Teaparty

Jackson, OH

#1 Feb 13, 2010
How is EDGE money spent? How can I find out who is getting our tax dollars?

Why don't they post this information on their website?

No Picente again!!!!!
Peeparty

Syracuse, NY

#2 Feb 13, 2010
EDGE pisses our money away and based upon the way it is set up, no one can get a straight answer on how our money is spent. I can tell you one thing though, Steve Dimeo is the worst government official in the industry. He is sloppy and not very personable, but because most of our elected officials are uneducated and stupid, they think that he is a Rhodes Scholar.
Not Right

Etowah, NC

#3 Feb 14, 2010
Teaparty wrote:
No Picente again!!!!!
How is EDGE spending our money?
HANNA IS THE ONE

Poplar Ridge, NY

#4 Feb 14, 2010
Hanna will disband EDGE... Dimeo is a control freak and has annointed himself as the "HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR". We are the laughing stock of business development... and now they want to spend million$ at Griffiss Utilities .. FOR WHAT!!!!

These idiots must go
what has he done

New York, NY

#5 Feb 14, 2010
What has Steve Dimeo and or MV Edge actually done to benefit this area???? I can't think of anything
wow

New York, NY

#6 Feb 14, 2010
what is the total amount of tax dollars given to edge since its inception?????????? this should be the county exc and mayors jobs, if we were seeing hard core results through the years that would be one thing but almost does not count and publis safety comm should be the job of the police chief, if they cant work the necessary hours to get the job done than dont run for office!!!!!!! pay freeze for all politicians for 5 years , why do we have to be as dyfunctinal as albany? solutions are simple make cuts
wow

New York, NY

#7 Apr 30, 2010
do we need them at taxpayer expense??
fred

New York, NY

#8 May 5, 2010
total waste of tax dollars
Valley Mom

United States

#9 May 5, 2010
wow wrote:
do we need them at taxpayer expense??
All you need to do as a concerned citizen is call the office and request this information. Very positive organization for this area and you would be surprised if you are truly interested to learn what they actually do. However, I suspect that you are just another taxpayer that wishes to remain ignorant and pass judgement without any facts that are supported by the organization themselves and not supported by disgruntled topix posters.
taxpayer

New York, NY

#10 May 6, 2010
Valley Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need to do as a concerned citizen is call the office and request this information. Very positive organization for this area and you would be surprised if you are truly interested to learn what they actually do. However, I suspect that you are just another taxpayer that wishes to remain ignorant and pass judgement without any facts that are supported by the organization themselves and not supported by disgruntled topix posters.
we need to see results , in the last 10 years we gave them millions,im not saying they dont try hard but we cant affordit, besides its the politicians job why double pay for no results??? sorry just my take
stick60

Auburn, NY

#11 May 7, 2010
The EDGE and its Griffiss sister agency have received tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions, of federal, state and local tax dollars. Yet, there has been no accounting and no cost/benefit analysis of its performance. If one totaled the new, private sector jobs assisted by EDGE, the number would be paltry. And, one never reads of the staff size,salries and benefits. The primary function of EDGE has been to move existing businesses from other parts of the area into Griffiss; all with some form of governemnt subsidy.
Live life

Syracuse, NY

#12 May 7, 2010
I Just tried calling for the information and was told they make it available through agencies they work with. Maybe the OD will do the people's work and get this info. If anyone has Dan Miner's number contact him. He seems to be the only real journalist over there.
Steve

Anonymous Proxy

#13 Mar 23, 2013
Teaparty wrote:
No Picente again!!!!!
We need edge now more than ever

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calling Out Bobby Oliveira the liar 11 min FREAKS stalking t... 13
Pedestrian Bridge Already Showing Its Worth 18 min Gaggy 6
Casual SEX women only who agrees, no strings (Apr '11) 31 min Yup yup 44
Jill Reale windy city 32 min Rafe Hollister 20
Where is Charles (chuck) Laning? (Jun '11) 53 min Why 280
youngsters sex life 58 min grandma 1
the old wicker mill (Feb '09) 1 hr shopp Her 75
summit.com girl 1 hr traci 18
AHL Worldwide 2 hr No western confer... 30
Kristen Copeland. Channel 2 News (Feb '13) 3 hr Cecelie 36