President wants minimum wage at 9 bu...

President wants minimum wage at 9 bucks an hour.

Posted in the Utica Forum

Level 8

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Feb 13, 2013
9 bucks hardly qualifies as living
KOONS

Fayetteville, NY

#3 Feb 13, 2013
When it goes to 9, everything will go up, KOON FAIL.

Level 8

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Feb 13, 2013
I unstand what your saying. I'm just saying it should be a bit higher.
UrClueless

Holyoke, MA

#6 Feb 13, 2013
Terry wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been making 7.25 work but things are tight. 9 will make things much better for me.
If they raise the min wage to $9, things will still be tight. You do know that prices for goods will increase in order for employers to cover this increase. So the $9 you'll be making will be the same as the $7.25 your making now..does that make sense ?
hank hill

Mokena, IL

#8 Feb 15, 2013
They're just trying to get everybody up in that higher tax bracket lol!
UrClueless

Medford, MA

#9 Feb 15, 2013
Terry wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of makes sense but like the president says, you can work full time at 7.25 an hour and still be in poverty. That should not be.
WHATEVER the minimum wage is, and you work full time, you will always still be in poverty. If they raised it to $20 an hour, prices for everything go up, so your in the same boat. The trick to it all is to climb the ladder or get the schooling/training you need to get ahead. Its been said on here before that the minimum wage was meant to be an entry level pay...put in your time and you get raises, finish school and your pay jumps up...its a no brainer! thats just the way its supposed to work. To many people, mostly younger ones are pampered by their parents and teachers all thru school, or they grow up leeching off society, and when they hit the real world on their own, they are shocked that they have to work for a living. Sorry for the rant, no disrespect meant

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Level 8

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#10 Feb 15, 2013
I remember fifteen cent hamburgers too, what do you think your kids are going to tell their children ?($3.50)
No it does not

New Hartford, NY

#11 Feb 15, 2013
UrClueless wrote:
<quoted text>
If they raise the min wage to $9, things will still be tight. You do know that prices for goods will increase in order for employers to cover this increase. So the $9 you'll be making will be the same as the $7.25 your making now..does that make sense ?
Actually, prices raise whether or not minimum wage goes up. This will help these working poor. My concern is that it will hurt small business owners. They should raise the minimum wage every year, by a few cents rather than jump from 7.25 to 9.00 all at once.
hank hill

Mokena, IL

#13 Feb 15, 2013
No it does not wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, prices raise whether or not minimum wage goes up. This will help these working poor. My concern is that it will hurt small business owners. They should raise the minimum wage every year, by a few cents rather than jump from 7.25 to 9.00 all at once.
don't govt employees (the real ones) get cost of living raises each year or so? Why do they assume their the only ones affected by inflation?
all for it

Utica, NY

#14 Feb 15, 2013
I'm for a $ 9.00 minimum wage and for banning all tipping.
lil missy

Herndon, VA

#15 Feb 20, 2013
9.00 an hr is hardly enough! however its better than what we have now! besides if u pay attention, prices on everything is going up regaurdless if wages do!!! when all the working folks are starved to death and no longer able to work, whos gonna make the fat cats their money then! the working class people are what makes the wheel spin!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I like freaking my friends out by.... 11 min Notification 1
Trump was amazing 16 min Yourdad 4
Wibx Keeler, the dead beat 17 min Try again goof 58
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 28 min Lopezito 274
House of Good Shepherd 32 min lol 23
Utica NY: Worst ecomomy in the US 35 min Dem Fail All Day 6
ACS/Xerox 35 min Curious 1
Body at Olbiston Apts? 1 hr Piggy 23
Frank Duross, all his teams, have failed. (Jun '13) 5 hr Interesting 44
Carbone Sold 6 hr Cokeheads R US 20