Does Palmieri Care About Utica Proper...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Whitesboro White Trash

Clifton Park, NY

#28 Jan 8, 2014
Whitesboro White Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Bringing the state in the the best thing that region could hope for.
100% agree.
Wow

Little Falls, NY

#29 Jan 8, 2014
Kama,

The city does need to revisit all it's resources. What the push will be in my estimation is not for the city to lay down and consolidate with others, but they expect others to consolidate with them. They will wAnt to take over all these other suburban agencies to "help them". That's how it will be marketed. Never mind they can just handle what they have. Utica DPW will offer some wonderful plowing done. UPD will offer to look at if they can respond elsewhere under contract. UFD brass is already salivating to take over some of those cash rich suburbs..... And it ain't to help the suburbs I can assure you! It is for the cash money! Keep the empire churning!

Losers in this deal will be the suburbs as they lose their identity, their money, and control to the city. People will in turn continue to migrate away further out. Sprawl will be inevitable. In any event I don't see this happening as much as the city fathers want that pot of gold. To many folks moved away and will not turn Over there dollars once again to the city of Utica.
Whitesboro White Trash

Clifton Park, NY

#30 Jan 8, 2014
Wow wrote:
Kama,
The city does need to revisit all it's resources. What the push will be in my estimation is not for the city to lay down and consolidate with others, but they expect others to consolidate with them. They will wAnt to take over all these other suburban agencies to "help them". That's how it will be marketed. Never mind they can just handle what they have. Utica DPW will offer some wonderful plowing done. UPD will offer to look at if they can respond elsewhere under contract. UFD brass is already salivating to take over some of those cash rich suburbs..... And it ain't to help the suburbs I can assure you! It is for the cash money! Keep the empire churning!
Losers in this deal will be the suburbs as they lose their identity, their money, and control to the city. People will in turn continue to migrate away further out. Sprawl will be inevitable. In any event I don't see this happening as much as the city fathers want that pot of gold. To many folks moved away and will not turn Over there dollars once again to the city of Utica.
I believe the UFD tried creeping into new Hartford last year.
Rocks

Utica, NY

#31 Jan 9, 2014
What is everyone worried about? The comptroller stated the finances have done a 180. He must be seeing plenty of money.
Whitesboro White Trash

Clifton Park, NY

#32 Jan 9, 2014
Rocks wrote:
What is everyone worried about? The comptroller stated the finances have done a 180. He must be seeing plenty of money.
Lol!!!!!!
Rocks

New Paltz, NY

#33 Jan 9, 2014
We could surmise there is a billy fucillol sized surplus. Huge huge huuugggeee. Bond rating agencies on the verge of upgrades. If finances have taken a true 180 and comptroller being truthfully we will be in great shape. . Lets see if that is the case. He should hold no credibility otherwise.
Frank

Carthage, NY

#34 Jan 10, 2014
We should consolidate, let's start by consolidating the civil service office with the county.
They already showed their corruption and incompetence when they adopted a chief's list that allowed Labelly to be chief.
That office is a joke. The people in that office don't have any accountability. They come and go as they please. They should have their hours checked. They are constantly on the phone with personal calls. Filing their nails and making 100 trips to the bathroom to powder their nose.
What a joke. The last hire of Firefighters included many from outside the city and was done illegally.
Corruption breads in Utica and lives.
Stanely

Ithaca, NY

#35 Jan 10, 2014
Look at the city streets, that should answer the question if he cares.
to frank

Schenectady, NY

#36 Jan 10, 2014
Frank you need to look in the mirror. The prior comptroller his office is a circus with his crew of clowns, gypsy, and thieves. The boss boasts of surpluses. The same story is getting old. People don't believe a word he says anymore. Hand in the retirement paperwork and leave civil service alone.
Frank

Carthage, NY

#37 Jan 13, 2014
No get rid of the Civili service department, it's a joke. If you work at city hall you should be aware of this. The only ones who would say keep civil service would be the jokes who work there. So if this is Lori or Melissa, you should try to find a real job in the private sector and see if they put up with your bullshit. I'm not retiring.
again

Rome, NY

#38 Jan 13, 2014
kamakazell wrote:
<quoted text> The problem with Utica is public safety salaries and benefits, there just is not enough tax base in Utica to continue giving these carte blanche positions, mainly the brass and do nothing positions in public safety. We just can not affford it anymore. The days of taking care of people who are not necessary are over, the real problem is that there just is too much waste in the Police and Fire Department. Just for example, 3 chiefs in the Police Department who all work days, none on night shifts. And as far as the Fire Department, there is just to many chiefs and not enough indians, along with too many captains and lieutenants for a small city like Utica, There is too much conflict of interest in the council and the mayors office. The bullshit must stop or Cuomo will penalize cities like Utica and to be frank, it is long over do. The taxpayer has had enough of the bull shit from the Police and Fire department heads..
The answer to all the city problems is to throw the trash people out of the city and you wouldn't need half of the public safety to babysit them with ems and police calls. The low trash either blacl and white will cost the city forever. They destroy property,slum up things, burglary,robbery, and domestic calls .Don't blame the police for the trash in UTICA. THE slum landlords and weak codes system that flourished for years in the city ruined the city.,Now JUST LIVE WITH IT>
Or you might

Utica, NY

#40 Jan 13, 2014
AnalCretinTalkers wrote:
Or move away to better climes and economy and laugh at it!
stay at home in mom's basement forever trolling the internet and licking mammy's crusty clam for an allowance. Like Cretin does!
That works

Ellenwood, GA

#41 Jan 13, 2014
AnalCretinTalkers wrote:
Or move away to better climes and economy and laugh at it!
Thousands do it every year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George Flange 13 min max 27
hairy bush or shaved bush? 27 min Pimp 23
Little Larry loudmouth Tanoury where has he been (Sep '14) 1 hr St Louis 7
Utica Cop Block 1 hr Tazzamania 4
why are trumpsters all failures 1 hr Fake Statements 43
dr dhabhar (Mar '12) 1 hr Kuyahoora 35
Cops Speeding 1 hr MrMartinKing 21
Claudia chickens out 1 hr MrMartinKing 12
Name shitty COPS 4 hr PainKiller 8
How long does the IRS take to refund money afte... (Mar '13) 13 hr Mike Jame 117

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages