The Republican Party Is An Endangered Species!!!

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Average Citizen

Cedar Grove, NJ

#1 Oct 3, 2013
Mark my words; if they keep their BULLS*IT up for very much longer and get much more news coverage on how that party is holding the country hostage like a big bunch of babies who can't get their way, millions of Americans are going to see right through their obstructive, elitist bulls*it and do something about the party and its ways. All they care about and stand for is protecting the wealth, income and profits of the wealthiest 2% of this country and big business, period! Republicans ARE NOT looking out for the interests of the other 98% of us--can't you all see that??? If you can't now, in time I believe you will. And no, I'm not a Democrat OR a Republican, obviously. The Republican party HAS TO GO, or at least be drastically reformed, or it will go the way of the dinosaur. Americans are really fed up with how dysfunctional our government is becoming.
Truth

Utica, NY

#2 Oct 3, 2013
Average Citizen wrote:
Mark my words; if they keep their BULLS*IT up for very much longer and get much more news coverage on how that party is holding the country hostage like a big bunch of babies who can't get their way, millions of Americans are going to see right through their obstructive, elitist bulls*it and do something about the party and its ways. All they care about and stand for is protecting the wealth, income and profits of the wealthiest 2% of this country an d big business, period! Republicans ARE NOT looking out for the interests of the other 98% of us--can't you all see that??? If you can't now, in time I believe you will. And no, I'm not a Democrat OR a Republican, obviously. The Republican party HAS TO GO, or at least be drastically reformed, or it will go the way of the dinosaur. Americans are really fed up with how dysfunctional our government is becoming.
You need to stop watching so much MSNBC. Your whole rant is exactly what Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow and the Reverend Al spout every night.

Exactly who's interest is the Democrat president protecting in granting hundreds of Affordable care Act waivers to big business? The Republicans have asked for a one year delay for everyone, not just those connected big business people. How is that not fair?

There is plenty of blame to go around.
U R correct

Utica, NY

#3 Oct 3, 2013
They are an endangered species and they did this to themselves.

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#4 Oct 3, 2013
As a life-long conservative republican I am truly distressed by the takeover of the party by radical conservatives. I am also amazed that they canít see that they are doing more harm to their cause by moving further and further to the right. Although I agree with a majority of their ideas they are making it much more difficult to get their agenda moving by alienating a large number of the support base. This country will NEVER support a radical conservative president. Instead of moving toward the center to get some of their programs passed they are moving farther to the right and getting none of their agenda passed. A moderate republican would have easily defeated Obama but the tea-partiers hijacked the nomination and ended up losing to a highly vulnerable incumbent. When will they learn that the way to win is to run in the middle then move to the right? We will never get everything we want but we may get some of our goals accomplished if we learn to play the game right.

Defeating Obamacare with this congress will be impossible. We need to cut our loses and work toward getting control of the Senate. We will never win this political war by alienating those voters we someday hope to gain. We are trying to win a marathon by sprinting out of the gate. We need to accept that we canít stop Obamacare at this point in time. If we strengthen our base, move toward the center and get more moderates in office, then we will be able to move the party and the country toward more conservative ideals.
Truth

Utica, NY

#5 Oct 3, 2013
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
As a life-long conservative republican I am truly distressed by the takeover of the party by radical conservatives. I am also amazed that they canít see that they are doing more harm to their cause by moving further and further to the right. Although I agree with a majority of their ideas they are making it much more difficult to get their agenda moving by alienating a large number of the support base. This country will NEVER support a radical conservative president. Instead of moving toward the center to get some of their programs passed they are moving farther to the right and getting none of their agenda passed. A moderate republican would have easily defeated Obama but the tea-partiers hijacked the nomination and ended up losing to a highly vulnerable incumbent. When will they learn that the way to win is to run in the middle then move to the right? We will never get everything we want but we may get some of our goals accomplished if we learn to play the game right.
Defeating Obamacare with this congress will be impossible. We need to cut our loses and work toward getting control of the Senate. We will never win this political war by alienating those voters we someday hope to gain. We are trying to win a marathon by sprinting out of the gate. We need to accept that we canít stop Obamacare at this point in time. If we strengthen our base, move toward the center and get more moderates in office, then we will be able to move the party and the country toward more conservative ideals.
Here's the problem with what you're saying. The rhetoric about the Republican Party moving further and further right is nothing new. Been hearing that for many years. Did it ever occur to you that it may just seem that way because Democrats and much of our population have moved further to the left? A lot of the trouble they have is because they don't have the press in their corner the way the left does.

If Obamacare isn't stopped/delayed now, it never will be. Once it is instituted there is no putting that genie back in the bottle. that's why those who were elected on platforms of turning it back are fighting so hard now and also why the president and his accomplices in congress are unwilling to compromise. They know that the sooner the masses are enrolled in this program the harder it will be to turn it back.

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6 Oct 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the problem with what you're saying. The rhetoric about the Republican Party moving further and further right is nothing new. Been hearing that for many years. Did it ever occur to you that it may just seem that way because Democrats and much of our population have moved further to the left? A lot of the trouble they have is because they don't have the press in their corner the way the left does.
If Obamacare isn't stopped/delayed now, it never will be. Once it is instituted there is no putting that genie back in the bottle. that's why those who were elected on platforms of turning it back are fighting so hard now and also why the president and his accomplices in congress are unwilling to compromise. They know that the sooner the masses are enrolled in this program the harder it will be to turn it back.
Anyone who canít see that the republicans are moving farther to the right doesnít understand why the tea-party was created. They were created because the Rush Limbaugh/Glen Beck crowd convinced some republicans that the party wasnít conservative enough. They preached that in order to be a ďtrueĒ republican you had to be a complete conservative. Not just politically, but financially and moralistically also. There are some of us conservatives who think government should get out of peoples bedrooms, stop preaching religion and end the war on (certain) drugs. We support equal rights for all and we donít want religion forced on us. We donít believe the government should legislate morality or against morality. We believe in smaller government that works for the people it represents. We believe the government should help those who canít help themselves but not those who wonít help themselves. I think you see where Iím going here.

On a side note; Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck, the saviors and heroes of the republican party have done more damage to conservatism than any liberal ever could. If you look back to their early days during the 80ís, when politicians were afraid of being labeled as a ďliberalĒ to where we have progressed today we can see what they have accomplished. The media was just as liberal then as it is now. The difference then was that moderate conservatives had a place in the Republican Party. Now the party only caters to the extreme right wing. It has become an ďall or nothingĒ party with no tolerance for those of us with less extreme viewpoints.
lefty larry

Syracuse, NY

#7 Oct 3, 2013
jd13501 sees it for what it is. ...and the republican party is coming apart at the seams. there's alot to like about chris christie (no pun...) but i'll bet he'd switch parties before he'd acquiesce to the likes of the tea baggers. this isn't going to end well for the GOP. i happen to enjoy that but it's happening so clearly that to deny it is just silly at this point.
UR AN IDOT

Utica, NY

#8 Oct 3, 2013
lefty larry wrote:
jd13501 sees it for what it is....and the republican party is coming apart at the seams. there's alot to like about chris christie (no pun...) but i'll bet he'd switch parties before he'd acquiesce to the likes of the tea baggers. this isn't going to end well for the GOP. i happen to enjoy that but it's happening so clearly that to deny it is just silly at this point.
L:Lefty ,dont you have to transport some women who need a ride to the abortion clinic or help for the illegals crossin the border,they could also use a ride ...how bout you ride right into France and you all can pay high taxes and wait in line for health care while the other lazy liberals like yourself can figure out ways to get free stuff.....liberals are losers
Play Catch Up

Miami, FL

#9 Oct 3, 2013
Average Citizen wrote:
The Republican party HAS TO GO, or at least be drastically reformed, or it will go the way of the dinosaur. Americans are really fed up with how dysfunctional our government is becoming.
Nah people will get rid of the obviously dysfunctional Dems first. The repubs may try but they just can't top the Liberal's "accomplishments" like NY, Ca and Detroit. They have a lot of catching up to do!
Play Catch Up

Miami, FL

#10 Oct 3, 2013
Grocery Stores on Army Bases Closed, Obama's Golf Course Open...
lefty larry

Syracuse, NY

#11 Oct 3, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If Obamacare isn't stopped/delayed now, it never will be. Once it is instituted there is no putting that genie back in the bottle. that's why those who were elected on platforms of turning it back are fighting so hard now and also why the president and his accomplices in congress are unwilling to compromise. They know that the sooner the masses are enrolled in this program the harder it will be to turn it back.
Exactly! Now you're getting it! Once the ACA is fully functional (which is well underway) there's no turning back. Just as with social security and medicare. The current tantrum/antics are the republicans last feeble attempt at altering the inevitable. They're in panic mode now and the infighting is something to behold. The dems on the other hand if nothing else remain strong and united. Haven't heard the bark of a blue doggy in ages! So they're gonna win this one. There can't be many tricks left for the right to throw at Obamacare. They've taken about all the rope there is to be given! Best to save what's left for salvage efforts rather than self hanging dont'cha think?
Da Law

Ilion, NY

#12 Oct 3, 2013
lefty larry wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Now you're getting it! Once the ACA is fully functional (which is well underway) there's no turning back.
Tell me, are you even remotely familiar with the area's health care landscape?

Given that central NY already suffers from a shortage of primary care physicians, not to mention the almost catastrophic lack of specialists, how do you think the ACA is going to impact service levels?
Play Catch Up

Miami, FL

#13 Oct 3, 2013
lefty larry wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! Now you're getting it! Once the ACA is fully functional (which is well underway) there's no turning back. Just as with social security and medicare. The current tantrum/antics are the republicans last feeble attempt at altering the inevitable. They're in panic mode now and the infighting is something to behold. The dems on the other hand if nothing else remain strong and united. Haven't heard the bark of a blue doggy in ages! So they're gonna win this one. There can't be many tricks left for the right to throw at Obamacare. They've taken about all the rope there is to be given! Best to save what's left for salvage efforts rather than self hanging dont'cha think?
It can be rolled back. US is trillions in debt and simply can't afford it. What will they do next stomp their feet or lie more to defend the last of the democrats after next year?
simple

Utica, NY

#14 Oct 3, 2013
the GOP demise can't come soon enough.. The damage that they have done will long live their importance.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#15 Oct 3, 2013
Play Catch Up wrote:
<quoted text>Nah people will get rid of the obviously dysfunctional Dems first. The repubs may try but they just can't top the Liberal's "accomplishments" like NY, Ca and Detroit. They have a lot of catching up to do!
You might want to do a little research on CA, they are actually doing quite well now, they are now showing Budget surpluses.
Truth

Utica, NY

#16 Oct 3, 2013
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who canít see that the republicans are moving farther to the right doesnít understand why the tea-party was created. They were created because the Rush Limbaugh/Glen Beck crowd convinced some republicans that the party wasnít conservative enough. They preached that in order to be a ďtrueĒ republican you had to be a complete conservative. Not just politically, but financially and moralistically also. There are some of us conservatives who think government should get out of peoples bedrooms, stop preaching religion and end the war on (certain) drugs. We support equal rights for all and we donít want religion forced on us. We donít believe the government should legislate morality or against morality. We believe in smaller government that works for the people it represents. We believe the government should help those who canít help themselves but not those who wonít help themselves. I think you see where Iím going here.
On a side note; Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck, the saviors and heroes of the republican party have done more damage to conservatism than any liberal ever could. If you look back to their early days during the 80ís, when politicians were afraid of being labeled as a ďliberalĒ to where we have progressed today we can see what they have accomplished. The media was just as liberal then as it is now. The difference then was that moderate conservatives had a place in the Republican Party. Now the party only caters to the extreme right wing. It has become an ďall or nothingĒ party with no tolerance for those of us with less extreme viewpoints.
The Tea Party was formed in response to a government that some time ago ceased to pay attention to the founding principles and constitution. If you look at their core beliefs you find that they are arguing for a smaller, less intrusive government that is more in line with what the Founders envisioned and what the Framers intended in the US Constitution.
Have a look:
http://www.teaparty-platform.com/

Does anything you see ther sound extremist?

Those ideas seem neither childish nor extremist. They are actually in line with the the original plan for the United States. They are certainly not exclusive to fans of Limbaugh and Beck either. I don't like either of them . Limbaugh is every bit as hateful and misleading as those on the left he despises and talks about daily. I just don't care for Beck's crybaby schtick.

On religion you can say what you want but I've let the available evidence form my opinion about what part religion played in the founding and growth of our nation.

I'll give you this from George Washinton's first inaugural speech. Also keep in mind that after he gave the speech the entire new US government walked a short way to a church and thanked and praised God for the victory and for the new nation He had given them:

"Such being the impressions under which I have, in obedience to the public summons, repaired to the present station, it would be peculiarly improper to omit in this first official act my fervent supplications to that Almighty Being who rules over the universe, who presides in the councils of nations, and whose providential aids can supply every human defect, that His benediction may consecrate to the liberties and happiness of the people of the United States a Government instituted by themselves for these essential purposes, and may enable every instrument employed in its administration to execute with success the functions allotted to his charge."

The intent was freedom of religion, not freedom from it.
simma don

Chittenango, NY

#17 Oct 3, 2013
Da Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, are you even remotely familiar with the area's health care landscape?
Given that central NY already suffers from a shortage of primary care physicians, not to mention the almost catastrophic lack of specialists, how do you think the ACA is going to impact service levels?
evidently your crisis is invisible to myself and everyone i know. my docs office just expanded, brought in another doc and nurse prac with room for more. i've been directly involved with no less than 1/2 dozen surgeons and even more specialists over the past 2 years both as a patient and primary care giver. multiple hospitalizations, in patient re-habs and in home after care. although nothing's perfect my "experience" is that our system is sound and will adjust to handle the extra workload. supply will meet demand as it is now. i welcome every new participant and i hope through preventative care and increased access we'll be healthier. i think we'll see more nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, urgent care centers and clinics take root. they may serve to balance the workload of the PCP's and specialists. we'll see how it plays out. i believe the ACA LAW is here to stay until we advance to a single payer system which is where we need to be.
Truth

Utica, NY

#18 Oct 4, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>You might want to do a little research on CA, they are actually doing quite well now, they are now showing Budget surpluses.
I did a little research like you suggested. What I found is that California projects a budget surplus (this year only) of $36 million.

While it's admirable that after years of deficit spending they finally have a balanced budget. They did it with tax increases on the rich. Same thing New York tried under Governor David Paterson who after the fact famously said this:
"You heard the mantra, Tax the rich, tax the rich, We've done that. We've probably lost jobs and driven people out of the state."

Phil Mickelson and California resident said this about the tax increases he was experiencing:
"It's not making me want to go out and work harder,"
He said that in an interview where he also said he was considering a move out of that state to a state with a friendlier tax environment.

The other thing to consider is that California still has nearly $330 billion in unfunded liabilities. That makes the $36 million surplus this year a drop of water in an ocean of ongoing debt.

California is far from healed. They just stopped spending more than they are taking in....for now anyway.
Truth

Utica, NY

#19 Oct 4, 2013
simma don wrote:
<quoted text>evidently your crisis is invisible to myself and everyone i know. my docs office just expanded, brought in another doc and nurse prac with room for more. i've been directly involved with no less than 1/2 dozen surgeons and even more specialists over the past 2 years both as a patient and primary care giver. multiple hospitalizations, in patient re-habs and in home after care. although nothing's perfect my "experience" is that our system is sound and will adjust to handle the extra workload. supply will meet demand as it is now. i welcome every new participant and i hope through preventative care and increased access we'll be healthier. i think we'll see more nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, urgent care centers and clinics take root. they may serve to balance the workload of the PCP's and specialists. we'll see how it plays out. i believe the ACA LAW is here to stay until we advance to a single payer system which is where we need to be.
St Luke's hospital laid off 16 people this week, are leaving dozens of positions unfilled and are projecting a $4 million loss this year. Why? Because of reduced reimbursement rates to healthcare providers that were instituted in order to pay for the Affordable Care Act.

Think about it for a second. The government is paying doctors and hospitals less for the same work. If they want to maintain their income levels the only thing they can do is see and service more patients. What do you suppose happens when they have to work harder and longer for the same pay? I'm guessing the quality of care goes down.

I spoke with my doctor about the Affordable Care Act and his opinion was 180 degrees from yours. He thought it would lead to a few things. First, less people entering the medical profession because of the increased demands and lower pay the Obamacare program brings with it. Second, he said he thought a new class of doctors will emerge who will opt out of the traditional system and transition to a cash only system. Wealthier people will pay the government imposed fine and go to the cash only doctors who won't be burdened with all of the red tape/expense associated with Obamacare. If these people find themselves with catastrophic illness they will drop into the old system because remember, one can't be turned down because of a pre-existing condition.
Da Law

Ilion, NY

#20 Oct 4, 2013
simma don wrote:
<quoted text>evidently your crisis is invisible to myself and everyone i know. my docs office just expanded, brought in another doc and nurse prac with room for more.
What a curious statement. Could you tell me why the NY State Board of Regents is apparently lying about the state of health care in New York? According to their latest report, dated January 1st of this year, the situation is exactly the opposite of what you appear to be claiming. Here, read it for yourself:

http://www.highered.nysed.gov/kiap/precoll/do...

I'm shocked, simply shocked, that the Regents have been trying to pull the wool over our eyes. More insidiously, they've apparently forgiving tens of millions of dollars in loans because of this fake "doctor shortage" you've exposed.

You do realize that you've uncovered one of the most massive frauds in New York history, don't you? Really, you deserve a pat on the back.
my "experience" is that our system is sound and will adjust to handle the extra workload. supply will meet demand as it is now.
Thank goodness we have you here. Otherwise I might have believed the propaganda being spewed forth by the American Association of Medical Colleges:

https://www.aamc.org/download/100598/data/

And the even more dastardly efforts of the Center for Health Workforce studies:

http://www.iroquois.org/UserFiles/IHA_SUNYCHW...

Somehow, they've been bamboozled into actually thinking there's a doctor shortage in central New York!

Really, we all owe you a huge debt. Without your personal anecdotes we might have thought there was an actual problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big drug bust new hartford 25,000 cash money 4 min olie 4
Imagine being a Utica Welfare Comets fan! 24 min LOSER 2
Charlie's Pizza Closing 37 min Charlie 11
COPS ARE CRIMINALS Part 6 "PETE DINARDO" (Feb '12) 46 min justMe 69
Are Mike R. and Jessica W. still a couple. 2 hr Old News 3
(anyone know a polish guy named martin in west ... 3 hr ssc 2
What Song Are You Listening To Right Now? (Sep '11) 3 hr willie nelson 414
Rat Picente endorses Cuomo in TV ads 6 hr Comets Welfare Stars 21
Proctor football should be ashamed. 7 hr Get a life 15
School Principals 8 hr Bernie 5
utica national (Jun '13) 9 hr POS 643
Bernadette Romano-Clark 9 hr Vamp 43
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica Jobs

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]