Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Jan 13, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
kamakazell

Utica, NY

#1 Jan 7, 2014
With the upcoming Utica Budget coming up in 2 months let us see if Palmieri cares about the property owners of Utica. Cuomo has instituted tax cuts for residential and business property owners if Palmieri can keep the property tax increase under the 2% tax cap and if he can consolidate departments to save money. It is time to consolidate public safety with the townships and sheriffs to save money. So now it is up to him, is he going to screw the Utica Property owners or do the right thing and help turn Utica around.
Pete

Schenectady, NY

#2 Jan 7, 2014
Pete you being in public safety know that its beyond his control to consolidate police and fire. Its not on Utica's end but what other tax base would want to pay for their police to deal with the degenerates of Utica. There is other obstacles also
hmmm

Utica, NY

#3 Jan 7, 2014
bet he does whatever benefits him and his leeches the most
Whitesboro White Trash

Clifton Park, NY

#4 Jan 7, 2014
hmmm wrote:
bet he does whatever benefits him and his leeches the most
Spot on.
kamakazell

Utica, NY

#5 Jan 7, 2014
Pete wrote:
Pete you being in public safety know that its beyond his control to consolidate police and fire. Its not on Utica's end but what other tax base would want to pay for their police to deal with the degenerates of Utica. There is other obstacles also
The problem with Utica is public safety salaries and benefits, there just is not enough tax base in Utica to continue giving these carte blanche positions, mainly the brass and do nothing positions in public safety. We just can not affford it anymore. The days of taking care of people who are not necessary are over, the real problem is that there just is too much waste in the Police and Fire Department. Just for example, 3 chiefs in the Police Department who all work days, none on night shifts. And as far as the Fire Department, there is just to many chiefs and not enough indians, along with too many captains and lieutenants for a small city like Utica, There is too much conflict of interest in the council and the mayors office. The bullshit must stop or Cuomo will penalize cities like Utica and to be frank, it is long over do. The taxpayer has had enough of the bull shit from the Police and Fire department heads..
Gary

New York, NY

#6 Jan 7, 2014
Utica is in for it. No one changes the corruption in this city. This city is a laughing stock of the state. Cut police and fire positions. Get rid of the lazy DPW and parks employees. Saw a DPW small dump truck unloading snow behind the aud today. I watched them sit there for 25 minutes to unload a load of snow that takes 2 minutes. They were hanging out playing with there phones.
tony

Utica, NY

#7 Jan 7, 2014
Palmieri only cares about Palmieri.............
Towns

Utica, NY

#8 Jan 7, 2014
I hear what your saying Pete. But as a former Utican living in one of those surrounding towns why should our town bail out the city after they've shown time and time again they can't manage there own affairs fiducially or ethically for that matter.

I'm very happy with my town taxes and great services. I have no plans to ever go back to the city. To wit - What incentives is there for those town people living around the city to bail them out financially? Should our own services suffer ? My roads are plowed and paved when needed. Trash is picked up. Our police force is right sized and responsive to our needs and professional to a T. Our volunteer FD is top notch and rated equal to a career debt by ISO with a 3 rating; and there certs and training is comparable to their career brethren. Parks are nice. Attitudes are pleasant. I could go on and on.

While I feel for the city and it's issues I have no desire to go backwards.
Whitesboro White Trash

Clifton Park, NY

#9 Jan 7, 2014
Towns wrote:
I hear what your saying Pete. But as a former Utican living in one of those surrounding towns why should our town bail out the city after they've shown time and time again they can't manage there own affairs fiducially or ethically for that matter.
I'm very happy with my town taxes and great services. I have no plans to ever go back to the city. To wit - What incentives is there for those town people living around the city to bail them out financially? Should our own services suffer ? My roads are plowed and paved when needed. Trash is picked up. Our police force is right sized and responsive to our needs and professional to a T. Our volunteer FD is top notch and rated equal to a career debt by ISO with a 3 rating; and there certs and training is comparable to their career brethren. Parks are nice. Attitudes are pleasant. I could go on and on.
Absolutely true.
kamakazell

Utica, NY

#10 Jan 7, 2014
Towns wrote:
Do you work for the city of Utica, sounds like you might be a firefighter or cop. Now there is another big problem, non-residents working for Utica, We need to have a part paid and part volunteer Fire Department, we can no longer afford a fully paid department and we need the sheriff to assist the UPD, we need to cut both departments if the city does not want to go bankrupt, those are the bare truths because bankruptcy is right around the corner and then everybody loses.
one who knows

New Hartford, NY

#11 Jan 7, 2014
kamakazell wrote:
<quoted text> The problem with Utica is public safety salaries and benefits, there just is not enough tax base in Utica to continue giving these carte blanche positions, mainly the brass and do nothing positions in public safety. We just can not affford it anymore. The days of taking care of people who are not necessary are over, the real problem is that there just is too much waste in the Police and Fire Department. Just for example, 3 chiefs in the Police Department who all work days, none on night shifts. And as far as the Fire Department, there is just to many chiefs and not enough indians, along with too many captains and lieutenants for a small city like Utica, There is too much conflict of interest in the council and the mayors office. The bullshit must stop or Cuomo will penalize cities like Utica and to be frank, it is long over do. The taxpayer has had enough of the bull shit from the Police and Fire department heads..
If Palmieri wants to continue getting State Aid to run the City of Utica, he is going to have to make plans to start consolidating surrounding governments resources - such as UPD, State Police, Sheriff, and local Town Police all together to form one Police Agency to get rid of all the scum that is destroying Utica and who are slowly moving out to the surburbs. The County will have to do the same.

I listened to the Governor's speech and what he wants to do. As he said, there is too much Government in the State of New York - each town, villiage, etc. have their own "government" and the taxpapers are stretched too thin to be able to continue supporting this kind of government.

We currently have a Metro Squad that consists of going after drug dealers and is made up of UPD, along with the Sheriff Dept. and NHPD, as well as the State Police. It has accomplished many instances of closing down drug dealers and are very proficient in their tactics. This is an example of combining ALL police forces to act as one unit.

Governor also stated that too much burden has been placed on the property owners that no longer can be sustained. Upstate New York is bleeding to death because of all the taxes the property owners are expected to pay IN ADDITION to all the other taxes (sewer, utilities, phone, cable, water, etc. that keep rising year after year).

So - Palmierir - you wanted your job, now you are going to have to use your brain and figure out a way to work with the Governor - or - Albany will come and do it for you!
Sam

Utica, NY

#12 Jan 7, 2014
Gary wrote:
Utica is in for it. No one changes the corruption in this city. This city is a laughing stock of the state. Cut police and fire positions. Get rid of the lazy DPW and parks employees. Saw a DPW small dump truck unloading snow behind the aud today. I watched them sit there for 25 minutes to unload a load of snow that takes 2 minutes. They were hanging out playing with there phones.
I like this idea cut Police and Fire and DPW, Then cut welfare and most free hand outs. Stop shipping in people that NEED welfare.
Sam

Utica, NY

#14 Jan 7, 2014
I dont see it wrote:
All I see is Palmeiri bleeding out the rest of the homeowners. He doesn't want to give them a break. Now were having to bail out the schools because of higher than normal foreclosures an it's getting worse every year. It's pretty much hopeless After the Roefaro administration devoured all Uticas bank accounts, reserve funds, and coffers. Roefaro also was the cause of our bond rating being lowered 3 times, an unstable financial outlook, and higher interest rates. Roefaro buried us and there's no bringing back the dead. He over sweetened the pie for public safety that won't be undone to we go bankrupt or the State takes over.
Please do not forget 2 million dollar Lawsuit that Roefaro caused. 1 he should have NEVER appointed Labella as Police Chief,
It is time

Utica, NY

#15 Jan 7, 2014
one who knows wrote:
<quoted text>If Palmieri wants to continue getting State Aid to run the City of Utica, he is going to have to make plans to start consolidating surrounding governments resources - such as UPD, State Police, Sheriff, and local Town Police all together to form one Police Agency to get rid of all the scum that is destroying Utica and who are slowly moving out to the surburbs. The County will have to do the same.
I listened to the Governor's speech and what he wants to do. As he said, there is too much Government in the State of New York - each town, villiage, etc. have their own "government" and the taxpapers are stretched too thin to be able to continue supporting this kind of government.
We currently have a Metro Squad that consists of going after drug dealers and is made up of UPD, along with the Sheriff Dept. and NHPD, as well as the State Police. It has accomplished many instances of closing down drug dealers and are very proficient in their tactics. This is an example of combining ALL police forces to act as one unit.
Governor also stated that too much burden has been placed on the property owners that no longer can be sustained. Upstate New York is bleeding to death because of all the taxes the property owners are expected to pay IN ADDITION to all the other taxes (sewer, utilities, phone, cable, water, etc. that keep rising year after year).
So - Palmierir - you wanted your job, now you are going to have to use your brain and figure out a way to work with the Governor - or - Albany will come and do it for you!
Your job is far greater, Mayor than going out in a suit and tie and spending hours picking up trash, but nothing too trashy or you will get your suit dirty. So are you really spending your time wisely since you are really not getting down and dirty. Also, you already pay a crew to do just that. Go figure the big stuff out like a mayor should. Not play in the streets pretending you are doing what these hard working men and women are doing. Jesus!!!!
Bbo

New York, NY

#16 Jan 7, 2014
kamakazell wrote:
With the upcoming Utica Budget coming up in 2 months let us see if Palmieri cares about the property owners of Utica. Cuomo has instituted tax cuts for residential and business property owners if Palmieri can keep the property tax increase under the 2% tax cap and if he can consolidate departments to save money. It is time to consolidate public safety with the townships and sheriffs to save money. So now it is up to him, is he going to screw the Utica Property owners or do the right thing and help turn Utica around.
I totally agree with this. Very well stated! These things also need to be stated more publicly in council meetings and at every public venue possible.
Whitesboro White Trash

Clifton Park, NY

#17 Jan 7, 2014
It is time wrote:
<quoted text>
Your job is far greater, Mayor than going out in a suit and tie and spending hours picking up trash, but nothing too trashy or you will get your suit dirty. So are you really spending your time wisely since you are really not getting down and dirty. Also, you already pay a crew to do just that. Go figure the big stuff out like a mayor should. Not play in the streets pretending you are doing what these hard working men and women are doing. Jesus!!!!
It's the dog and pony show! LOL!!!
Whitesboro White Trash

Clifton Park, NY

#19 Jan 8, 2014
I dont see it wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, there was so much corruption in the Roefaro administration between cleaning out the entire finances of the city. to ruining it's bond and credit rating, to pending lawsuits that will cripple any homeowner who is on a fixed income. Foreclosures are skyrocketing in Utica and the young continue to leave as soon as there of age. Nobodies home is safe anymore from higher taxes to the ever increasing sewer and water rates to the highest utility rates in the state. There is absolutely no reason for homeowners to stay in this God Forsaken City which only takes care of it's own and doesn't protect the homeowner one iota. If it wasn't for the droves of refugees and those seeking welfare this would be a ghost town. New Hartford has been out doing Utica for years that Utica has been handing out all it's time and energy on the family and friends plans.
But there's a sign now! Lol!!!
Over it

Utica, NY

#20 Jan 8, 2014
I dont see it wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, there was so much corruption in the Roefaro administration between cleaning out the entire finances of the city. to ruining it's bond and credit rating, to pending lawsuits that will cripple any homeowner who is on a fixed income. Foreclosures are skyrocketing in Utica and the young continue to leave as soon as there of age. Nobodies home is safe anymore from higher taxes to the ever increasing sewer and water rates to the highest utility rates in the state. There is absolutely no reason for homeowners to stay in this God Forsaken City which only takes care of it's own and doesn't protect the homeowner one iota. If it wasn't for the droves of refugees and those seeking welfare this would be a ghost town. New Hartford has been out doing Utica for years that Utica has been handing out all it's time and energy on the family and friends plans.
Roe faro is gone, let's start holding the mayor accountable now. Enough of the past, today is today!!!
Roefaro Hog N Phony Show

United States

#22 Jan 8, 2014
Whitesboro White Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
But there's a sign now! Lol!!!
How smug gofuckyourself how's that? There is plenty enough scorn to go around to LaVlubba and the pig Roefaro Family including the little boy pee pee toucher aide to Chuck Schumer Angelo Roefaro.

They helped put in the coffin nails that brought you to this so fuckoff if your retarded ass thinks the Roefaro family won't be rightfully saddled with most of the blame. Roefaro ALLOWED the whole LaBella hog & phony show and they're lucky they weren't chased down and shot to death in a dark alley for what they've done.
Whitesboro White Trash

Clifton Park, NY

#24 Jan 8, 2014
never forget wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you forget what Roefaro has done when it is going to effect taxpayers for the next decade if not longer. Those who forget are doomed to make the same mistake and it's what Roefaro has done that's are part of our future of taxes forever if not bankruptcy or a State Control Board.
Bringing the state in the the best thing that region could hope for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NH 12 Year Old Sues NHCSD 4 min Big Head Al 6
Was anybody actually at Fuel's men's room when ... 10 min no class 10
Mark Butler admits no chip manufacturing plant due 11 min Harrison 7
Something is up 17 min Suspicious Minds 1
US Cell Net TOTALLY Comprimised 22 min Harrison 4
RIP Mario 49 min Help 2
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 57 min suncricket 125
Jill WKTV 8 hr Jennifer 15
utica national (Jun '13) 13 hr contact info 528
•••