Joe

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 27, 2013
Is it true?

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#2 Feb 27, 2013
Hope it is. But I'm sure the utica mentality will creep into this thread and somehow turn into how hannafords only employs child molestiors and how could this area really support another grocery store. Lol
trenton met

Utica, NY

#3 Feb 27, 2013
well then....for the sake of keeping the trolls at bay...lets just say it isn't true.
Resident

Astoria, NY

#4 Feb 27, 2013
I will gladly support a grocery store that doesn't verbally abuse it's staff in front of customers. F Desantis, the guy is a douche
sticks35

Windsor, CT

#5 Feb 27, 2013
its nice having desantis market here, but the owner needs to keep his oversized pie hole shut. he should be taking his workers business to the back in privat, not screaming across the store. this clown is so clueless he dosnt even know hes driving away cutomers in droves. i know alot of people that wont step foot in the place.
not the only one

Manchester, CT

#7 Feb 28, 2013
Well at least I am not the only one that noticed this. He treats his help like sht but his wife and daughters are smoking hot !!
Mike

Utica, NY

#8 Feb 28, 2013
Yes it is true. Been to board once already.,
Cannot wait

Bakers Mills, NY

#9 Feb 28, 2013
I heard they are coming in where Hinge Hardware is located, they will knock this building down.
Kiss My Azz

Utica, NY

#10 Feb 28, 2013
not the only one wrote:
Well at least I am not the only one that noticed this. He treats his help like sht but his wife and daughters are smoking hot !!
His wife and daughter could benefit from a personality transplant. I avoid this store as much as I can. There have been incidents I witnessed where he mistreated the customer.

I hope the Hannaford rumor is true!
Lisa

Utica, NY

#11 Feb 28, 2013
The Family Dollar in Barneveld has a lot of grocery items...flour, sugar, eggs, milk, bread, etc.

Stewarts sells lunch meat by the pound and at a reasonable price.

Don't go to Desantis
trenton met

Hartford, CT

#12 Feb 28, 2013
Kiss My Azz wrote:
<quoted text>
His wife and daughter could benefit from a personality transplant. I avoid this store as much as I can. There have been incidents I witnessed where he mistreated the customer.
I hope the Hannaford rumor is true!
Hopefully Hannaford hires Ed's daughter....she's the only one I'll miss.
nope

New York, NY

#13 Feb 28, 2013
Mike wrote:
Yes it is true. Been to board once already.,
Not true. Hannaford will never open a store in a remote area like Barnevald. There is no profit for them in doing so. They stay in larger metropolitan areas like Utica and New Hartford where there is a steady flow of customers. Population in the Barnevald area is too small for Hannaford to even consider.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#14 Feb 28, 2013
There's a lot of traffic on route 12, they should do pretty good there.
nope

New York, NY

#15 Feb 28, 2013
Energyman wrote:
There's a lot of traffic on route 12, they should do pretty good there.
Doesn't matter. It is a rural area and Hannaford won't put a store there. Not enough shoppers to sustain it to be profitable for them.
lalala

Albany, NY

#16 Feb 28, 2013
The new manager at rite aid is just as bad as desantis...was in there about a month ago and the manager was degrading 2 of the girls that weren't even on the clock but they work there. I overheard them simply asking why they weren't getting any hours and if they were fired for some reason and the manager blew up on them. Saying that as soon as they had a degree in business then he would discuss business with them. I found that extremely disrespectful especially since these 2 girls have been there longer than any of the other employees. I haven't seen them since so they probably quit. I know I wouldn't want to work for someone like that!
tragic

New York, NY

#17 Feb 28, 2013
lalala wrote:
The new manager at rite aid is just as bad as desantis...was in there about a month ago and the manager was degrading 2 of the girls that weren't even on the clock but they work there. I overheard them simply asking why they weren't getting any hours and if they were fired for some reason and the manager blew up on them. Saying that as soon as they had a degree in business then he would discuss business with them. I found that extremely disrespectful especially since these 2 girls have been there longer than any of the other employees. I haven't seen them since so they probably quit. I know I wouldn't want to work for someone like that!
It is because they can get away with it. Where is the nearest store or drug store? So local customers aren't going to just stop shopping there and managers will treat people shitty because there is no competition to keep them in check. Bet if there was another store across the street you might see things change when people started to shop across the street. You get these people in management roles having their own little fiefdom thinking they can shit all over people.
lalala

Albany, NY

#18 Feb 28, 2013
tragic wrote:
<quoted text>It is because they can get away with it. Where is the nearest store or drug store? So local customers aren't going to just stop shopping there and managers will treat people shitty because there is no competition to keep them in check. Bet if there was another store across the street you might see things change when people started to shop across the street. You get these people in management roles having their own little fiefdom thinking they can shit all over people.
That is totally true...I just felt so bad for these 2 girls because like I said they had been there for 3 years probably and this guy comes in and then less than a month later they are gone. They were both very hard workers, I never saw them standing around like most people there, always very friendly. So sad because I know they had that for a second job because they are getting married this summer

Location hidden

#19 Feb 28, 2013
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. It is a rural area and Hannaford won't put a store there. Not enough shoppers to sustain it to be profitable for them.
Desantis has been there for quite a while, Family Dollar is doing ok, they just put in a Dunkin Donuts,Stewarts,Niceneasy, and the drug store has been there for quite some time as well. It may work.
Though, they may take business away from the establishments I just mentioned. I do know Hanafords meat isn't that great though, lol.
nope

New York, NY

#20 Feb 28, 2013
Energyman wrote:
<quoted text>
Desantis has been there for quite a while, Family Dollar is doing ok, they just put in a Dunkin Donuts,Stewarts,Niceneasy, and the drug store has been there for quite some time as well. It may work.
Though, they may take business away from the establishments I just mentioned. I do know Hanafords meat isn't that great though, lol.
It would be nice for people in that area to have a larger supermarket to shop at. but I just don't see a larger outfit like Hannaford opening in such a small market. I dunno. There is one in Herkimer and the village is not very big, but there are several surrounding villages and towns making up a larger customer base. You could go as far as Frankfort to the West as a border where it would be about even to drive from there to Herkimer or to Utica to shop at Hannaford as the western border. I gotta wonder what may happen to Hannaford in Herkimer once Price Chopper opens in Little Falls. Plus there is Walmart and Aldi's to shop from in the Valley area too.

You know, with no other serious competition in and around Barnevald, Hannaford or another chain might make a go at it but still I'm not sure if there is enough population locally there to support it.

Location hidden

#21 Feb 28, 2013
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice for people in that area to have a larger supermarket to shop at. but I just don't see a larger outfit like Hannaford opening in such a small market. I dunno. There is one in Herkimer and the village is not very big, but there are several surrounding villages and towns making up a larger customer base. You could go as far as Frankfort to the West as a border where it would be about even to drive from there to Herkimer or to Utica to shop at Hannaford as the western border. I gotta wonder what may happen to Hannaford in Herkimer once Price Chopper opens in Little Falls. Plus there is Walmart and Aldi's to shop from in the Valley area too.
You know, with no other serious competition in and around Barnevald, Hannaford or another chain might make a go at it but still I'm not sure if there is enough population locally there to support it.
Yea, time will tell. The rumor has been going on for quite some time now, I've seen it go either way. Some didn't believe that they were going to actually have a dunkin donuts there, so that was one rumor that was true, hopefully this one is as well.
A lot of people have to pass it going to camp in the summer and winter too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mike callan state farm and turningstone 6 min VSJFG 2
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 8 min julius 535
Nicest train station in the world 8 min bozo above 2
Told ya nano was already booming 11 min bozo above 2
Jw 22 min truth 6
Bonnie Jewel Meislin found guilty 52 min Bus Ted 1
More Airport Hosing 1 hr cccny 12
Why's did ND trying to hide -PIonish- underage ... 2 hr Wondering 3
Teachers are scared! 3 hr Pinhead Truth 15
parents of ND teach girls drinking and getting ... 6 hr Wondering 11