape.
So, in addtion to being a sneak for videoing secretly library patrons he's unpatriotic. The question is: Why does Linda Romano contnue to support him?
Gavel Granny

Utica, NY

#35 Jan 19, 2013
Daylight Dan wrote:
If I remember corretly, Library Director Hans Plembeck also said during a library Trustee board meeting that the Pledge of Aligence to our Flag was a "waste of time. In fact, his comment was cought on tape.
So, in addtion to being a sneak for videoing secretly library patrons he's unpatriotic. The question is: Why does Linda Romano contnue to support him?
The pledge of allegence to our flag is a birthright endowed on us by the first amendment and cannot be put assunder by man alone, or woman alone. So, it doesn't matter if it is Linda Bonomo or Hans Flemlock they can't take away the birthmark.
hmm

Camillus, NY

#36 Jan 19, 2013
Gavel Granny wrote:
When I drive by the library it seems it is never open. Maybe I am much too early in the day. 11:00 am is when I usually go by and don't see any evidence of life in the parking lot. Why don't they resemble a board in the float when on tuesday it was not too late?
Go over the pool of voters for a noted action with notable reactionary force. If there ever was one a new capable of resigning over their budget formulation when thursday was speculated by most observers.
Gavel Granny -
Here are the library hours from the NH Library website ( www.newhartfordpubliclibrary.org/ ):
Sunday: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM (Closed Sunday from July 1 to Labor Day)
Monday: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Wednesday: CLOSED
Thursday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

The NH Library recently reduced operating hours for Friday. I wonder if the Library received input from their patrons (or looked at previous history) when making this decision. I would have thought Friday would have been one of their busier days....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
biggest area jerk off 3 min Ozzy 4
Why I left (and love it!) 26 min Old Erie 5
ford says talerino should step down 44 min May Need Meds 5
Time Warner Cable: frequent internet service di... 48 min Someone who knows 5
CNY "media" always begging for fake "Charity" &... 50 min Turkeys for turkeys 1
Know you're a Utica Comets Welfare Hockey fan w... 1 hr Utica Welfare Comets 19
Joe Bonanossa Joining Allman Brothers 1 hr Joes loser fans 45
Charlie Shove 1 hr brobrah 49
frozen dome classic 6 hr Nobody cared 44
Local Greaser Angelo "Wopslop" Nole dies! Good ... 7 hr Deam that dream 23
state farm new hartford 10 hr Knows him 46
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:09 pm PST

NFL 8:09PM
Bills grateful for Lions' hospitality in Detroit
NFL 8:09 PM
Bills grateful for Lions' hospitality in Detroit
NFL 7:22 AM
Bills fan plans to keep 21-year game streak going with trip to Detroit
NBC Sports11:10 AM
Jerry Hughes fined $22,050 for abusive language to an official
NBC Sports12:47 PM
Eric Decker admits it's tough to see Emmanuel Sanders's success
Bleacher Report 1:30 PM
Kennard Learned What It Takes to Be Successful from Dad
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Bills practice in Detroit prepping for Jets game - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Bills practice in Detroit prepping for Jets game - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:51 PM
Doug Marrone: Fred Jackson likely to play vs. Jets
NBC Sports 6:04 PM
Rested Cowboys favored over Giants on SNF - NBC Sports