Remington Arms is gonna go!!

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
red alert

Dover, DE

#1 Dec 18, 2012
http://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x2105857297...

NEW YORK Cerberus is planning to sell its stake in Freedom Group, maker of the Bushmaster rifle, following the school shootings in Newtown, Conn.

The private equity firm said that the shootings were a watershed event in the national debate on gun control. While it said that it is not its role to take positions or attempt to shape or influence the gun control debate, Cerberus said it can take action by selling its stake in Freedom Group.

"We believe that this decision allows us to meet our obligations to the investors whose interests we are entrusted to protect without being drawn into the national debate that is more properly pursued by those with the formal charter and public responsibility to do so," the company said in a statement.

On Friday, 26 people were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in one of the worst mass shootings in U.S history. The gunman, Adam Lanza, used a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle during the shootings.

Cerberus said Tuesday that it was deeply saddened by Friday's events. The New York firm said that it will hire a financial adviser to help with the process of selling its Freedom Group interests.

Cerberus affiliates made a financial investment in Freedom Group in 2006. The firm said that Freedom Group does not sell weapons or ammunition directly to consumers, and that it does not believe that "Freedom Group or any single company or individual can prevent senseless violence or the illegal use or procurement of firearms and ammunition."

Cerberus Capital Management makes investments on behalf of clients that include the pension plans of firemen, teachers, policemen, and other municipal workers and unions, endowments and other institutions and individuals.

Money made from the Freedom Group stake sale will be returned to its investors, Cerberus said.

Cerberus is planning to sell its stake in Freedom Group, maker of the Bushmaster rifle, following the school shootings in Newtown, Conn.

The private equity firm said that the shootings were a watershed event in the national debate on gun control. While it said that it is not its role to take positions or attempt to shape or influence the gun control debate, Cerberus said it can take action by selling its stake in Freedom Group.

"We believe that this decision allows us to meet our obligations to the investors whose interests we are entrusted to protect without being drawn into the national debate that is more properly pursued by those with the formal charter and public responsibility to do so," the company said in a statement.

On Friday, 26 people were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in one of the worst mass shootings in U.S history. The gunman, Adam Lanza, used a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle during the shootings.

Cerberus said Tuesday that it was deeply saddened by Friday's events. The New York firm said that it will hire a financial adviser to help with the process of selling its Freedom Group interests.

Cerberus affiliates made a financial investment in Freedom Group in 2006. The firm said that Freedom Group does not sell weapons or ammunition directly to consumers, and that it does not believe that "Freedom Group or any single company or individual can prevent senseless violence or the illegal use or procurement of firearms and ammunition."

Cerberus Capital Management makes investments on behalf of clients that include the pension plans of firemen, teachers, policemen, and other municipal workers and unions, endowments and other institutions and individuals.

Money made from the Freedom Group stake sale will be returned to its investors, Cerberus said.
4 fun

United States

#2 Dec 18, 2012
Beautiful I baought into it yesterday when this article appeared it's already coming back up. 9% is a nice tick and nobody in their right minds would pass this up.
t1ruth will set you free

Waltham, MA

#3 Dec 18, 2012
You can buy into freedom group
Badge

Utica, NY

#4 Dec 18, 2012
Cerberus has put an awful lot of capital into Remington ................just can't see it going toes up though even after this massacre.
lol

Syracuse, NY

#5 Dec 18, 2012
Didn't they just sign a 5 year contract to bring work there?
4 fun

United States

#6 Dec 18, 2012
Anyone who doesn't sign into a trading acct and throw everything they can risk at this and the other dropping gun manufacturer's stock is seriously missing out on a once a year or so opportunity. Since Friday gun sales are going through the roof yet Rem Sig Rug and dozens of other PT gun manufacturers are dropping fast. This is a classic crisis opportunity guys. If you doubt me bookmark this page and come back in a week with their 2 week stock charts. Some are already going up woohoo!
Ooops

Syracuse, NY

#7 Dec 18, 2012
lol wrote:
Didn't they just sign a 5 year contract to bring work there?
Not a done deal yet ask richard hannah
tony

Camillus, NY

#8 Dec 18, 2012
Doesn't mean jack sh it, they have a military contract and just had to hire, they are all set and not going anywhere, pretty much like yourself.
4 fun

United States

#9 Dec 18, 2012
tony wrote:
Doesn't mean jack sh it, they have a military contract and just had to hire, they are all set and not going anywhere, pretty much like yourself.
Lol says the utican named "Tony" posting from youtica who didn't have a nickel to risk?
Times Union

Syracuse, NY

#10 Dec 18, 2012
tony wrote:
I hope your right but the article in the times union albany newspaper this week did not help our concerns for the company. Point is we want/need the jobs HERE, not another company being relocated elsewhere courtesy of NYS.
tony

Camillus, NY

#11 Dec 18, 2012
4 fun wrote:
<quoted text> Lol says the utican named "Tony" posting from youtica who didn't have a nickel to risk?
Post your address, I'll take a nickle and knock the teeth out of your who re mother, don't worry I'll have the who re call you up from the basement to watch it get slammed.
4 fun

United States

#12 Dec 18, 2012
Sorry loud fat utican you can't afford the gas to get here lol! Don't cry in your next life you might get out of the utica life lmao! It's not your fault your parents left you grow up there not knowing anything but the dole job to earn. Boo hoo bitch.
4 fun

United States

#13 Dec 18, 2012
Don't ever forget fortune always favors the bold. The meek inherit sh*t!
tony

Camillus, NY

#14 Dec 18, 2012
Scared gutless fa gget, like daddy.
Gone

Utica, NY

#15 Dec 18, 2012
Agreed, you can kiss this one goodbye in six months to a year at the most.
red alert wrote:
http://www.uticaod.com/latestn ews/x2105857297/Equity-firm-to -sell-stake-in-gun-company-aft er-tragedy
NEW YORK Cerberus is planning to sell its stake in Freedom Group, maker of the Bushmaster rifle, following the school shootings in Newtown, Conn.
Cerberus is planning to sell its stake in Freedom Group, maker of the Bushmaster rifle, following the school shootings in Newtown, Conn.
4 fun

United States

#16 Dec 18, 2012
I'm sorry your daddy was so scared and gutless all he could raised was you and these sad problem solving skills. Go find a threat that is more your speed caveman! Thanks for reminding me why I work so hard to avoid ending up or having kids that ended up like you. in your frozen sh*thole there crying at people who at least try to do something but be stuck in sh*t all their lives. Time for bed now you gotta go pay off that 20 year mortgage I bet! The saying here is "Justification for Higher Education"! Ciao!
rights rights

Utica, NY

#17 Dec 18, 2012
the sales of these bushmaster guns are selling off the shelves because the americans know they are going to ban them ,,, sales are higher in newton Ct ckeck the news one business owner said they had to call another gun dealer to see if they would selll the guns to them the FBI background check system was overloaded with requests people had to wait an hour to get a reply
4 fun

United States

#18 Dec 18, 2012
Money all day if you can afford to sit the quater out you'll make a killing off people afraid of killing. Golden opportunity here and more so if they ban them like last time half my personal stuff triples in value overnight! Win win.
just curious

Boston, MA

#19 Jan 19, 2013
Anyone on here, working at Remington or not, has to admit the future is looking bleak for Remington Arms in Ilion. People keep saying they would never move, it would cost too much. They wouldn't move shit. They would simply move the equipment worth moving, and leave the other 75% of the garbage behind and sell it at auction or scrap it. A state like Texas would be more than happy to help them with the cost of that, like New York did for Marlin, and they would have a state of the art facility that would only require half the employees, they would have no union, and Mexico is a stones throw away. I always wonder why if they are so profitable (forget their annual SALES numbers, I'm talking profit) why do they keep changing owners? If I owned a company that was making me a fortune year after year, why would I sell it? I think there is a lot more going on with this place than anyone here knows or realizes, and it's definitely a powder keg (no pun intended)....just sayin'...
shut your trap

Chittenango, NY

#20 Jan 19, 2013
tony wrote:
<quoted text>Post your address, I'll take a nickle and knock the teeth out of your who re mother, don't worry I'll have the who re call you up from the basement to watch it get slammed.
wow. Ur a pretty hateful miserable thing arnt ya

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mysterious creature spotted living in Utica har... 5 min Utica harbor monster 1
Name a business that's not around anymore. (Oct '13) 1 hr customer 221
Utica Is The Second Best 1 hr fake cs 4
ask your legislator why he votes the sales tax ... 1 hr Huh 7
WKTV morning weather 2 hr Frustrated2 2
Mega Local mooch 2 hr System cheat 3
Limescale film on clear shower doors. (May '13) 3 hr cleanhelp 27
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE