WKTV

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

They forget to pay the electric bill or something? The signal is off the air again. Their transmitter goes down more often than a $2 hooker!
The facts

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

WKTV wrote:
They forget to pay the electric bill or something? The signal is off the air again. Their transmitter goes down more often than a $2 hooker!
It's not them, the network is having problems. Some other channels are off the air too.
Netwok is fine

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

NBC out of Syracuse is working fine here. If the network feed was down, all the affiliates would have an issue.
Scott

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

As of midnight, WKTV 2.1 and CW 2.2 are off the air as well as being off TWC. They are, however, stil on TWC analog channel 4. Does anyone know what happened? Most likely this has something to do with the storm. According to their website, it says the 11pm newscast was pre-empted, but does not say anything else.
WKTV

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Their high tech coat hanger covered in ton foil transmitter crapped out again. No other stations seem to have these issues. Granted the storm was bad, but they were the only station with any significant down time. I believe it has to do mainly with the antiquated system in place. After all, they are the only local station from Albany to Syracuse with no local HD content. They brag about being #1, but are stuck in pre 2009!
Digital Antenna Guy

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

I was gettin WVVC clear as a bell but no WKTV or CW. Cmon guys, get your shit together up there. Buy some better equipment instead of sending gayboy and marble mouth to NYC. I mean ... HOW GAY!
The facts

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Digital Antenna Guy wrote:
I was gettin WVVC clear as a bell but no WKTV or CW. Cmon guys, get your shit together up there. Buy some better equipment instead of sending gayboy and marble mouth to NYC. I mean ... HOW GAY!
Your remarks are a clear sign of your immaturity.
Halfmoon Cookie Face

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

WKTV wrote:
Their high tech coat hanger covered in ton foil transmitter crapped out again. No other stations seem to have these issues. Granted the storm was bad, but they were the only station with any significant down time. I believe it has to do mainly with the antiquated system in place. After all, they are the only local station from Albany to Syracuse with no local HD content. They brag about being #1, but are stuck in pre 2009!
High tech coat hanger! Lol
Scott

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

WKTV wrote:
Historically, WKTV news has always been greatly behind the times when it comes to modern technology. They were the last station in the US to switch from 16mm film to videotape back in the 1980's. They were still using 1960's era 2" quad videotape machines until 1993. They seem determined to be the last station in the country to ditch outdated 5:4 low def for 16:9. While there are still many stations around the country that are not doing local news in high def, I do not know of any besides WKTV that continue to do news in a 5:4 screen format.
The facts

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>Historically, WKTV news has always been greatly behind the times when it comes to modern technology. They were the last station in the US to switch from 16mm film to videotape back in the 1980's. They were still using 1960's era 2" quad videotape machines until 1993. They seem determined to be the last station in the country to ditch outdated 5:4 low def for 16:9. While there are still many stations around the country that are not doing local news in high def, I do not know of any besides WKTV that continue to do news in a 5:4 screen format.
That doesn't matter at all. You can see and hear the news just fine the way it is. Better technology will not keep you better informed.
WKTV

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

They can save money by just taping one newscast for the morning shows and looping it. All they do is repeat the exact same stories from 5 until 7!

Agreed about going to a 16:9 format! Even WSTM is doing an upscaled SD broadcast! I really wish WUTR would offer a morning show. The newscast is light years ahead of WKTV.
The facts

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

WKTV wrote:
They can save money by just taping one newscast for the morning shows and looping it. All they do is repeat the exact same stories from 5 until 7!
Agreed about going to a 16:9 format! Even WSTM is doing an upscaled SD broadcast! I really wish WUTR would offer a morning show. The newscast is light years ahead of WKTV.
Once again, it doesn't matter. You can close your eyes and still get informed about news in the area. People who read the paper do it all the time.

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

The facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, it doesn't matter. You can close your eyes and still get informed about news in the area. People who read the paper do it all the time.
well my experience is that the od and its 5 day old news is a bigger waste of space than wktv is..
Rick

Holland Patent, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Stand by for a week long telethon in the 7 - 8pm time slot hosted by Symeon Junior. Yes, folks, we at WKTV will utilize your donations for new equipment and backup transmission schemes.
Podz

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

The facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Your remarks are a clear sign of your immaturity.
Your gay.
Stan

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

The facts wrote:
<quoted text>
The point of television is that you are able to watch it. If watching didn't matter, then it would be called radio. The picture quality matters when it comes to television. I want to watch the news, not just listen to it. You must be one of the few people left still reading the OD.
Stan

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Podz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your gay.
No, I think you're stupid.
Balderdash

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

The facts wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not them, the network is having problems. Some other channels are off the air too.
Not the network, an ancient transmitter that frequently fails.
air broadcast

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

wktv nbc hd 2.1Is down again??
Burt T

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Stan wrote:
<quoted text>The point of television is that you are able to watch it. If watching didn't matter, then it would be called radio. The picture quality matters when it comes to television. I want to watch the news, not just listen to it. You must be one of the few people left still reading the OD.
I like to watch it as well. It reminds me of Kukla, Fran and Ollie.
Anyone else remember?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

133 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Homewreckers 14 min Gypsy 35
Parkway unpaved for boilermaker. WHY? 30 min Nothing but the truth 16
Boilermaker 40 min Study 86
RCIL at Saranac 46 min Pathetic 13
Beer run is over 55 min Would 1
what are some of the free sites to meet people ... (Jan '11) 1 hr amillie 20
Kim Simon back in the news (Nov '13) 1 hr papa johns 4
Fat asses in boilermaker 3 hr Sad 38
•••