JR Comets only Tier II

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NH Pride

Utica, NY

#1 May 28, 2014
Its funny how the the Utica Comets are misleading hockey parents.

They just turned "Teir II". So in other words they are now at the same level as Whitestown, New Hartford, Clinton and Rome. Congrats!

Just because you are having tryouts months before others doesn't make you a higher level.

Higher level is Teir 1, or AAA, which would be Morrisville or Syracuse.
Way to take advantage of hockey parents and players. Shame on you all.
really

Carthage, NY

#2 May 28, 2014
NH Pride? I guess you must be proud that over twenty kids left NH last year and went to Utica. You don't have a peewee team this year and no bantam team next year. You also must be proud of your board members, real pillars of the community. Retard.
I am proud

Newington, CT

#3 May 28, 2014
I am proud that I can spell Tier. I also am proud that I know the facts. Are you aware that NH had tryouts before the Utica Comets did this Spring?
NH Pride

Utica, NY

#4 May 28, 2014
NH had their tryouts early 2 years in a row.

Again... they are Tier 2. Same as all the other organizations.

And yes, everyone is leaving to go to Utica because what child wouldnt want to wear a Comets Jersey.

Again... no reason to mislead hockey families.
Warriors Pride

Utica, NY

#5 May 28, 2014
A lot of our players just left to go play for BlueLine in Morrisville.

Higher level and quality coaching.
Dylan

Utica, NY

#7 May 28, 2014
We beat then twice last year.
always

Frankfort, NY

#8 May 28, 2014
Dylan wrote:
We beat then twice last year.
Big time 2nd game lolol
Joke

Little Falls, NY

#9 May 28, 2014
The MVYHA has long been the joke program of the greater Utica area, on the edge of folding year after year. Changing their jersey colors and affiliation from black to orange (UC) a few years ago didn't work, and long term I'm doubtful that going from orange to blue (Comets) will do any better. Last season they were the flavor of the month and rode a wave of interest from the long established local associations. But their numbers will not be nearly as high this coming season, you can count on that.

Overall hockey #'s are way down in the greater Utica area over the past 5 years largely due to programs who prey on discontent. Hockey is a game of numbers and the averages of human genetics. The more kids there are playing hockey in this region, the more higher caliber players we'll produce. The MV Mustangs/Pioneers/Jr. Comets will not be the savior program of our area in part because they will only attract and cater to cronies and cliques, just as they've always done.
jason

Little Falls, NY

#10 May 28, 2014
NH Pride wrote:
Its funny how the the Utica Comets are misleading hockey parents.
They just turned "Teir II". So in other words they are now at the same level as Whitestown, New Hartford, Clinton and Rome. Congrats!
Just because you are having tryouts months before others doesn't make you a higher level.
Higher level is Teir 1, or AAA, which would be Morrisville or Syracuse.
Way to take advantage of hockey parents and players. Shame on you all.
I'm not sure who was misled maybe you are just ignorant. It was made clear that they are now at the same level as the other local organization and will play them in sectional qualifying games this upcoming season.

Morrisville is tier 2 just so you know. the closest tier 1 programs are Syracuse, Albany and Clifton Park. Get your facts straight and also take a spelling lesson
gino

Little Falls, NY

#11 May 28, 2014
Warriors Pride wrote:
A lot of our players just left to go play for BlueLine in Morrisville.
Higher level and quality coaching.
higher level, quality coaching or just more power hungry people who couldn't get their way where they were. lets not forget that those people left town because they weren't given what they felt they deserved. so glad that manley got his level 5 paid for by the families of Whitestown Youth Hockey.
always

Blossvale, NY

#12 May 29, 2014
gino wrote:
<quoted text>higher level, quality coaching or just more power hungry people who couldn't get their way where they were. lets not forget that those people left town because they weren't given what they felt they deserved. so glad that manley got his level 5 paid for by the families of Whitestown Youth Hockey.
They did not get the practice time they were promised. R u kidding me? Did not get what they deserved lol. Please jrcomets r a joke.
NH Pride

Utica, NY

#13 May 29, 2014
Did we mention the Comets are the only organization in NY State that doesn't allow their kids to keep there jerseys.
Ohhh.. and you have to "rent" them with no refund.
Class act Comets, class act. All about the money, not the kids.
Curious minds

New Hartford, NY

#14 May 29, 2014
I am surprised with all this high quality coaching that these kids have to change organizations every year. Curious.... Also, don't really care about a jersey when I get professional skating clinics at a ridiculously cheap price because the Comets paid for it. I am sure that having a guy who worked with stars like Sidney Crosby isn't as good as Manley though....
gretzky

Ithaca, NY

#15 May 29, 2014
kids move all the time. mv has been on the brink a few times but they are still there. all organizations are up and down. tier 2 tier 3 it doesnt matter. it also doesnt matter when tryouts are.
gino

Little Falls, NY

#16 May 29, 2014
Curious minds wrote:
I am surprised with all this high quality coaching that these kids have to change organizations every year. Curious.... Also, don't really care about a jersey when I get professional skating clinics at a ridiculously cheap price because the Comets paid for it. I am sure that having a guy who worked with stars like Sidney Crosby isn't as good as Manley though....
lets not forget that manley was a paid jr comets coach last season. he was sleeping at the wheel. he did nothing all season but undermine the program in the hopes of getting people to leave and follow him to center state. he had a plan when he joined utica to put together a program at center state. sad that you have to drive an hour away in order to have your kids play on the same team. i just hope their dream of winning a state championship come true
the man

Blossvale, NY

#17 May 30, 2014
gino wrote:
<quoted text>lets not forget that manley was a paid jr comets coach last season. he was sleeping at the wheel. he did nothing all season but undermine the program in the hopes of getting people to leave and follow him to center state. he had a plan when he joined utica to put together a program at center state. sad that you have to drive an hour away in order to have your kids play on the same team. i just hope their dream of winning a state championship come true
Manley is garbage those kids that followed him no matter what make high school team when of age. The parents are all friends. Complete joke. Whitestown parents beware what a pos he is.
lynx

Carthage, NY

#18 May 30, 2014
I am getting my kid to NH as fast as I can. I heard bj billy is the coach this year.
Drazier

Utica, NY

#19 Jun 1, 2014
Utica Comets are no higher than Clinton Whitestown Rome or NH. Just because they call them Minors and Majors, means nothing other then misleading parents.

Proof they are in it for the money.
Utica Comets summer camp:$480 for 5 days.
Syracuse Crunch Camp $350 for 5 days.
les

Little Falls, NY

#20 Jun 1, 2014
Drazier wrote:
Utica Comets are no higher than Clinton Whitestown Rome or NH. Just because they call them Minors and Majors, means nothing other then misleading parents.
Proof they are in it for the money.
Utica Comets summer camp:$480 for 5 days.
Syracuse Crunch Camp $350 for 5 days.
please dont confuse the comets with the jr comets. esche promised these people the world and didnt deliver just look at the 50/50 and you'll see that. there are good people with the jr comets that dont like the comets program any more than anyone else. they are flying the flag only because they are afraid of esche and how he might screw the kids if they dont
Joke

Ilion, NY

#21 Sep 22, 2014
Curious minds wrote:
Does that mean that coach is something special?? Is he going to make some kid from the area the next nhl superstar?? Probably not going to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Lives Matter March in Utica WTF 1 hr Utica White lViqqers 19
tiffany ros 1 hr Cecile 5
First Nano Now the Feds 1 hr Chris Hameline EX... 2
Hillary wrong choice! 2 hr Wise Up 14
Utica: AG Lynch Isn't Concerned 2 hr Chris Hameline EX... 17
WHICH Assistant DA RESIGNIED over Utica Court W... 2 hr Chris Hameline EX... 42
Brahbam arrest 2 hr Saggy pants 50
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... 3 hr Fanfarillo the Fryer 63
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 5 hr Just my two cents 51

Utica Jobs