City of Utica Layoffs

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

Utica, NY

#1 Mar 17, 2013
Vescera and Zecca: City should try furloughs
11 days per person...Fire, Police, DPW....
Ed Norton

Rome, NY

#2 Mar 17, 2013
Layoff Those good for nothing Lazy Asses!!,

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#3 Mar 18, 2013
The whole city should just fold. Shut its doors. If it were a business it would have been gone decades ago.
homeowner

Utica, NY

#5 Mar 18, 2013
IMO this is an excellent idea. Why should the City employees be treated any different than other private business employees have been experiencing with layoffs and closings of businesses.

I have my doubts if this blood hungry vulture Common Council will ever agree to this but applaud Vessara and Zecca for sticking up for the taxpapers that are paying for all these City workers' salaries.
Uticav34

New Hartford, NY

#6 Mar 18, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
The whole city should just fold. Shut its doors. If it were a business it would have been gone decades ago.
pig.
tax payer

Utica, NY

#8 Mar 18, 2013
Wasn't there a posting for a City position in this sundays OD
Should be laying off at city hall.
kamakazell

Syracuse, NY

#9 Mar 18, 2013
The vote will either be 6 to 3 or 7 to 2 against, the only 2 people on the council that have any compassion for the taxpayer are Zecca and Vescera. Now you will see the true bloodsuckers on the council and the public safety unions. Marino, Colosimo, Bucciero,and Meola will vote against this proposal for sure.
Haha

Camillus, NY

#10 Mar 18, 2013
kamakazell wrote:
The vote will either be 6 to 3 or 7 to 2 against, the only 2 people on the council that have any compassion for the taxpayer are Zecca and Vescera. Now you will see the true bloodsuckers on the council and the public safety unions. Marino, Colosimo, Bucciero,and Meola will vote against this proposal for sure.
dude you are ridiculous you are so ignorant to really think the fire department and Upd are ruining Utica. It the scum bags not working and selling drugs that is finally catching up with America. Now go cry like your life is over cause your mortgage is going up 5 bucks a month ya f in pulper. What a desperado. Do you tell people on here that you were a firman and have a pension you make no sence you want what is good for you.
enough

United States

#11 Mar 18, 2013
Ust CUT their pay and make them pay for their own retirement and pensions. STOP the overtime. STOP the show up pay. STOP the promotions. Enough is enough!!!!!j
Blue Flu

Utica, NY

#12 Mar 18, 2013
The only thing there is enough of is your mouth! I'm never going to have to pay for my own retirement and pension, the overtime will not stop, the show up pay is not going away and the promotions will continue......or else!! LOL!!
kamakazell

Syracuse, NY

#13 Mar 18, 2013
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>dude you are ridiculous you are so ignorant to really think the fire department and Upd are ruining Utica. It the scum bags not working and selling drugs that is finally catching up with America. Now go cry like your life is over cause your mortgage is going up 5 bucks a month ya f in pulper. What a desperado. Do you tell people on here that you were a firman and have a pension you make no sence you want what is good for you.
Go find a cave and crawl into it, you are a joke, being as stupid as you are, if I was you I would never post on any message board, once you do the people will know you are stupid, did you get past the 4th grade? go back to school and try to get your GED. then maybe you might have some useful thoughts.
Haha

Camillus, NY

#14 Mar 18, 2013
kamakazell wrote:
<quoted text>Go find a cave and crawl into it, you are a joke, being as stupid as you are, if I was you I would never post on any message board, once you do the people will know you are stupid, did you get past the 4th grade? go back to school and try to get your GED. then maybe you might have some useful thoughts.
I noticed you didn't have a real response. I just don't get how you can think people think you have credibility when you are, and have made a living off the very things you are bashing. Tell us what separates you from the Upd and Ufd members now. So if your so generous to the city then why don't you take a pay cut from the pension us tax payers help you earn and donate to the city . I can't wait to hear how you spin this
duke

Utica, NY

#15 Mar 18, 2013
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed you didn't have a real response. I just don't get how you can think people think you have credibility when you are, and have made a living off the very things you are bashing. Tell us what separates you from the Upd and Ufd members now. So if your so generous to the city then why don't you take a pay cut from the pension us tax payers help you earn and donate to the city . I can't wait to hear how you spin this
He worked for his pension which was negotiated in good faith and was agreed to in a contract . He agreed to work for it, and his employer agreed to pay it to him. Now he is free to analyze and explain the problems as he sees them without the fear of retribution that could affect his job. Would you not value the observations of an inside observer? Priceless. Keep it up Pete, we need transparency to make informed decisions. It's called democracy!
pete

Utica, NY

#16 Mar 18, 2013
duke wrote:
<quoted text>
He worked for his pension which was negotiated in good faith and was agreed to in a contract . He agreed to work for it, and his employer agreed to pay it to him. Now he is free to analyze and explain the problems as he sees them without the fear of retribution that could affect his job. Would you not value the observations of an inside observer? Priceless. Keep it up Pete, we need transparency to make informed decisions. It's called democracy!
Duke did you say he "worked" I started laughing and fell out of my chair!
homeowner

Utica, NY

#17 Mar 18, 2013
kamakazell wrote:
The vote will either be 6 to 3 or 7 to 2 against, the only 2 people on the council that have any compassion for the taxpayer are Zecca and Vescera. Now you will see the true bloodsuckers on the council and the public safety unions. Marino, Colosimo, Bucciero,and Meola will vote against this proposal for sure.
They ALL be voted OUT of office at the next Election by the taxpapers that are getting fed up with Utica's politics and greed.

We should convince Zecca or Vescera to run for our next Mayor. Boy, wouldn't that shake up the political machine - LOL!
Haha

Camillus, NY

#18 Mar 18, 2013
duke wrote:
<quoted text>
He worked for his pension which was negotiated in good faith and was agreed to in a contract . He agreed to work for it, and his employer agreed to pay it to him. Now he is free to analyze and explain the problems as he sees them without the fear of retribution that could affect his job. Would you not value the observations of an inside observer? Priceless. Keep it up Pete, we need transparency to make informed decisions. It's called democracy!
well first of all I don't have to apologize for my salary as a Utica cop because I have been in numerous situations where I have earned every penny so we will get that cleared up secondly if Pete was so upset and thought there was corruption then why did he not say anything and collect his check or so called dirty money if he felt that way. In my book that's a hypocrite. Plus you can't violate a contract. If the city wants to negotiate this in a new contract when it comes up then fine but a councilmen can't just decide to not pay a contract it will never win. Like I said in a future negotiation maybe.
Utica Trolls

Utica, NY

#19 Mar 18, 2013
Joan Murphy, Doug Joslin, and Pete Cerminaro.... Wouldn't the world be a lot better off without you topix trolls. How disgusting you people are. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Wake Up

Utica, NY

#20 Mar 19, 2013
homeowner wrote:
<quoted text>They ALL be voted OUT of office at the next Election by the taxpapers that are getting fed up with Utica's politics and greed.
We should convince Zecca or Vescera to run for our next Mayor. Boy, wouldn't that shake up the political machine - LOL!
yeah but wouldn't Vescera have to actually be a Utica resident before he could run for mayor? This guy is a sleezy, whining slumlord who is only in politics for his own benefit.
do something positive

Utica, NY

#21 Mar 19, 2013
Utica Trolls wrote:
Joan Murphy, Doug Joslin, and Pete Cerminaro.... Wouldn't the world be a lot better off without you topix trolls. How disgusting you people are. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
www.uticaphoenix.net
do something positive

Utica, NY

#22 Mar 19, 2013
Utica Trolls wrote:
Joan Murphy, Doug Joslin, and Pete Cerminaro.... Wouldn't the world be a lot better off without you topix trolls. How disgusting you people are. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Hey Utica Troll,
Because you had no balls.
Instead of crapping on here, do something constructive. Attend council meetings. Suggest improvements. Contribute.
Be a man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sebastian DiCesare 5 min cat killa 1
cornhill protest 19 min Look Where He Lives 38
Joe Bonanossa Joining Allman Brothers 23 min Who Jerks Off 85
Another Meth Lab Busted 34 min PEKKA_PO 4
EDGE's $TEVE DIMEO is driving Oneida County int... 53 min amazing 2
Ferguson I have learned many things 53 min Just A Thought 2
Who is Michael Nassar 55 min badge bunny 19
New Windows Stinks 56 min Windows Sux 27
black friday - racist term or not? (Nov '13) 1 hr luvlyroz 20
wktv hits ultimate low 3 hr Yeah right 43

Lake Effect Snow Warning for Oneida County was issued at November 28 at 3:46PM EST

Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:10 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:10PM
5 Bold Predictions for New York Jets' Week 13 Matchup
Bleacher Report 7:03 PM
Breaking Down Cleveland's Game Plan vs. Buffalo
Bleacher Report 8:27 PM
Complete Giants Preview for Jags Game
Bleacher Report 9:04 PM
Is SF's Season over After Thanksgiving Loss?
Bleacher Report 9:22 PM
Complete Week 13 Preview for New York
Bleacher Report 2:00 AM
Bold Predictions for Browns' Week 13 Matchup
Bleacher Report 4:27 AM
Full Dolphins Preview for Jets Game
Bleacher Report 5:14 AM
Dolphins vs. Jets Full Betting Preview
NBC Sports 6:24 AM
Fans flood former Bills linebacker Darryl Talley with contributions
NBC Sports 9:27 AM
Michael Vick is sick, and not just of watching Jets