Utica on list of 11 most miserable pl...

Utica on list of 11 most miserable places to live

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ohyeah

Utica, NY

#1 Nov 21, 2013
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-10-most-mi...

Well Pissente finally did it...now we hit the lowest of the low.
Exactly what I thought

Vernon, NY

#2 Nov 21, 2013
You're proud of yourself for posting this now? That's an old article. Spend less time on Topix and more on newsworthy sites and you might learn something...and no I don't mean uticaod.com .

Now go try it...
a miserable Utican

United States

#3 Nov 21, 2013
Exactly what I thought wrote:
You're proud of yourself for posting this now? That's an old article. Spend less time on Topix and more on newsworthy sites and you might learn something...and no I don't mean uticaod.com .
Now go try it...
Oh yeah, this is from March of this year. Soooo long ago. I'm sure Utica/Rome has moved right up there as the number 1 place to live since then. After all we have a 10,000 high paying jobs at the chip plant now.
News Flash

Utica, NY

#4 Nov 21, 2013
And it's going to get a lot worse for taxpayers and homeowners each and every year as taxes max out, sewer rates, and water rates skyrocket.
Mick

Whitesboro, NY

#5 Nov 21, 2013
Will you relax? It's number 11 out of 11
good news

Utica, NY

#6 Nov 22, 2013
WE are the highest of all the lows
urataxmonger

Utica, NY

#7 Nov 22, 2013
Now go try it...
Why, yes, Tony and/or Eleanor, they should be proud for bringing your handiwork to the attention of the voters. Your tax rate is inexcusable and you are a lousy manager.
Im very sorry

Utica, NY

#8 Nov 22, 2013
I feel so sorry for the people in Utica. It has to be one of the worse places to live in the country, not to mention one of the highest taxed cities and county in the country with nothing to show for it besides how run down and war torn it looks. Your refugees must feel right at home. The women are nothing more than welfare baby making machines the hard working people there must support. Very sad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Utica is not bad

New Paltz, NY

#9 Nov 22, 2013
Im very sorry wrote:
I feel so sorry for the people in Utica. It has to be one of the worse places to live in the country, not to mention one of the highest taxed cities and county in the country with nothing to show for it besides how run down and war torn it looks. Your refugees must feel right at home. The women are nothing more than welfare baby making machines the hard working people there must support. Very sad.
Who are you to say the women are nothing more than welfare baby making machines??? I have lived in the Utica area my whole life and as long as me and my husband have a great job I will never leave!! People that put down Utica do not see all the great things this city offers. Grass is NOT greener on the other side.
Way to go

United States

#10 Nov 22, 2013
Now go try it...
Another cny loser who never got out of there advocating sticking your head in the sand. Gee that's always worked out so well for you upstate cavemen.

Own it. You contribute to it by your sheeplike ignorance and denials of the truth about the place.
Exactly what I thought

Ardsley, NY

#11 Nov 22, 2013
Sorry...but you're wrong. I've lived in 3 states, college educated and have a good job with a nice home in the north country away from the rif-raf.

I choose to live here. Sure my taxes aren't the lowest by any stretch of the imagination, but I pay it and go about my business. My kids go to school, the roads are plowed and paved, I have to pay my part.

While our taxes are high go and see what kind of home 250k will buy you in other parts of the country...not much. It all evens out.

Can't wait to hear your rebuttal...oh wait you won't reply.
Way to go

United States

#12 Nov 22, 2013
Sorry...but you're wrong. I've lived in 3 states, college educated and have a good job with a nice home in the north country away from the rif-raf.
I choose to live here. Sure my taxes aren't the lowest by any stretch of the imagination, but I pay it and go about my business. My kids go to school, the roads are plowed and paved, I have to pay my part.
While our taxes are high go and see what kind of home 250k will buy you in other parts of the country...not much. It all evens out.
Nothing evens out so shut the fuck up substandardasshole. You're an idiot you have only seen 3 states and Utica and NY are CONSISTENTLY ranked as the LOWEST form of living in the country.
I live near a sugar white beach, pay no property tax an don't live in a corrupt cesspool freezing your assholes off.

Did your mommy break a glass mercury thermometer off in yourasshole when you were little idiot? Keep telling yourself you live in such a "wonerful" place...... where there are now more TAKERS than MAKERS in the highest taxed welfare nany state. You upstate losers are so pathetic you're like drug addicts- you have to admit to YOURSELF you have a problem first before you can change. You're thin skinned, poorly educated and live inshit. Get over yourself and learn a little tough talker.
Reality

Antwerp, NY

#13 Nov 22, 2013
I hate to align myself with some of the "I Hate Utica" posters on here because many of them lack tact. That being said, it doesn't really equal out that much. Utility costs, property taxes, sales tax are all higher than the National averages. Add to that the fact that more often than not we require higher usage of those utilities due to the weather. There is also a huge difference in job salaries in this area when compared to the National averages for the same types of employment. So what you have is, lower housing costs that you can't really benefit from because of the higher cost of living of everything else and the lower than average salaries available. Even gas prices are more expensive in this small area. Drive down the Thruway in either direction and the prices drop, even though Oneida Co. is on the same route as other areas. I'm sorry to say that you must take everything into consideration when speaking about living in this area, not just the lower housing costs.
lmnsss

Potsdam, NY

#14 Nov 22, 2013
Way to go wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing evens out so shut the fuck up substandardasshole. You're an idiot you have only seen 3 states and Utica and NY are CONSISTENTLY ranked as the LOWEST form of living in the country.
I live near a sugar white beach, pay no property tax an don't live in a corrupt cesspool freezing your assholes off.
Did your mommy break a glass mercury thermometer off in yourasshole when you were little idiot? Keep telling yourself you live in such a "wonerful" place...... where there are now more TAKERS than MAKERS in the highest taxed welfare nany state. You upstate losers are so pathetic you're like drug addicts- you have to admit to YOURSELF you have a problem first before you can change. You're thin skinned, poorly educated and live inshit. Get over yourself and learn a little tough talker.
You don't pay property tax because you live in a ghetto apartment complex, and you probally work at Mc-D's I'm glad you like it where you're at because we don't want your stinking scumbag ass back here.I hope you didn't procreate because the country doesn't need another fucktard like you. GFY
truth here

Utica, NY

#16 Nov 22, 2013
News Flash wrote:
And it's going to get a lot worse for taxpayers and homeowners each and every year as taxes max out, sewer rates, and water rates skyrocket.
Very true for the ones stupid enough to still live in Utica or Oneida county for that fact. It's a magnet for third world refugees who don't expect much anyways and are use to poor condition and the welfare seekers who destroy everything around them. You can't even say there is a nicer neighborhood anymore as welfare seekers and baby making refugees infiltrated each nook and cranny of your disintegrating rat hole you call Utica.
Way to go

United States

#17 Nov 22, 2013
lmnsss wrote:
<quoted text>You don't pay property tax because you live in a ghetto apartment complex, and you probally work at Mc-D's I'm glad you like it where you're at because we don't want your stinking scumbag ass back here.I hope you didn't procreate because the country doesn't need another fucktard like you. GFY
Waaaaah! Waaaaah Waaaah! The usual lowlife reply, no point, can't deny how pathetic it is there, just waaaah! Waaaah ! Waaaah!
Masters. Civil seal. I could probably buy you. You do live in overtaxed NY so save it. You're probably a public servant because most upstate jobs are govt. handout jobs so who the fuck are you kidding upstate inbreed?
Buzzer

Ithaca, NY

#18 Nov 22, 2013
Utica is not bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to say the women are nothing more than welfare baby making machines??? I have lived in the Utica area my whole life and as long as me and my husband have a great job I will never leave!! People that put down Utica do not see all the great things this city offers. Grass is NOT greener on the other side.
The grass can't get any more brown over here...
No4sure

Hatfield, MA

#19 Nov 22, 2013
Way to go wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing evens out so shut the fuck up substandardasshole. You're an idiot you have only seen 3 states and Utica and NY are CONSISTENTLY ranked as the LOWEST form of living in the country.
Yeah right...if you live on a sugar white beach then why the hell are you reading Topix from Utica. Why would you even care what goes on here?? Dream on dreamer... You probably live in Corn Hill. If you hate it here, then stay out of here. It's that simple. Go back to sugar beach and keep on dreaming.
joe

Clark Mills, NY

#20 Nov 22, 2013
THe whole country is going down the tubes hang on for the ride,doesn't matter what party you belong too,and I got my hand out besides
Way to go part deux

Vernon, NY

#21 Nov 22, 2013
You live on a sugar white beach... no you don't. My god please don't profess that you do and then come on Utica Topix. You're probably the same guy with the 3 car garage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trump is IN CONTROL HEAR 1 hr NotGoingAway 28
Golf in Upstate NY 1 hr BlueBlood 37
Bella Regina health/codes violations AGAIN! 2 hr TinaR1974 9
Lu Lu Spa in New York Mills 2 hr Johnny Gets Off 6
Dr. Costello unnecessary cruelty 2 hr Slim 18
Alex Carbone dating Savannah Lei 2 hr Slim 38
Welfare Comets kissing playoffs GOODBYE! 2 hr High-speed 7
Cuomo pitching statewide platic bag ban. 3 hr NY Vampire State 22

Utica Jobs

Personal Finance