any other college kids feel frauded b...

any other college kids feel frauded by colleges and false promises?

Posted in the Utica Forum

I FEEL LIKE SAYING

Utica, NY

#1 Aug 26, 2013
I followed my elders advice went to college, graduated and now I'm left with huge student loan debt that is enough to buy a home and my job is nothing special. I make less than 22k and a huge percentage of that goes to pay back my student loan debt. I'm just a corporate slave now, working hard to make someone else rich.
MOS

United States

#2 Aug 26, 2013
Save you money and get out of New York State. There is simply no other way. The state is dumbed down and half the people there still actually believe in the "progressive" democrat lies and put-offs till tomorrow.

The schools there won't enable you. Half the energy in any school there is focused on instant gratification "sports" mentality and the people are out of their minds with denial because any time someone points out the obvious they are attacked and dragged down.

With past as prologue nothing will change, Cuomo has just announced his new "welfare schools" initiative so they can slather your money around to only their goombahs and contracts for "friends".

Unless you suck Cuomo or DemCock you will not succeed period. Unless you pay to play with the "chosen contractors" or "chosen Friends" or share certain family names like Destito or Brindisi you will starve there like everyone else NOT "connected" to the parasite "elite" aristocracy.

Look all around you at all you know and you will see this the absolute truth no matter WHAT the liars and people clouding the issues say.

Waiting for NYS to save you is an exercise in slow death.
Agreed

Utica, NY

#3 Aug 27, 2013
I bought the lies as well. Have a Master's degree and I wish I took the 38k and used it to start up a small business. I would have been much better off. College is corporate. You become a slave the minute you step in the classroom.
f k them all

Whitesboro, NY

#4 Aug 27, 2013
Well, five years ago I put my 250k home in my kids name. They were 19 and 21 at the time. they now own the home. Also five years ago I took out cash advances and personal loans (not college loans) for 40k to help them pay for school. i didnt have a dime for their education. So now five years later , I went bankrupt on those loans and other things. Fk them all. I am paying back everyone who screwed me. I made the payments for 5 years so enough time elapsed where they cant come afer me for the money. Both kids graduated, they own a very nice home and didnt cost them or me a dime. If you go bankrupt, you have to default on loans but let like 3 to 5 years go by. If you do it in a couple years, then file, they get you. Just an opinion/story
Suggestions

United States

#7 Aug 27, 2013
deadzone wrote:
A liberal arts degree will get you nowhere in life unless you want to teach. Business and the STEM fields are where all the money is at these days. Don't waste your time with poetry, art history, anthropology or sociology unless you want to be a bum.
In other words.... avoid ALL Upstate Colleges and their raving lunatic talkers at all costs.

I didn't even WANT to get my degree in the field I make most of my income in it was the stepdad pulling me toward the family business which I never saw as interesting until I saw the money. Once you have one degree it's too easy, don't stop work on a dual major and exploit both. Don't give up guys. GET OUT of NYS to non "progressive" lunatic fringe states and you will do fine. Bring your parents with you and focus ONLY on pragmatic endeavors you will do fine.

PLEASE believe me it's far better once you get out of that feces pit full of fakes. You cannot succeed in the Utica Rome area because people with vendettas and their OWN kids getting any worthwhile job they aren't qualified for will shut you down and you won't realize it until years later.
Duh

Syracuse, NY

#8 Aug 27, 2013
MOS wrote:
Save you money and get out of New York State. There is simply no other way. The state is dumbed down and half the people there still actually believe in the "progressive" democrat lies and put-offs till tomorrow.
The schools there won't enable you. Half the energy in any school there is focused on instant gratification "sports" mentality and the people are out of their minds with denial because any time someone points out the obvious they are attacked and dragged down.
With past as prologue nothing will change, Cuomo has just announced his new "welfare schools" initiative so they can slather your money around to only their goombahs and contracts for "friends".
Unless you suck Cuomo or DemCock you will not succeed period. Unless you pay to play with the "chosen contractors" or "chosen Friends" or share certain family names like Destito or Brindisi you will starve there like everyone else NOT "connected" to the parasite "elite" aristocracy.
Look all around you at all you know and you will see this the absolute truth no matter WHAT the liars and people clouding the issues say.
Waiting for NYS to save you is an exercise in slow death.
Get off your I hate CNY toadstool. The person was talking about secondary education. NY has excellent state schools that offer good quality and affordable education. Since you can't give advice without name calling and swearing, leave the advice to posters who are willing to answer the initial question.
Suggestions

United States

#9 Aug 27, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Get off your I hate CNY toadstool. The person was talking about secondary education. NY has excellent state schools that offer good quality and affordable education. Since you can't give advice without name calling and swearing, leave the advice to posters who are willing to answer the initial question.
Nope. Seriously fool, if you REALLY think NY schools are that great then reread all this. Oh wait, you probably don't have that much by way of 'reading comprehension'. As I not, no-one but YOU asshole mentioned a prerequisite to the question specifying "secondary schools" anyway sho just shut the fuck up and stop looking for something to cry about, your self martyrdom doesn't fly with me.

NY schools aren't rated that highly anyway by anyone but the people who were suckered into paying for them. Grow up and smell your situation. It stinks, ask anyone who can read a list of top rated schools. SUNY is NOWHERE to be found dreamer.
Suggestions

United States

#10 Aug 27, 2013
rich guy wrote:
you were a fool to overspend on education. NYS has wonderful, affordable state schools
According to US News and World Report NY schools don't even turn up until the low 30s. And that's for "forestry" LMAO!! HAHAHAHA!

Read it and weep. THEN go look at the other methods of ranking and guess what? SAME STORY dreamer!

Judging by the way you think and write, you're a "ringing endorsement"! I guess those non-tech "tech colleges didn't work out for you but I bet you can play the fuck out of an acoustic guitar and make flower arrangements with that big big SUNY degree! LMAO!!

F-ckin' New York State of Perpetual Self DELUSION!

New York colleges consistently rate low amongst better schools in better states. Thanks for proving it imbecile! That must be why N.Y. is so poor and trashy!

Another crybaby who has to pretend everything is spiffy in lieu of it actually being so. You people have GOT to learn that "saying it" doesn't make it so. Not everyone you encounter is as stupid as the people you live with day-to-day.
Suggestions

United States

#11 Aug 27, 2013
Cry us a liberal yellow do-nothing going-nowhere river!

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...
Doremi

Danielson, CT

#12 Aug 27, 2013
&#127925;Look down, look down
Don't look 'em in the eye
Look down, look down,
You're here until you die

[STUDENT ONE]
This debt, so high,
I think I'd rather die

[STUDENT TWO]
This pay, so low.
Where else can I afford to go?

[PRISONER]
Look down, look down,
There's twenty years to go

[STUDENT THREE]
I've done no wrong!
Sweet Jesus, hear my prayer!

[STUDENTS]
Look down look down,
Sweet Jesus doesn't care

[STUDENT FOUR]
I saved so much.
How can this be true?

[STUDENTS]
Look down, look down,
No one cares about you.

[STUDENT FIVE]
When I get free ya won't see me
Here for dust!
But alas, the curse, to innovateandchangetheworldmakin gmillionsgodknowshowwithnoguid ancewhatsoever
How can, this work, when I have an empty purse!

[STUDENTS]
Look down, look down
Don't look 'em in the eye

[STUDENT SIX]
How long, oh Lord
Before you let me die?

[STUDENTS]
Look down, look down,
You'll always be a slave
Look down, look down,
You're standing in your grave&#127925;
really

Utica, NY

#13 Aug 28, 2013
Screw college and learn a trade none of your classmates are trying that.I run a small repair business and its impossible to find young kids wanting to work with their hands these days.But i guess I shouldnt complain I can charge a fortune and competition is less and less every year.Take a look at waterville times and you will see 90 percent of graduates going to college and only a few going into trades . A certain amount need college education but not everyone.Well im gonna go make a few hundred more bucks and watch all the cars loaded with high school grads head off to their first year of debt and despair.
Comment

Utica, NY

#14 Aug 30, 2013
Suggestions wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE believe me it's far better once you get out of that feces pit full of fakes. You cannot succeed in the Utica Rome area because people with vendettas and their OWN kids getting any worthwhile job they aren't qualified for will shut you down and you won't realize it until years later.
Agree, get out while you're young enough to start over somewhere better and have a good life!
Comment

Utica, NY

#15 Aug 30, 2013
really wrote:
Screw college and learn a trade none of your classmates are trying that.I run a small repair business and its impossible to find young kids wanting to work with their hands these days.But i guess I shouldnt complain I can charge a fortune and competition is less and less every year.Take a look at waterville times and you will see 90 percent of graduates going to college and only a few going into trades . A certain amount need college education but not everyone.Well im gonna go make a few hundred more bucks and watch all the cars loaded with high school grads head off to their first year of debt and despair.
Another poster who makes an excellent point..all those snobbish "upwardly mobile" types who have brainwashed two entire generations of American kids to believe that working with their hands is beneath them, so they miss out on the opportunity to learn the skilled trades, make an honest living right out of high school, if they take carpentry, etc in BOCES, and completely avoid the fake middle class rat race of being forever in debt.
college

Utica, NY

#16 Aug 30, 2013
If you can get through the trolls there is some good info here.
1. College is not for everyone.
2. Learning a trade can be a great idea
3. Those world report rankings are not a true test of a college. Some colleges are very selective, so they appear higher on the list. Some have a mission to serve populations that may not have a chance otherwise. They appear lower on the list. Look at the school or trade in question. Find out the job outlook for the major your are interested in.
Look in the Sunday paper. What jobs are available locally? What jobs would you have to be willing to move for?
True

United States

#17 Aug 30, 2013
1. College is not for everyone.- Correct. Not everyone can hack it or make use of it.

2. Learning a trade can be a great idea - True, if you want to end up like Phil Faselo pounding fenders and sucking paint fumes for 60k a year if that and pretending they are "Rich Powerful Gambutthead Capo Capo super Capos" like most upstate clowns aspire to with their fcked up priorities and childish ideas of what a valued life really means. Like a ]\[igger with a little gold chain.

3. Those world report rankings are not a true test of a college.-True but they're a good start and that's no excuse to stay away from the schools in NY who teach everyone to pretend they're a sports rockstar and acoustic guitars and liberal kumbaya songs.

Pragmatism and hard work rules.
BS

Utica, NY

#19 Aug 31, 2013
I FEEL LIKE SAYING wrote:
I followed my elders advice went to college, graduated and now I'm left with huge student loan debt that is enough to buy a home and my job is nothing special. I make less than 22k and a huge percentage of that goes to pay back my student loan debt. I'm just a corporate slave now, working hard to make someone else rich.
I agree that colleges have dumbed down a four year degree. What further proof do you need than a college graduate who doesn't know the verb form of fraud is defraud?
XxxxxxxxX

San Jose, CA

#20 Sep 1, 2013
Suggestions wrote:
<quoted text>According to US News and World Report NY schools don't even turn up until the low 30s. And that's for "forestry" LMAO!! HAHAHAHA!
Read it and weep. THEN go look at the other methods of ranking and guess what? SAME STORY dreamer!
Judging by the way you think and write, you're a "ringing endorsement"! I guess those non-tech "tech colleges didn't work out for you but I bet you can play the fuck out of an acoustic guitar and make flower arrangements with that big big SUNY degree! LMAO!!
F-ckin' New York State of Perpetual Self DELUSION!
New York colleges consistently rate low amongst better schools in better states. Thanks for proving it imbecile! That must be why N.Y. is so poor and trashy!
Another crybaby who has to pretend everything is spiffy in lieu of it actually being so. You people have GOT to learn that "saying it" doesn't make it so. Not everyone you encounter is as stupid as the people you live with day-to-day.
SUNY ESF is a wonderful school. I can't even begin to speak to your madman rant posted above. NY has some amazing schools that aren't cheap and some pretty good schools that are very affordable. If your employer cares more about where you went to school than what you did when you were there then they are an idiot. I went to a community college then transfered to a good state school before getting a graduate degree at one of the best universities in the world. DEBT FREE. If you think expensive tuition will equal a good paying job you are a fool.
Woo

Utica, NY

#21 Sep 1, 2013
What you put into it is what you get out of it. Just because you plunk down thousands of dollars doesn't mean you will come out more intelligent or possessing any skills. It's how hard you work. Work ethic, drive and an appreciation for the opportunity to attend college will bring you success.

You are bitter now because you likely breezed through college and demonstrated minimal enthusiasm and put forth the minimum effort. Now you find yourself in the workplace struggling to climb the ladder. It's likely because you are demonstrating the same level of enthusiasm, with ethic and drive you did while attending college.

College is not an entitlement and its not something buy. It's an opportunity and privilege you invest in. The more time and effort you invest, the more likely you are to see a return on your investment.

Go rethink your argument. Consider your attitude. When you've done that, quit blaming everyone else for your own mistakes and shortcomings.

You do nothing; you get nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
15 year old nipple piercing (Aug '10) 2 hr OG Pimpin 11
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 2 hr Honest Babe 5,960
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 3 hr Honest Babe 2,018
Where are there any good fishing spots in Utica... 3 hr NYfishing 10
Looking For A Contractor 3 hr Sickofyoupeople 4
retro fitness 3 hr FitNotFat 26
Two tones tacos closed?? 4 hr utican 2
Whitesboro Fire Department 4 hr Volz 19
Another home invasion 7 hr Archie Bunker 17
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 15 hr TaxLady1 647