AMMO

Dallas, TX

#1 Jan 28, 2014
ok, I am confused. One store tells me I have to pay the troopers $10 to buy Ammo. Another store tells me that I need to go through a fed background check. Another says I don't need to do nothing. It makes no difference, nobody has 22LR anywhere. What is wrong with this state//country when there is not any cheap plunking ammo?

Either way, this new law is obviously confusing to almost everyone. What is the purpose?
Noammo

New Hartford, NY

#2 Jan 28, 2014
Dont matter if you cant find any ammo. You mine as well get a pellet gun about same as a .22
Ammo 2

Rome, NY

#4 Jan 28, 2014
I've called the State help line and spoke to 3 differant people asking the same question and I also received 3 differant answers. No one really knows what the law is. They are just repeating word of mouth from some else, and no one is able to comprehend what the penal law section and all the amendments made to are . Kinda like throwing darts at a board with a blind fold on
Cranky

Marcy, NY

#5 Jan 29, 2014
2nd amendment rights trampled hard again. Leaving NY the only answer
dummypants

United States

#6 Jan 29, 2014
Welcome to Joe Biden's America.
Tullammo

New Hartford, NY

#8 Jan 29, 2014
Goto dicks in the mall they have .22 ammo. I dint require no backround check. They only let you buy one package at a time
how simple can u b

Syracuse, NY

#9 Jan 29, 2014
Open Letter from New York State Police Superintendent Joseph A. D’Amico
The sections of the NYSAFE Act pertaining to ammunition sales go into effect on January 15, 2014. The aim of those provisions is to protect the public by keeping ammunition out of the hands of those prohibited from possessing it under federal and state law, including criminals and the dangerously mentally ill. The purpose of this letter is to update all New Yorkers regarding the requirements of the law:
1) The law requires that as of January 15, 2014, all sellers of ammunition must register with the State Police. Individuals convicted of a felony offense or who are mentally ill will not be approved as ammunition dealers. Individuals holding a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL) will not need to take any action in order to continue selling ammunition; FFL registration will be done automatically by the State Police.
Businesses that sell ammunition but are not FFLs must register with the New York State Police using the form available at www.nysafeact.com . Registration forms must be postmarked by January 15, 2014.
2) The law requires that as of January 15, 2014, all ammunition transfers take place in person, including internet sales, which must be facilitated by a New York State ammunition seller. However, organizations that distribute ammunition on their premises may register to continue to receive direct shipments of ammunition. Registration forms are available at www.nysafeact.com .
This type of registration may be of particular interest to shooting ranges, hunting clubs, and youth safety and education programs, as it will allow those groups to continue to receive discounted ammunition directly from the manufacturer.
In addition, units of government that employ peace and/or police officers under the New York State Criminal Procedure Law are not required to register and will be able to buy ammunition for official use and receive direct shipments of ammunition.
The law will also require retail sellers to do background checks and record sales once a New York State database is established and operational. The State database is currently under construction and not operational, and prior notice will be given to all sellers on a timely basis before the database is completed and any requirements are relevant.
(3) If you're too freakin stupid to understand the above then please do NYS the honor of moving to Texas or sucking on some buckshot.
Purple Tie

Rome, NY

#10 Jan 29, 2014
WOW must work for State Breath in deep and relax
how simple can u b wrote:
Open Letter from New York State Police Superintendent Joseph A. D’Amico
The sections of the NYSAFE Act pertaining to ammunition sales go into effect on January 15, 2014. The aim of those provisions is to protect the public by keeping ammunition out of the hands of those prohibited from possessing it under federal and state law, including criminals and the dangerously mentally ill. The purpose of this letter is to update all New Yorkers regarding the requirements of the law:
1) The law requires that as of January 15, 2014, all sellers of ammunition must register with the State Police. Individuals convicted of a felony offense or who are mentally ill will not be approved as ammunition dealers. Individuals holding a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL) will not need to take any action in order to continue selling ammunition; FFL registration will be done automatically by the State Police.
Businesses that sell ammunition but are not FFLs must register with the New York State Police using the form available at www.nysafeact.com . Registration forms must be postmarked by January 15, 2014.
2) The law requires that as of January 15, 2014, all ammunition transfers take place in person, including internet sales, which must be facilitated by a New York State ammunition seller. However, organizations that distribute ammunition on their premises may register to continue to receive direct shipments of ammunition. Registration forms are available at www.nysafeact.com .
This type of registration may be of particular interest to shooting ranges, hunting clubs, and youth safety and education programs, as it will allow those groups to continue to receive discounted ammunition directly from the manufacturer.
In addition, units of government that employ peace and/or police officers under the New York State Criminal Procedure Law are not required to register and will be able to buy ammunition for official use and receive direct shipments of ammunition.
The law will also require retail sellers to do background checks and record sales once a New York State database is established and operational. The State database is currently under construction and not operational, and prior notice will be given to all sellers on a timely basis before the database is completed and any requirements are relevant.
(3) If you're too freakin stupid to understand the above then please do NYS the honor of moving to Texas or sucking on some buckshot.
Birnie Bus Man

Utica, NY

#11 Jan 30, 2014
Just go make your purchase. The rest will take care of itself. NYS, and perhaps the nation, is truly lost. One problem is "they", not the people select the sellouts we call governor or president, etc... We sit back and hear the news tell us "the people" elected so and so, and become convinced that the will of the majority has prevailed, when for all we know a majority may actually feel as we do, such as about guns,etc., but the psyops has you believe the opposite. It's ALL a mindfck to keep us confused, divided, dumbed down and/or discouraged and compliant. Hence, status quo remains and we lose more rights and freedoms...
My Opinion

Utica, NY

#12 Jan 30, 2014
" The aim of those provisions is to protect the public by keeping ammunition out of the hands of those prohibited from possessing it under federal and state law, including criminals and the dangerously mentally ill."
I say, we should be able to purchase ammo without the background check, by displaying a valid pistol permit for the caliber being purchased. If we can legally own the weapon, why can't we purchase the ammo for it without a hassle?
Ridiculous law!!!!
chuck manson

Syracuse, NY

#13 Jan 30, 2014
Birnie Bus Man wrote:
Just go make your purchase. The rest will take care of itself. NYS, and perhaps the nation, is truly lost. One problem is "they", not the people select the sellouts we call governor or president, etc... We sit back and hear the news tell us "the people" elected so and so, and become convinced that the will of the majority has prevailed, when for all we know a majority may actually feel as we do, such as about guns,etc., but the psyops has you believe the opposite. It's ALL a mindfck to keep us confused, divided, dumbed down and/or discouraged and compliant. Hence, status quo remains and we lose more rights and freedoms...
YES! that's what i've been saying all along! the only way to fight it is to wear a tinfoil hat! get off of me! no you're not, yes i am. ruff ruff...
My Opinion

Utica, NY

#14 Jan 30, 2014
Birnie Bus Man wrote:
WOW! Right on target. I've been saying the same thing for years. They can tell us anything through the drive by media and we accept it. How do we know it's true. Who checks or follows up with the factual count? The same goes for government spending. How do we really know that's how much they gave this, that organization, government agency or country? We take the government's word for it with no questions asked. Politicians lining their pockets big time. I say our government is the biggest money launderer there is. Biggest taxpayer back stabber (Safe Act) also.
Birnie Bus Man

Utica, NY

#15 Jan 30, 2014
My Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Right on target. I've been saying the same thing for years. They can tell us anything through the drive by media and we accept it. How do we know it's true. Who checks or follows up with the factual count? The same goes for government spending. How do we really know that's how much they gave this, that organization, government agency or country? We take the government's word for it with no questions asked. Politicians lining their pockets big time. I say our government is the biggest money launderer there is. Biggest taxpayer back stabber (Safe Act) also.
Absolutely. Glad to see and know there are more of us out here who necessarily trust very little and see the forest through the trees! Imagine if just 2 of 3 adult Americans could/would so the same, including tin foil hat boy nemesis above. Amazing how so many Americans are violently willingly to defend the system and status quo despite the obvious facts demonstrating they're getting scammed and shammed!
chuck manson

Syracuse, NY

#16 Jan 30, 2014
http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

get yours today birnie & myopi !
Stevied

New Hartford, NY

#17 Jan 30, 2014
Do you really believe anything on the news? They got you blinded to whats really going on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
yanadasis closes club house 11 min knowing 8
Good Morning Robert Oliveira 13 min Youre A Simpleton 18
Robert T Oliveira Charged with Domestic Violence 20 min Robert Oliveira 12
Famous Utican False Myths 28 min Wow 6
BOCES- uncertified teachers 29 min education is a joke 10
Criminals At The Whitesboro Prison 38 min Curious 5
Robert Oliveiras Life 42 min Robert Oliveira 2
Westmoreland Rd Elementary School Whitesboro - ... 4 hr wondering the sam... 49
NH new AD, you blew it already. 4 hr JusticeDefiled13501 8
Teb's son arrested from NH. 5 hr Reality Check 22