youth hockey
puck hog

Utica, NY

#1 Jul 4, 2013
If you were knew to the area and had a child 9 and 12 what organization would you choose?
Be careful

Boonville, NY

#2 Jul 4, 2013
Any organization that doesn't have Dave harasz controlling the bank. Lots of thieves in Utica youth hockey
Level 3

Since: Jul 12

Broad Brook, CT

#3 Jul 4, 2013
dont know much about utica, whitestowns been a complete mess for over 20 yrs(i coached there and couldnt get out fast enough) new hartford has attitude problems and doesn't like outsiders, either clinton or rome would be safe choices.
oh nooooooooooooo

Utica, NY

#4 Jul 4, 2013
stay away from any organization that has jon bryant on its board.
Two can Sam

New York, NY

#5 Jul 5, 2013
Join valley elite, it's the best program around!! It's one stop shopping for all your youth hockey needs. Want to get drunk in the halls with a group of blow jobs? They have you covered. Want to pay for kids to travel up from down state? They have you covered. Want coaches that are to hung over to show up the next day? They have you covered. Want to go broke living out another mans dream? Valley elite is for you. Sign up today, reply to this with your name and bank account number. We don't care how good or bad your child is we just want your money.
Rome

Red Hook, NY

#6 Oct 14, 2013
Rome Youth Hockey is rebuilding. Great things going on there!
Hockey Nut

Utica, NY

#7 Oct 14, 2013
Too many parents want to move their kids around all of the time because they try to live vicariously through them. They all think that their kid is the next NHL superstar waiting to happen.

Have the kid play in the organization where the kids in his school play. In the end he will have a better time playing on the same team as his friends from school.

Too many parents move their kid from one organization to another thinking that they will have a better chance to develop into a superstar. The reality is most of these kids are average at best and should just play for their home organization.

For the top 5% kids who really are self motivated and posses superior skills then yes get them out of their home organization and into an elite AAA team somewhere.
Rome

Cortland, NY

#9 Oct 14, 2013
Hockey Nut wrote:
Too many parents want to move their kids around all of the time because they try to live vicariously through them. They all think that their kid is the next NHL superstar waiting to happen.
Have the kid play in the organization where the kids in his school play. In the end he will have a better time playing on the same team as his friends from school.
Too many parents move their kid from one organization to another thinking that they will have a better chance to develop into a superstar. The reality is most of these kids are average at best and should just play for their home organization.
For the top 5% kids who really are self motivated and posses superior skills then yes get them out of their home organization and into an elite AAA team somewhere.
Agreed. Unfortunately kids have to leave their home organizations as numbers drop at the higher levels. Sad.
Rael

New York, NY

#10 Oct 17, 2013
I take offense to the Utica Organization being a bunch of thieves. They have worked hard to keep their program running for years. My son played there for 11 years then he played in Syracuse for two. If people were smart they would be trying to merge with them so that all the kids would be able to play at the right level. This would allow the better players to stay local and saving parents money instead of shipping them off to Syracuse. There should be one organization and they should all work together. It makes sense. I would not hesitate to send anyone to Utica. In a few years they might be to only one left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 5 min 4sies 700
READ what the NORMAL world thinks of Utica! URB... 16 min negobackhome 37
can MY CYSCO BARBIE SERVER CONTACT GAY RICH EDU... 30 min MEDUSA HEAD GOLE ... 1
how MANY PEOPLE WITH GOLD TEETH WENT TO MOON 35 min Average Utican Reply 14
Why ]/[lqqERS RA PE BABIES In AFRICA ALL DAY 37 min Average Utican Reply 139
name PEOPLE WEARING NYLONS ON HEAD WHO BUILT MA... 38 min Average Utican Reply 8
why ARE US ]\[lqqers PATHOLOGICAL LYING CRIMINA... 41 min Average Utican Reply 40
Jill Reale and Archibald? 2 hr Utica boss 24
utica national (Jun '13) 5 hr John L Train 725
Shots bar stabbing 7 hr DIRTY 29
What happened Harmony 14 hr BobbyO 167
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages