Utica on list of 11 most miserable pl...
Mick

Whitesboro, NY

#22 Nov 22, 2013
Instead of crying, lets do something about this!!!
truth here

Utica, NY

#23 Nov 23, 2013
Mick wrote:
Instead of crying, lets do something about this!!!
And do tell us what to do about the SPEND and TAX policies of reject Mayors who spend like drunken sailors as Roefaro did, depleted all it's reserves funds, and tack on to city debt what we can't pay for. The country is a bowl of cherries and Utica is where the pits go. Utica has been cooked and well done for years and the politicians are still picking at the bones. Just stay use to be broke and having less and less to spend every year.
cold hard fact

United States

#24 Nov 23, 2013
They are like crack addict. They wont recognize what they are and that there is a problem so they forever attack the people who notice how screwed up it is there. It will never change it is too ingrained into the local mindset. Along with meth crack and spending.
truth

Utica, NY

#26 Nov 23, 2013
Former Utican wrote:
I don't come on this site much. When I do it's to feel good about leaving. I moved to a bigger house with 1/2 the taxes. Winter is a month long and the crime rate is almost non existent. There are jobs, nice roads, beaches, lakes and mountains. Google Cary, NC for yourself. Unless I have a specific reason, I see no need to return to Utica for more than a day or 2. Those are the facts.
This is what the 10's of thousands of people who already say to.
Mick

Springfield, NJ

#27 Nov 23, 2013
truth here wrote:
<quoted text>
And do tell us what to do about the SPEND and TAX policies of reject Mayors who spend like drunken sailors as Roefaro did, depleted all it's reserves funds, and tack on to city debt what we can't pay for. The country is a bowl of cherries and Utica is where the pits go. Utica has been cooked and well done for years and the politicians are still picking at the bones. Just stay use to be broke and having less and less to spend every year.
That doesn't solve anything. Admit it, Utica is bad because everyone (on topix) WANTS IT TO BE BAD!
Yeah sure

United States

#28 Nov 23, 2013
Mick wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't solve anything. Admit it, Utica is bad because everyone (on topix) WANTS IT TO BE BAD!
Safe to say you don't earn any money because of your brains with ridiculous logic like that.
truth

Utica, NY

#29 Nov 24, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what the 10's of thousands of people who already say to.
I meant to say, this is what 10's thousands of people who already left Utica say to. My bad.
NH Stud

San Jose, CA

#30 Nov 24, 2013
Hey, I've got a three car garage. And I can afford to take trips to a sugar white beach of my choice whenever I want. Life is worth living in New Hartford. While Utica burns, we fiddle.
truth here

Utica, NY

#32 Nov 24, 2013
Mick wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's bad because it's bad, so bad we need to fill it up with third world refugees who are use to living in squalor. We have the, highest sales tax in the country, high property taxes, goat paths for roads, high school taxes, few services except for refugee and welfare services, the highest number of sexual predators, high crime, high sewer and water rates, the highest paid police and firemen in the country with unsustainable padded pension and health care cost, mismanagement of taxpayers and federal funds just to name a few things but other wise it's not to bad with easy access to all the drugs and alcohol you want with one of the lowest mortality rate in the country.
Heyoootica lobster boy

Dublin, Ireland

#33 Nov 24, 2013
We need to hire twice the UPD officers an exterminate the blacks who make this great city a disgusting hole.

Flooding this place with blacks an disease from other countries has destroyed Utica.
Buzzer

Ithaca, NY

#39 Nov 24, 2013
lol wrote:
Cary, NC
Adam st, Gary St, W Durham RD, little dumps all over.
Dump.
Graduate or professional degree: 23.9%
Unemployment in July 2013: 5.4%
Asian alone - 17,620
Black alone - 10,485
Hispanic - 10,364
natural disasters: Hurricanes: 5, Tornadoes: 3, Storms: 3, Floods: 2, Ice Storms: 2,
I believe all of those natural disasters have occurred in the Mohawk Valley in the past three years. Oh... wait... except Cary doesn't have blizzards. Interesting.

Also, at least Cary has nice houses... They might be McMansions, but at least they're NEW. You look around the MV, and you'll see "optimistic" sellers asking $50k for a $12k house built in the 1800s. Then they wonder why they've been on the market for 3, 5, or even 10 years.
Roefaro screwed Utica up

Utica, NY

#40 Nov 25, 2013
Listen in 4 years your ex-mayor Roefaro sent you back to the dark ages. Utica's budget under his administration was 63 million dollars but he was spending on average between 70-75 million dollar while empting all your reserve accounts. This was all while using those funds to hide with the help of Michael Cerminaro actual tax increases of over 25% per year. Roefaro shenagins will actually be the end of Utica as we know it and is bankrupt. Nobody really know how much he has harmed the taxpayers as taxes will continue to skyrocket with no relief in sight except for your refugees and generational welfare clients.
Jared

Columbus, OH

#41 Nov 25, 2013
Utica was doomed 10 years ago. It is the armpit of New York State, and the rest of the state knows it.
Rare

United States

#42 Nov 25, 2013
Amen! Land of the lost, dreamer edition.
10000 welfare public cops

United States

#44 Nov 26, 2013
Free ride on taxpayers.
Cretin Hob Alert

Gouverneur, NY

#45 Nov 26, 2013
10000 welfare public cops wrote:
Free ride on taxpayers.
It's the cop hating Cretin Hob above. His mother takes a free clam ride on his face every day.
10000 welfare public cops

United States

#46 Nov 26, 2013
Loser above. Thinks anyone cares. Chases a "Cretin Hob" character.... thinks that means something another than he's been played. Tell me idiot, who is a hob? LMAO!!
Cretin Hob Alert

Gouverneur, NY

#47 Nov 26, 2013
10000 welfare public cops wrote:
Loser above. Thinks anyone cares. Chases a "Cretin Hob" character.... thinks that means something another than he's been played. Tell me idiot, who is a hob? LMAO!!
You is a Hob Cretin! Lol.
ItsYourMother

United States

#48 Nov 26, 2013
Look at the mental infants crying because the outside world labeled them a grade A shthole! Ha! And they think they're not screaming up out of an outhouse hole!
Sid

Columbus, OH

#49 Nov 26, 2013
Well, at least Utica has some notoriety, even if it sucks. I think this list was made before we got the sign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beer tanks floating down the Erie Canal - big n... 10 min Only in Utica 4
New Hartford is slowly becoming Utica (Sep '14) 25 min bobber 24
Moving to New Hartford 30 min smmy 6
Kennedy Plaza is an Automat Machine for Drugs 33 min Push 1
Where's X new Hateford cop Chrissy Burns working? 36 min John 9
ATTN: Kayliegh "TAZZ" Hanna aka "Topix Racist" 49 min Yes 10
Work On Aud Improvements 52 min Sun 433
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 1 hr One Down 103
Joette Mancuso 2 hr fact 16
Kelly Uvanni or the Summitt car girl? 7 hr Mmm mmm good 9